What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Original Name

Juniors
I think it was Girds who made a comparison to Jason Taumalolo I’m not sure he is going to reach that level but with proper coaching and development who knows.
Has the frightening explosive strength and speed and the agility to some degree but he doesn't have Lolo's footwork which made him so hard to tackle. With that said Lolo's a ridiculous bar and Leniu's explosive speed and strength is still great enough to be one of the best props in the world on potential. Unlike Lolo he isn't being used as a battering ram for 60 minutes in his teens so hopefully we can still see him have some great speed and agility when he's 26/27 like Fish.

Kilkenny

Coach
The last game Tonga played he was injured, maybe it has put him out for a while, but it made me wonder as well.
I was there in Round 9, he is a seriously huge unit, you are talking Nelson huge given he has some filling out to do. In the few games I watched him I was taken by his mobility and athleticism despite his size. I hope he is still with us and our coaching staff can work with him because he is a beast in terms of size.

TheRiff

Juniors
I think it was Girds who made a comparison to Jason Taumalolo I’m not sure he is going to reach that level but with proper coaching and development who knows.

Hard to judge. We look like a Top 4 roster again next year and in that situation coaches don't go to youth. As such Leinu and Taumalolo at the stage are miles apart. Can he get there? Yes but it takes he playing longer than he is right now

maple_69

Bench
He was great last year, if raw. This year he hasn’t kicked on and hasn’t had footy to work back into form. I’m confident whatever toiler we bring in to beef up our middle depth will not block his path to start the season and will only continue to be selected if he continues to stagnate.

MTNPanther

Juniors
He was great last year, if raw. This year he hasn’t kicked on and hasn’t had footy to work back into form. I’m confident whatever toiler we bring in to beef up our middle depth will not block his path to start the season and will only continue to be selected if he continues to stagnate.
I think NSW cup being cancelled 2 years in a row has hurt him in his development the most, the limited minutes in first grade aren’t ideal but at his age it’s probably better than most 20yo front rowers. All the noise about his contract might have gotten a little loud for him too and you can see his performances aren’t as settled this year.

Original Name

Juniors
He was good off the bench pre Origin then the team around him went flat and couldn't really find that form again.

John Hamblin

Juniors
Maverik Geyer, John Sagaga and a few other forwards in our juniors are coming thru. I don’t know what happened to the kid we recruited from Manly, Tyreece Tonga, he figured in our early Jersey Flegg games this season up until Round 8 or so and then wasn’t sighted again. Seriously big boy, mobile, athletic and looked really good. Obviously, these kids are a few years away from progressing to the NRL if they are good enough so I would expect our recruitment team would be looking at brining in at least one establised middle in the off season. There was a bit of mail mid season we may have been looking at the Titans Herman Ese Ese who has barely figured for the Titans this season but that went no where. I’m sure we’ll have someone in mind.
John Asiata ???

I was there in Round 9, he is a seriously huge unit, you are talking Nelson huge given he has some filling out to do. In the few games I watched him I was taken by his mobility and athleticism despite his size. I hope he is still with us and our coaching staff can work with him because he is a beast in terms of size.
I think Tyreece Tonga comes from Western Sydney area. Could be a former Penrith Junior.
Looks like we may have some good front rowers coming through.

Munky

Coach
Unless you get to the top of cricket, There isn't much money in it. Alot of slog for not much gain, Until he starts making NSW side than no need to choose just yet

Pretty much, unless he has good slogging skills.

The IPL awaits if so.

TheRiff

Juniors
Pretty much, unless he has good slogging skills.

The IPL awaits if so.

Even so, You would need to play in BBL and minor comps to get a deal over there.

In the meantime there is no reason both can't be done for a while anyway. Can assess his want to play NRL and then get him ready to be Api's replacement moving forward

gurmiyrg__

Juniors
Is this player any good?

bloke’s a freak I seen him at trials for cricket, and his batting is on another level, the quickness of his hands and the way he strikes the ball is something else. Played a few games with him and a really nice guy - told me if NSW doesn’t offer him anything in the near future he’s gonna drop it and go all out in league. I remember the coach at the panthers team call him during a day that was rained out and ask him if he’s fine with being in the bench so others can get some minutes. 😹

betcats

Referee
Ryley was a nsw rep touch player with hookers build, says a lot about his talent tbh. If he sticks with us he is the type of kid that will help us get over losing burto, he looks that good.