What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

I repeat. The locals will stay atleast short term. Turuva can still play Flegg next year he is much better staying here. Can re-assess in 2024 what is best for him
if we can get him to stay for 4 years, he will have that number 1 spot as Dylan would be 30 in 2026 and be good for him to get a payday at some other club.

maple_69

Bench
Nice contract for Turuva. Finishes the same time as Edwards extension. End of next year we should have a better idea what the right play is for the following 5 years or so.

Yeo will be 30 at the end of 24 and, like Melbourne have done so well, we need to plan the transition of Cleary, Luai, Yeo and Edwards really carefully. I wouldn’t want our two most critical defensive players moving on at the same time in say 2026.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Well Ciraldo is going to be in big demand right now
Brown from the warriors gone by the end of week
Maguire gone by end of week
Barrett already gone
He has been sitting a waiting.there are now 3 position available now

Smug Panther

First Grade
Well Ciraldo is going to be in big demand right now
Brown from the warriors gone by the end of week
Maguire gone by end of week
Barrett already gone
He has been sitting a waiting.there are now 3 position available now
Dogs are the only squad I'd want to work with but f**k working under Gus and his ego

Iamback

Coach
Dogs are the only squad I'd want to work with but f**k working under Gus and his ego

He is better off waiting.

Take the Dragons they likely don't win the comp with Hook but are around the finals.

Could take that middle of the road roster in a couple of seasons and push them top 4.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
He is better off waiting.

Take the Dragons they likely don't win the comp with Hook but are around the finals.

Could take that middle of the road roster in a couple of seasons and push them top 4.
I'd pick Warriors...only the fact that you ain't expected to do a hell of alot in the first year coaching unlike Tigers and Dogs who are becoming desperate to make finals. Head to NZ release alot of the players and keep the young guns...build NZ up like the panthers full of kids and try sign someone like Munster.

Girds89

Bench
Billy burns killed us in nsw cup on the weekend.
3rd game of the season and 2nd back from injury..

Played 80min
160m
2 try assists
3 linebreaks
5 tackle breaks

Best on ground apparently.

We really should make a play for him.

The yak

Juniors
New Limited journos have been pushing for Ciraldo to join the Tigers for the past week. What a great fit he would be etc.
It's like Barrett hype to the Dogs all over again.
The messiah is coming to save the club!

All shit positions. Ciraldo would be better off waiting for a better club.
Those 3 club's are coach killlers.
Agree; good roles will come up over the medium term. Parra is likely to be looking for a coach next year. Who knows how long Des stays at Manly. Presumably there has been some discussion of succession planning at Penrith.

I think he can afford to be picky.

Iamback

Coach
I'd pick Warriors...only the fact that you ain't expected to do a hell of alot in the first year coaching unlike Tigers and Dogs who are becoming desperate to make finals. Head to NZ release alot of the players and keep the young guns...build NZ up like the panthers full of kids and try sign someone like Munster.

In theory yes but then you'd have to move to another country. Which is why they only get dud coaches

Iamback

Coach
Agree; good roles will come up over the medium term. Parra is likely to be looking for a coach next year. Who knows how long Des stays at Manly. Presumably there has been some discussion of succession planning at Penrith.

I think he can afford to be picky.

I'd put Dragons in that boat as a possible next year too. All better positions then the 3 listed

Munky

Coach
Dragons are an interesting one.

They have a core of Griffin's last grand final team.

Being the Broncos 08 Toyota cup side.

Not sure you want to take over a side with an aging Ben Hunt, McCullough and McGuire.