What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

murraymob

Coach
No where does it say that the deal is for 3 years. It is for 2 years only.
Maybe put your glasses on I have seen several articles that state he has signed for 2 with a option for 1 .now do you really believe a article that has him signed for a million a season .no club would offer him that.that is halfback money or top elite money

The Realist

Juniors
I don't have a big problem with losing Api and to a lesser extent Kikau.

What I have a problem with is the club publicly declaring it is confident of resigning all 3 and then failed on the best 2.

I also have a problem with our management being late on the market when the other clubs jave already snapped up alternatives.

Spin it anyway you want - we have absolutely bungled this round of recruitment/retension.

Lucky for us we still have a good squad. Let's hope the juniors fill in the holes left.

I'd prefer for us to not rely on luck though.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Maybe put your glasses on I have seen several articles that state he has signed for 2 with a option for 1 .now do you really believe a article that has him signed for a million a season .no club would offer him that.that is halfback money or top elite money

The articles I have read said nearly a million a season. I would guess that to be in the region of 700-800,000.

I've just gone back and checked and I said 'near to a million'. No where did I say 1 million.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I don't have a big problem with losing Api and to a lesser extent Kikau.

What I have a problem with is the club publicly declaring it is confident of resigning all 3 and then failed on the best 2.

I also have a problem with our management being late on the market when the other clubs jave already snapped up alternatives.

Spin it anyway you want - we have absolutely bungled this round of recruitment/retension.

Lucky for us we still have a good squad. Let's hope the juniors fill in the holes left.

I'd prefer for us to not rely on luck though.

I also would prefer if the club kept their collective mouths shut when re-signing is happening.

Yep Kiks and Api are leaving for 23 due to salary cap. But please keep mouth firmly closed when asked about their chances of re-signing are being spoken about. It makes the club look unprofessional.

It just looks sad.

Crashtest

Juniors
I also would prefer if the club kept their collective mouths shut when re-signing is happening.

Yep Kiks and Api are leaving for 23 due to salary cap. But please keep mouth firmly closed when asked about their chances of re-signing are being spoken about. It makes the club look unprofessional.

It just looks sad.
Agree. But it was the CEO that said it though, not Cleary or Cameron. And at his level he should no better and know to keep his mouth until contracts are signed.

Crashtest

Juniors

I don’t see it as management failing at recruitment/retention, but rather having a plan about it and being consistent.

They obviously wanted to retain Kikau and Api but only at a certain price point and for prudent contract lengths. The players wanted to test the market and fair enough, and the Panthers have said good luck to you but we can’t afford to match it.

Not matching $800,000 for Kikau, and $750,00 for Api, nor getting into a bidding war with desperate clubs to overpay for players like Mahoney, is just good management making prudent decisions to protect their salary not just for 2023, but for the years after as well.

Girds89

Bench
If te mare martin could get back to 100% fitness hed be a great 14. Id take him back anyday if he was fit.

He would be able to cover 1, 3,4, 6, 7, 13, 9.

Havent heard how he was going with his train and trial deal with the broncs but hed be a very handy pick up.

I also think if the cows go with dearden and townsend in the halfs and drinkwater is on the outer hed be a very handy 14.

Said at the start of last season i wouldve loved him and nothings changed. Connor watson is the best utility in the game atm. Shame he signed with the chooks already.

But i think tmm would be awesome as a 14 for us. If not him kodi nikorima or chanel tavita harris would be grest 14s.

Kodi on a one year deal would be a very handy 9 before riley smith was ready.

Edwards
Too
Tago
Critta
Tiny
Luai
Cleary
Leota
Kodi nikorima
Fish
Martin
Angus critchon
Yeo

Tmm
Sorensen
Leniu
Hopgood/lindsay smith

Tmm would be bare minimums if fit so 110 for a season.
Kodi i reckon be 300k mark for a year with option of 2nd for club.
Might be able to jag angus on a 3 year deal 700 a year.

Theyd be 3 targets id go after.

Smug Panther

First Grade
If te mare martin could get back to 100% fitness hed be a great 14. Id take him back anyday if he was fit.

He would be able to cover 1, 3,4, 6, 7, 13, 9.

Havent heard how he was going with his train and trial deal with the broncs but hed be a very handy pick up.

I also think if the cows go with dearden and townsend in the halfs and drinkwater is on the outer hed be a very handy 14.

Said at the start of last season i wouldve loved him and nothings changed. Connor watson is the best utility in the game atm. Shame he signed with the chooks already.

But i think tmm would be awesome as a 14 for us. If not him kodi nikorima or chanel tavita harris would be grest 14s.

Kodi on a one year deal would be a very handy 9 before riley smith was ready.

Edwards
Too
Tago
Critta
Tiny
Luai
Cleary
Leota
Kodi nikorima
Fish
Martin
Angus critchon
Yeo

Tmm
Sorensen
Leniu
Hopgood/lindsay smith

Tmm would be bare minimums if fit so 110 for a season.
Kodi i reckon be 300k mark for a year with option of 2nd for club.
Might be able to jag angus on a 3 year deal 700 a year.

Theyd be 3 targets id go after.
Not sure we want a bloke back who did what he did to a teammate

GowersDallyM

Juniors
The Tariq Simms rumours have died down... did Cleary have Mattinson at the tigers when he was there? He wouldn't be a bad backrow option if he wants a pay cut and to play in a winning team.

We desperately need a 9, 11 and 14. I would have let Edwards go and slot critter at fullback kept Kikau and sold Api if we made a play for Mahoney but since we're letting all these guns go and not even locking up one gun signing its kinda depressing.

Girds89

Bench
The club needs to go hard for angus. Hes a much more consistent player than kiks. Not as dynamic but good for 150m every week and is a real leader.

Will be coming into his best years too.