What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Girds89

Bench
For those wanting us to sign tyrell May .we have better coming through
Tyrell is a very very good player..

May not have shown it today but none of the crooks 17 did..

I think he averaged close to 200m a game in nsw cup last year.. only got limited mins in his opportunities in fg but he can play.

Doesn't really matter as he is signed for 23 24.

Lindsay Smith is a good solid player but he isn't a bench forward.. he's a high minute solid player. Not an impact guy. I just don't see how he fits into the team.

Blacker still has a lot to show and do to prove he can be a fg player.. and I just don't think he's the kinda guy you want on a the bench. The games moved away a bit from the real big bopper slow forwards that aren't as mobile..

Henry isn't an impact guy either....

Lisati is probs still to small to be dangerous up front in the nrl.. under 100kgs. Needs to add 5 or 6kgs to his frame and get to 105ish.

Yeah we have players coming through but not sure they are what we need given the loss of Spencer and the role he plays

betcats

Referee
The other roosters bench prop today whyte looks like he has some promise, big athletic body he had some nice runs.

Bred not Bought

Juniors
How do you know he wasn't?

Because the club never offered him a contract.
I would have gotten close to the Tigers offer or matched it.Why? Because Api is class. And I would have moved on others (Leota) to fund it.

Halfback is the most important position in the team followed by Hooker. If you go cheap in either position you will suffer.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Because the club never offered him a contract.
I would have gotten close to the Tigers offer or matched it.Why? Because Api is class. And I would have moved on others (Leota) to fund it.

Halfback is the most important position in the team followed by Hooker. If you go cheap in either position you will suffer.
Where did you get that info from? How do you know he wasn't offered a contract?

Whino

Bench
Where did you get that info from? How do you know he wasn't offered a contract?

Because Kikau was the same deal. The club won't enter bidding wars for players.
I am sure @Blade23 will confirm.
I would bent that rule for Api.

I vaguely recall Fletcher coming out afterwatds saying we didn't offer a formal contract for those two. Something along the lines of we couldn't get close to the figures.

I am sure informally both knew what our limit was.

Girds89

Bench
I vaguely recall Fletcher coming out afterwatds saying we didn't offer a formal contract for those two. Something along the lines of we couldn't get close to the figures.

I am sure informally both knew what our limit was.

Hindsight is shit but we really should have prioritised resigning/throwing an extra 100k each at them and letting critta go.

We have the backs to cover critta

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Luai is on borrowed time unless he really steps up. There is no way we resign him once his current contract runs dry.
What??? We haven’t missed a GF since he came into the team. He’s the current NSW 5/8 and was named the player of tournament for his country at the World Cup.

he has a couple of quiet games at the start of a season, when no one has played particularly well (except Dylan) and he’s on Borrowed time????

I guess Nathan is on borrowed time as well then…

What a joke

hindy111

Post Whore
The problem regular fans have with recruiting plans is they don't have as good an idea of the clubs plans with juniors.
Do people think they know GARNERS game better then Penriths coaching and recruiting team? Or what player they see in the side at a certain position?
Its possible the clubs gone ok look in one or two years this kid take the spot. So we need a guy who can do a job till then but IF this kid is ready prior then it isn't a huge deal to put someone like Garner in reserves or offload him elsewhere.
You sign a guy who has to much quality and they cost to much to justify reserves and you end up losing the younger kid.

So as easy as it is to judge the player now it is best to see how it unfold over 12-24mths in that position.

BxTom

Bench
What??? We haven’t missed a GF since he came into the team. He’s the current NSW 5/8 and was named the player of tournament for his country at the World Cup.

he has a couple of quiet games at the start of a season, when no one has played particularly well (except Dylan) and he’s on Borrowed time????

I guess Nathan is on borrowed time as well then…

What a joke
Well we lost a single game by one point so obviously the whole team, coaching staff and front office require a total rebuild!!!

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Well we lost a single game by one point so obviously the whole team, coaching staff and front office require a total rebuild!!!
We lose on Thursday, Alarm bells will start ringing. I think mid year we will make a surge along with Luke getting more game time.

Latest posts