What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Black Panther

Juniors
Well he came up with a clutch play in the dying minutes of an Origin decider from memory playing in the 9, so that was a win... But, yeah look, I'm not throwing shade on Kenny at all. He's solid and doesn't let you down. But the great coach's don't rest on their laurels. Maybe losing Luai would give Cleary food for thought and have him seeking a point of difference for next season in pursuit of 5 in a row. A threat out of dummy half has what they've been missing since Api left....
Maybe you are right about losing players and evolving. But I don’t see Ben Hunt being a player we need.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well he came up with a clutch play in the dying minutes of an Origin decider from memory playing in the 9, so that was a win... But, yeah look, I'm not throwing shade on Kenny at all. He's solid and doesn't let you down. But the great coach's don't rest on their laurels. Maybe losing Luai would give Cleary food for thought and have him seeking a point of difference for next season in pursuit of 5 in a row. A threat out of dummy half has what they've been missing since Api left....

Kenny has developed well considering he was bog average. But he isn't in Hunts class.
Only issue with Ben is he turns 35 soon

Chipmunk

Coach
*Joash

not to be a pedantic merkin. And interesting if true. He's mostly a fullback if I'm not mistaken.
Played in last years u19 SOO with Sanders etc.

here's an article from 12 months ago

“Joash Papalii is a talented kid. He’s featured more at fullback but I see him as having the ability to not play at fullback but at five-eighth or hooker if needed,” Hartigan said.

“He could be a very good utility for us. He’s very skilful, quick off the mark. He was still eligible for SG Ball this year, but when he trained with the NRL side Ciraldo made the decision that he stayed with the NRL, that’s a huge vote of confidence. That’s why he started in reserve grade last year.

Is this prononced Joe Ash or is it just Josh with an A.

Tiger5150

Bench
The NRL have stated plenty of times that they don't want to restrict the amount of money coming into the game or how much the players earn, which conflicts with the purpose of the salary cap.
No it doesnt. The purpose of the salary cap is not to level talent (that was the purpose of the draft). The purpose of the salary cap was to stop clubs going broke. it was brought in after Canberra went broke winning premierships.

But I do think the NRL wants an excuse to turn a blind eye to it. Blatant comments in the media, or club whistleblowers force their hand.
They have a ready made excuse. its called the law.

When the salary cap originally came in, TPA's were outlawed, but Craig Wing took the ARL to court because he had already a Contract with Foxtel for a fashion show that he organised himself. It a blatant restraint of trade to not let people earn money as a second job or profiting from their own IP.

Tiger5150

Bench
Both Craig Wing and Mark Gasnier left their clubs to go to Union because apparently a third party didn't pay up. That's supposed to have nothing to do with the clubs.
Doesnt the fact that they didnt get paid and had to leave the game pretty much reinforce it had nothing to do with the club?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No it doesnt. The purpose of the salary cap is not to level talent (that was the purpose of the draft). The purpose of the salary cap was to stop clubs going broke. it was brought in after Canberra went broke winning premierships.

They have a ready made excuse. its called the law.

When the salary cap originally came in, TPA's were outlawed, but Craig Wing took the ARL to court because he had already a Contract with Foxtel for a fashion show that he organised himself. It a blatant restraint of trade to not let people earn money as a second job or profiting from their own IP.
They don't stop any player from signing any contracts. What they do is make it count under the salary cap that clubs agreed to, under threat of playing for no competition points. The NRL doesn't dictate whether players sign or for how much. They don't even stop merkins playing. But if a club is over the cap they play for no points. Everyone still gets paid. No club is entitled to receive competition points when they play or compete in the finals. That's up to the NRL.

Jacko955

Juniors
Heard on SEN radio we mite have signed
Josh Papalii from the dogs.
As a dogs fan it pissed me off seeing this was one junior I rated highly and just didn't get the chance you guys have a good one and has good utility value covers fullback half's and hooker . I was hoping to see him in 1st grade this year and couldn't understand why he wasn't given a go could be a handy 14 till they figure out what he best position is . Parra also linked with Jordan Samrani from us as well (not 100% confirmed at this stage though)who can cover centre wing and backrow another one I don't understand letting him go if they you guys pick up both are good gets and won't cost a arm and a leg

Latest posts