What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Apparently Josh Schuster is on the nose at Manly despite being contracted beyond this year.

I know he wants to be a full-time five-eighth, but he may be worth a look to fill the Kikau void. Especially if Manly are paying some freight.
He reminds me of a smaller David Fafita... If he learnt to run hard and hit a good line he could be very effective but he runs across field like Fifita trying to fend .

The Realist

Juniors
So the NRL puts values on players to ensure that they are not paid less than their value and you claim that there are players being paid 'unders'. And disagreeing with you isn't sulking, it's my opinion and I disagree with yours. Like I said, stop digging.

Those so called NRL player values are bullshit and are at best 70% player values just to stop absolute blatant corruption.

Teams like the Roosters and Storm routinely have players who re-sign for less then they are worth on the open market. Teddy, Manu are obvious ones.

Does anyone believe that both Jerome Hughes and Munster are on 1 million plus they are worth on the open market?

Those type of players routinely take 20% and in the case of Manu even larger cuts, to stay in a successful club with their mates.

Heck I believe we are doing it right now. Our team is so stacked with Rep quality players there is no way we’d be close to under the cap if the NRL were to magically reset the entire league and have every player hit an imaginary open market. We would easily be 1 million over IMO.

Iamback

Coach
Those so called NRL player values are bullshit and are at best 70% player values just to stop absolute blatant corruption.

Teams like the Roosters and Storm routinely have players who re-sign for less then they are worth on the open market. Teddy, Manu are obvious ones.

Does anyone believe that both Jerome Hughes and Munster are on 1 million plus they are worth on the open market?

Those type of players routinely take 20% and in the case of Manu even larger cuts, to stay in a successful club with their mates.

Heck I believe we are doing it right now. Our team is so stacked with Rep quality players there is no way we’d be close to under the cap if the NRL were to magically reset the entire league and have every player hit an imaginary open market. We would easily be 1 million over IMO.

It is more than just money for some players.

To'o as an example. Just bought his parents a house and was living at home with them in the meantime.

He doesn't drive so Luai takes him.

What other club could he be at training some days for a 6am start, from Mt Druitt via public transport?

So in his case the extra money isn't viable.

It isn't like those clubs you speak on are stacking talent

Original Name

Juniors

Well of course. That's the purpose of signing people to contracts that are multiple years. We'd try and re-sign as many as we can who think might play Origin right before they play Origin or someone like Taylan May re-signed earlier in the year until 2025. I'm sure it would be on less compared to what he'd be worth at the end of the year. Same for Tago.

That's just good talent recognition and identifying that is a skill arguably as important as things like coaching. If your club doesn't have those kinda skill they simply aren't going to be good long term. The risk you obviously take is re-signing someone who doesn't kick on like the money we signed Staines on probably isn't depth money and now we'd have to pay him out to move him on early. It's all risk/reward.

Whino

Bench
Bit left field but any chance we can nab Kevin Proctor on some super cheap contract...decent experienced backrower.
Been past it since he left the Storm. No thanks
Kind of player a club like the Tigers would sign. After they have missed out everyone half decent.

Last edited:

YoungPanther

Juniors
Along with his centre mate, and a sprinkling of other Qld.ers who pick up the payday and give bugger all.
At least Nathan give Panthers good value.
Yeah, including the 2 Saf's, Klem and Friz, who are are all (or recent) SOO players, you would think they should be going better than they are, so something must be amiss.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Danny wilder reporting
Gould seen with Maguire having lunch .interesting since Ciraldo was thought to have all but agreed to go theee maybe not.The parra job May come up soon wise move if waiting for that

Whino

Bench
Danny wilder reporting
Gould seen with Maguire having lunch .interesting since Ciraldo was thought to have all but agreed to go theee maybe not.The parra job May come up soon wise move if waiting for that

Gould is a master manipulator with the media. He could be trying to throw them off course. Or it just a meeting between friends.

Last edited:

Whino

Bench
Latest on Ciraldo from MP.

Ciraldo given deadline

The Panthers don’t want speculation and uncertainty about Cameron Ciraldo’s future to spill into their preparations for the 2023 season, and have given him a November 1 deadline to commit to the club or confirm his departure.

Should Ciraldo decide to stick with Penrith as an assistant next year, he will see the 2023 season through – there won’t be any mid-season switches.

The Bulldogs remain supremely confident they’ve landed Ciraldo, but an individual with close knowledge of the situation told me this week that the deal was “far from done”.

Original Name

Juniors
Lachlan Fitzgibbon on the outer at the knights? i think he would be a great edge forward in a good team (sorry knights fans)
Very good line runner with some deceptive strength back when he was playing well but it's not really Penrith thing. We're not really a line running team. Barely score tries off guys running good line.

Besides that he's a bad defender who doesn't have a great work rate in attack or defence.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Very good line runner with some deceptive strength back when he was playing well but it's not really Penrith thing. We're not really a line running team. Barely score tries off guys running good line.

Besides that he's a bad defender who doesn't have a great work rate in attack or defence.
He would get a few offers .we can’t afford him.we seem to only have a few bourbons and pies left under the cap

Kilkenny

Coach
Given our circumstances and lack of cap space it is apparent there will be no new recruits of any consequence but I would think there must be plenty of kids either in NSW Cup or Flegg with plenty of upside looking for an opportunity. When the time comes and we announce a few new signings we may not necessarily have heard of them but hopefully whomever they may be they may add value and depth to our roster.

Latest posts