What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
At least whatever does happens (Just like kiks and apasai) we know its for the following season... to me Dylan, Critta, To'o, and Leniu are indispensable they make and average side super, martin is extremely special, but if he is to go elsewhere id miss him but be happy he is getting the cash and recognition of guys like kiks and burto... lets hope he lands in belmore before anywhere else if it has to come to it...
The 4 prop rotation is way too special for our squad, plus eisenhuth as back up to either of them or yeo... we start selling off that, then season is gone... critta is an excellent defender and dangerous intercepter, can cover fullback and kicking for 2, you dont trade that... to'o and dylan are monsters at kick returns...
Marto is a dime a dozen back rower, but his efforts are amazing, temora terrior indeed, but he is to me the last picked out of the 5 mentioned

This is my exact reasoning behind having Martin bottom of the pile.

Leinu just needs to wait, Leota is going to be 29 when his deal ends. Very likely the 2 roles are reversed then. Gives him the best of both worlds

Iamback

Coach
Honestly trust is a good word to use. For the most part it seems there's been good consideration for team balance and salary cap limitations the last few seasons.

The fact the club isn't rushing to sign Martin at $550k is a good thing. They would know what is being offered to them at the various price points.

See what is there then can make a move.

Girds89

Bench
Priority should be

Martin
Leniu
Too
Critta.

In that order.

And i love all of them.
Cant afford to lose martin..its the one spot that we dont have s lot coming through bitting at the heals desperate for a chance.. geyers been playing prop... lisati a bit of lock and all over. Riki i thought wouldve got a chance this year so not sure what the club sees in him..chris smiths not a nrl starter every week. Good back up only.... so we must keep martin..

Leniu weve seen a snippet of how good he is going to be.. hes just so explosive. A real weapon off the bench..

Too, one of my fav panthers ever.. but reality is hes a winger.. i know our wingers do a lot of work for us but turuva is a similar style player im a way.. short and stocky build that gets highly involved, makes lots of meters, can score a try... and is much much quicker than brian.. yes id love to keep bizza but we have plenty of good wingers coming through other than turuva too.. iongi isnt a winger, hes a fb so he provides good cover for edwards and is a definite fg star in waiting as well..

Critta, hes one of the best defenders at centre in the comp.. and would be in the top 10% of centres.. but im just not sure we could afford to pay him more than 650k.. dolphins can probs afford to throw 850 or 900 at him.

I think we have the depth coming through in the backs with players that are right there knocking the door down and than blokes who arent far off.

If critta and too go, than in 24 we may run
Edwards/iongi
Turuva
May/jenkins
Tago/ jack cole
Jenkins/daeon Amituanai
Luai/puru
Cleary
Fish
Kenny
Leota
Geyer
Martin
Yeo

Luke
Leniu
Lisati
Liam henry/brad fearnley/puru (that plays lock)

Black Panther

Juniors
Priority should be

Martin
Leniu
Too
Critta.

In that order.

And i love all of them.
Cant afford to lose martin..its the one spot that we dont have s lot coming through bitting at the heals desperate for a chance.. geyers been playing prop... lisati a bit of lock and all over. Riki i thought wouldve got a chance this year so not sure what the club sees in him..chris smiths not a nrl starter every week. Good back up only.... so we must keep martin..

Leniu weve seen a snippet of how good he is going to be.. hes just so explosive. A real weapon off the bench..

Too, one of my fav panthers ever.. but reality is hes a winger.. i know our wingers do a lot of work for us but turuva is a similar style player im a way.. short and stocky build that gets highly involved, makes lots of meters, can score a try... and is much much quicker than brian.. yes id love to keep bizza but we have plenty of good wingers coming through other than turuva too.. iongi isnt a winger, hes a fb so he provides good cover for edwards and is a definite fg star in waiting as well..

Critta, hes one of the best defenders at centre in the comp.. and would be in the top 10% of centres.. but im just not sure we could afford to pay him more than 650k.. dolphins can probs afford to throw 850 or 900 at him.

I think we have the depth coming through in the backs with players that are right there knocking the door down and than blokes who arent far off.

Edwards/iongi
Turuva
May/jenkins
Tago/ jack cole
Jenkins/daeon Amituanai
Luai/puru
Cleary
Fish
Kenny
Leota
Geyer
Martin
Yeo

Luke
Leniu
Lisati
Sorry mate, nothing like that.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Priority should be

Martin
Leniu
Too
Critta.

In that order.

And i love all of them.

Edwards/iongi
Turuva
May/jenkins
Tago/ jack cole
Jenkins/daeon Amituanai
Luai/puru
Cleary
Fish
Kenny
Leota
Geyer
Martin
Yeo

Luke
Leniu
Lisati
One thing about Critta, he brings out the clutch plays in big games at just the right moment. They say big games are about moments and he's had some amazing moments in finals and Grand Finals in last 2 years.

BxTom

Bench
It will come down to does he want to win games, play with his mates or play fullback in an average team.

I trust the club to not go crazy, They have shown it with Api and Kiks. So it isn't a we can't afford him thing but like Spencer we won't have much say in it
He's already backflipped on a handshake deal for more money. Hope the club play hard ball. Put the deal on the table - take it or leave it by a certain date. Let him and his manager play games at another club.

Girds89

Bench
Sorry mate, nothing like that.
Dont need to like it but fact of the matter is we are going to lose blokes.. its unavoidable..

My reasoning for making spencer martin a priority over too and critta is we are pretty stacked in the backs for blokes who are going to be fg players...

In the forwards i wouldnt say there is anyone of the juniors with certainty that are definitley going to make it. We dont have any 2nd rowers knocking the door down.

Guys like sorensen and eiso maybe get extensions for 12 months till geyer, lisati, fearnley, henry come through. That is how our development and recruitment works now.

Girds89

Bench
One thing about Critta, he brings out the clutch plays in big games at just the right moment. They say big games are about moments and he's had some amazing moments in finals and Grand Finals in last 2 years.
Its not i dont think hes an awesome player. Would love to keep him.

But i think its easier for us to cover a spot in the backs over the next few years than it will be in the backrow in particular.

So if we have to keep someone its marto. Marto probs costs a bit less and is in a position we are very short. Whereas crittas is going to be 200k more in a position where we have blokes who are looking the goods coming through.

Tough decisions for the club.

Kilkenny

Coach
The only player there may be some doubt around there staying is Stephen Crichton if his management believes he can get the truly big bucks around a fullback position elsewhere. I think we should be in the box seat to retain the other three. No reason for them to leave really, we should be in a position to make them competitive offers Sufficient enough for them to stay.

Kikau and Koroisau leaving was hugely disappointing, particularly given we were led to believe the club was confident in retaining them. I guess it wasnt so much the money but the length of the deals that persuaded them to go elsewhere and we just have to suck it up I guess.

Big call. I don’t know about him being the GOAT so to speak, terrific player was critical to our success again this season but not sure about greatest ever call.
My worry is he is already starting to slow down given the damage he puts his body through. Would you give him more than 2 years?

Latest posts