What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

maple_69

Bench
Very good line runner with some deceptive strength back when he was playing well but it's not really Penrith thing. We're not really a line running team. Barely score tries off guys running good line.

Besides that he's a bad defender who doesn't have a great work rate in attack or defence.
With Api and Kikau moving on we are going to need to evolve the way we attack. No one is replacing Kikau so we need to keep an open mind about how we use that jersey.

Original Name

Juniors
With Api and Kikau moving on we are going to need to evolve the way we attack. No one is replacing Kikau so we need to keep an open mind about how we use that jersey.
Even before Kikau really started ball playing a bunch this year he wasn't really running tight lines, more of an early ball player. We've never really done it much for any of our second rowers since Maloney was here. Capewell has ball running talent but most of his tries where he goes over in a run were Cleary double pumping or Yeo engaging B defender to create an overlap.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Here is alittle spanner in the works... Good old Melb Storm get a gun winger in Nofo from the tigers...Luai is out for 6 weeks (yes we have SOS) but I'm just thinking why don't the panthers try snag a good 5/8 off a struggling club? Wonder if Brimson would be keen to fly down for afew weeks and remember what winning is like.

Original Name

Juniors
Here is alittle spanner in the works... Good old Melb Storm get a gun winger in Nofo from the tigers...Luai is out for 6 weeks (yes we have SOS) but I'm just thinking why don't the panthers try snag a good 5/8 off a struggling club? Wonder if Brimson would be keen to fly down for afew weeks and remember what winning is like.
Nofo is seemingly on the outer at Tigers and probably going to move. TPJ was moving next year. There's no point letting go a starting player who will stay at your club next year. The more your first choice 17 plays and trains together the better they'll play so you play those guys you'll have next year like Titans for Brimson.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Nofo is the worst defender in the NRL

What about Blake Taaffe, seems to be on the outer at Souths?

Munky

Coach
In the 2020 preliminary final the left side without Kikau absolutely carved up Souths.

We should have been about twenty four points up within the first half hour yet multiple certain tries were butchered.

I'm not prepared to go all doom and gloom with him leaving.

Melbourne have succeeded the past few years with K Bromwich and Kaufusi out wide who are solid ball runners at best. The halves will have to earn their money next year and make the go forward through the middle count.

Critter will need to justify the big money he wants his next contract and start exploding at right centre too.

maple_69

Bench
If Rennings has a shocker tonight, I'd be looking at Salmon as a back up centre going forward. He's not going to be dynamic but I think he could be solid in defence, similar to Momo last year.

Getting Garner to come over before the deadline would be ideal. Could back up both edge forward and centre at a solid level.

Iamback

Coach
If Rennings has a shocker tonight, I'd be looking at Salmon as a back up centre going forward. He's not going to be dynamic but I think he could be solid in defence, similar to Momo last year.

Getting Garner to come over before the deadline would be ideal. Could back up both edge forward and centre at a solid level.

Putting Garner in Salmon's role is a huge step forward for the side, Doubt it happens. We will do what the plan was last year and forward pay some guys the balance of the cap

Fangs

Coach
His numbers don't look too bad on paper but I reckon Martin Taupau be close to Manly's worst forward this year. Lucky to be on the bench at the moment.

If he can play about 20 solid minutes from the bench to relieve RCG and Paulo then he might prove useful.

Munky

Coach
His numbers don't look too bad on paper but I reckon Martin Taupau be close to Manly's worst forward this year. Lucky to be on the bench at the moment.

If he can play about 20 solid minutes from the bench to relieve RCG and Paulo then he might prove useful.

There's no stat for brain dead plays.

Marty would be near the top.

Fangs

Coach
There's no stat for brain dead plays.

Marty would be near the top.

His tackle efficiency isn't so terrible but he has been a weakness in the middle. Des had no choice but to bench him.

Parra will use him the same way. If they can unlock his offload then it will suit their style. No team throws more offloads than the Eels.

It is him or a rookie centre though. If we can bring in an experienced centre we are set
Rob Jennings is experienced….

The reality of our cap situation with so many stars on long term contracts is depth is either juniors or true minimum wage vets. Who is a true minimum wage vet (ie experienced, but is not expecting to see first grade without injury) that is better than Jennings?