What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

The Realist

Juniors
Gus is just pulling us apart brick by brick such a mercenary doesn't have any original plan for Bulldogs just using us as an almighty payback for Ivan getting rid of him .
Now more poaching to begin get ready for a decade lull after this season as we cant continue to be the feeder club for for all the nrl .
Yep. The dynasty we have all been dreaming of will be over before it really kicks off.

This roster is going to get pulled apart more dramatically than expected. Culture will take a hit.

We had better win this year otherwise this 3 year run would have seemed like a little bit of a waste.

Iamback

Coach
Yep. The dynasty we have all been dreaming of will be over before it really kicks off.

This roster is going to get pulled apart more dramatically than expected. Culture will take a hit.

We had better win this year otherwise this 3 year run would have seemed like a little bit of a waste.

Not that dramatic the lower grades are stacked. The Druitt boys won't leave, that leaves a good core.

Not to mention Dogs have no cap space

The Realist

Juniors
Not that dramatic the lower grades are stacked. The Druitt boys won't leave, that leaves a good core.

It’s some of the Druitt Boys I am concerned about. Chricton hasn’t kicked on. He is not worth 700K. If I was a ruthless cap manager I’d say 400K p.a for 3 years. Take it or leave it. Either way he’d either feel some resentment or he’d leave.

To’o I am concerned about as well. His physical style isn’t conducive to a long and effective career.

This might be a bit more down range but I also think Luai will hit his peak earlier rather than later. His biggest asset is his explosive agility and that starts to erode in the mid 20’s and is usually gone by 30. (Think Benji)

We have all also talked about Leniu not progressing anywhere near what we were expecting.

The fact that they are so tight knit is a doubled edged sword. It has worked for us over the last 3 years but the moment we have to cut one or more of them due to roster management considerations and that culture falls apart, remaining players harbour resentment etc etc. I really hope I’m wrong here.

The other thing is Ciraldo going. Ivan Cleary coached teams have never really struggled with attack. He isn’t the best attack head coach out there but he is above average. His teams in the past have struggled with Defence. Ciro helped us here and now he will be gone.

I hope to be proven badly wrong.

Iamback

Coach
It’s some of the Druitt Boys I am concerned about. Chricton hasn’t kicked on. He is not worth 700K. If I was a ruthless cap manager I’d say 400K p.a for 3 years. Take it or leave it. Either way he’d either feel some resentment or he’d leave.

To’o I am concerned about as well. His physical style isn’t conducive to a long and effective career.

This might be a bit more down range but I also think Luai will hit his peak earlier rather than later. His biggest asset is his explosive agility and that starts to erode in the mid 20’s and is usually gone by 30. (Think Benji)

We have all also talked about Leniu not progressing anywhere near what we were expecting.

The fact that they are so tight knit is a doubled edged sword. It has worked for us over the last 3 years but the moment we have to cut one or more of them due to roster management considerations and that culture falls apart, remaining players harbour resentment etc etc. I really hope I’m wrong here.

The other thing is Ciraldo going. Ivan Cleary coached teams have never really struggled with attack. He isn’t the best attack head coach out there but he is above average. His teams in the past have struggled with Defence. Ciro helped us here and now he will be gone.

I hope to be proven badly wrong.

You are talking about 22 year old players like they are 32 or something

Those sort of discussions are a few years away and if they regress enough, then it won't be a tough conversion.

If we are a middle of the road team, hell even like Parra then both parties will want a change. It is why rolling 2 year deals are the best.

Gives a chance to see what the kids have, we aren't locked into a player that isn't working

Murraymob1

Juniors
The announcement is no shock most have been saying it was a done deal weeks ago.
Wallace will take one spot .we need to bring someone from outside for the 2nd spot so we keep fresh ideas coming and not just the same thing over and over

Black Panther

Juniors

The Dogs always have cap space apparently. Still can’t fathom how they are allowed to sign multiple new blokes without having the space prior to signing them.

The yak

Juniors
Interesting to who Ciraldo's assistants will be. Maguire was rumoured last week but some at the club were pushing for Potter.

Latest posts