What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
My worry is he is already starting to slow down given the damage he puts his body through. Would you give him more than 2 years?
He’s never been quick. He is a metre eater And can finish off good backline movements. I would certainly give him a three year deal to keep him. As we have seen time and time again contracts don’t mean that much anyway, so if circumstances changed he like others could be shopped around and moved on.

Original Name

Juniors
My worry is he is already starting to slow down given the damage he puts his body through. Would you give him more than 2 years?
If he keeps doing it until he's 29 you'd worry but not at his age. Dyl is a probably a bigger worry than To'o if anything when it comes to that being older and more reliant on agility and accerelation.

Last edited:

Original Name

Juniors
Spencer turned down a prime Melbourne Storm last time why would he want to waste away at the Warriors?
Shirt minutes bench offer if he trained hard then at the Storm I assume. Their card is make you a better player blah, blah. The card the Warriors are playing is starting spot and starting spot cash you'd think.
He doesn’t necessarily need to start, not every game, just needs to be given 40 plus minutes across two stints.
RL players almost always want to challenge themselves. They in general want to prove themselves. The first 20 minutes is physically the toughest in most games. That's part of why props want to start instead of coming on when it's easier and less tough. You wouldn't be a prop in the first place if you wanted to take the easy road.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
He doesn’t necessarily need to start, not every game, just needs to be given 40 plus minutes across two stints.

There isn't the interchanges for that, Kenny should do less running forward minutes next year. So opens up chances to play longer, whether that is enough to keep him here is the question

betcats

Referee
Re Moses and Leniu. I'd be telling Leniu his minutes will increase next year and there is a good chance he could be starting in a year or two. Moses is awesome but I dont think there would be a problem with moving him back to the bench in 2024 onwards, he seems like a team player. Moses is 27 now his next contract he may choose to take the biggest offer he can get which may solve the problem for us. Either way i'd be telling Spencer there is a very good chance he will be starting in season or two. Hopefully that is enough, if it is not and Spencer wants that starting role sooner im not sure what we can do but we have him for next season anyway so any starting role offered by other clubs would be for 2024 which i think he would be a good chance of getting at Penrith anyway.

MugaB

Coach
Re Moses and Leniu. I'd be telling Leniu his minutes will increase next year and there is a good chance he could be starting in a year or two. Moses is awesome but I dont think there would be a problem with moving him back to the bench in 2024 onwards, he seems like a team player. Moses is 27 now his next contract he may choose to take the biggest offer he can get which may solve the problem for us. Either way i'd be telling Spencer there is a very good chance he will be starting in season or two. Hopefully that is enough, if it is not and Spencer wants that starting role sooner im not sure what we can do but we have him for next season anyway so any starting role offered by other clubs would be for 2024 which i think he would be a good chance of getting at Penrith anyway.
Spencers role off the bench is to punch thru the middle, he wont be as effective when starting, need guys like eisenhuth, fish or leota to do the hard carries and defence at the beginning of the games

betcats

Referee
Spencers role off the bench is to punch thru the middle, he wont be as effective when starting, need guys like eisenhuth, fish or leota to do the hard carries and defence at the beginning of the games

He doesnt lack the ability to do that tough stuff and he will keep developing. He is going to end up a starting prop for sure. Another year of working on his fitness and I am pretty confident he will be ready.

Iamback

Coach
He doesnt lack the ability to do that tough stuff and he will keep developing. He is going to end up a starting prop for sure. Another year of working on his fitness and I am pretty confident he will be ready.

That is. When he has started he gets gassed too quickly

Kenny as starting hooker will give minutes to Spencer, That will give a bigger sample size to judge

Fangs

Coach
Players like Leota are like what Taukeiaho or Liu were for the Roosters. Good clubmen. You could see him moving to the bench years from now and not sulking at all because he will just do his job well.

hindy111

Post Whore
To'o is the only irreplaceable player of the 4. No one in the history of the game has been like him

Agree. Plus in big matches he goes up a gear. Both winning grand finals he could of been voted best on ground.

I don't get the he is just a winger. The guy takes 20+ runs. How many forward have to do that many carries? Every run is important.
It just depends on cost. I reckon the club will set a price for each and if they go then fine. But Spencer and Too are probably the two I'd want to keep.
Leota wouldn't attract as big offers as Spencer so I doubt he ever leaves.

Latest posts