What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

globalpanther

Juniors
Tyrone Peachey will return to the Panthers while the Tigers have finally landed Charlie Staines after a multi-year pursuit.
A Peachey/Staines swap between the two clubs has finally been finalised and is expected to be announced as soon as this week.

The Panthers have also been given an indication that premiership winning prop Spencer Leinu will see out the final year of his deal despite the Tigers also circling.
Peachey and Staines will link with their respective clubs for just one season with Staines set to battle Daine Laurie for the starting fullback spot.

The Tigers have long been interested in the 21-year-old flyer. Staines dropped down the pecking order at the Panthers and only returned to play in the grand final after an injury to Taylan May.

The Panthers first gave Staines permission to test the market in 2020 but he has been unable to find a suitable club given his near $500,000 price tag. Conversations between the two clubs started last month but slowed down to enable Penrith to focus on back to back titles.

Peachey returns to the Panthers have a four year absence. So desperate was he to play for Penrith – Peachey asked the NRL to approve a pay-cut.

Under NRL rules players are not able to switch clubs for less money on the salary cap for the length of their deal.

Both players had just 12 months remaining on their contract.

The Tigers view Laurie as a potential halves option too.
Meanwhile, the Panthers have told Christian Chrichton his contracted will not be extended. Crichton – whose brother Stephen is re-negotiating his own deal - played one game this year.

Tyrone Peachey will return to the Panthers while the Tigers have finally landed Charlie Staines after a multi-year pursuit.
A Peachey/Staines swap between the two clubs has finally been finalised and is expected to be announced as soon as this week.

The Panthers have also been given an indication that premiership winning prop Spencer Leinu will see out the final year of his deal despite the Tigers also circling.
Peachey and Staines will link with their respective clubs for just one season with Staines set to battle Daine Laurie for the starting fullback spot.

The Tigers have long been interested in the 21-year-old flyer. Staines dropped down the pecking order at the Panthers and only returned to play in the grand final after an injury to Taylan May.

The Panthers first gave Staines permission to test the market in 2020 but he has been unable to find a suitable club given his near $500,000 price tag. Conversations between the two clubs started last month but slowed down to enable Penrith to focus on back to back titles.

Peachey returns to the Panthers have a four year absence. So desperate was he to play for Penrith – Peachey asked the NRL to approve a pay-cut.

Under NRL rules players are not able to switch clubs for less money on the salary cap for the length of their deal.

Both players had just 12 months remaining on their contract.

The Tigers view Laurie as a potential halves option too.
Meanwhile, the Panthers have told Christian Chrichton his contracted will not be extended. Crichton – whose brother Stephen is re-negotiating his own deal - played one game this year.
Thank you Global Panther. What website is this from?

Iamback

Coach
What if he's chasing a start though? That's something we can't give him. And opposition teams that are willing to give him offers will also have a rise in their cap too.

What top 8 side is going to sign a 23 year old prop and promise a start?

Go to a rubbish team or wait a couple of seasons and swap roles with Moses

John Hamblin

Juniors
I for one am happy to see Peachy back at Penrith. He offers a lot more in attack than Salmon. I can understand to a point why some on this forum don't want him back BUT he has a lot of upside at what we are lead to believe is a very cheap contract. He did not look happy at the Tiggers but he was not alone there. Remember when he was at the Titans his heart was still at Penrith. He may not play a lot of FG but I think IC can get the best out of him.

Whino

Bench
I for one am happy to see Peachy back at Penrith. He offers a lot more in attack than Salmon. I can understand to a point why some on this forum don't want him back BUT he has a lot of upside at what we are lead to believe is a very cheap contract. He did not look happy at the Tiggers but he was not alone there. Remember when he was at the Titans his heart was still at Penrith. He may not play a lot of FG but I think IC can get the best out of him.

The positives are he is desperate to come back and took a pay cut.
Up to him to now to perform.

Iamback

Coach
Never will early. Dreaming.

Bigger fish have indicated they want to talk to Spencer next month.
It is too early to tell what direction he will go in 2024 but it won't be to the Tigers.

I know it was for Samoa but still another game with very few runs, Until there is none of those games bench is the spot while he grows.

It is too be expected, World Cup makes doing a deal early hard for the club

Latest posts