What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

If Cogger moves one, Jayden Sullivan from the Dragons would be a good buy to slot into that role. Might even get him for a two year contract!!

Something about the Api/Tigers contract extension seems off to me. He went to the Tiggers with a ‘2 year deal with a mutual option for the third’. If it was a true mutual option, going to the Tigers for one extra year than we were offering seemed weird. Now he has signed for another two years (having only played once in a few months due to injury) is weird. My guess is the four year deal was agreed, but the Tigers didn’t want the optics of signing another later career player on four years at huge money…

Bred not Bought

Juniors
Something about the Api/Tigers contract extension seems off to me. He went to the Tiggers with a ‘2 year deal with a mutual option for the third’. If it was a true mutual option, going to the Tigers for one extra year than we were offering seemed weird. Now he has signed for another two years (having only played once in a few months due to injury) is weird. My guess is the four year deal was agreed, but the Tigers didn’t want the optics of signing another later career player on four years at huge money…

I read last week (tele) he was unhappy at the Tigers and his manager kept getting calls about him.
I reckon the Tigers quickly gave him a upgraded deal to keep him happy.
You would have to pay extras to stay there

Blade23

Juniors
Let's face it, Laurie always had the Panthers at heart, and his celebration, while contracted to the West Tigers, after the 2021 victory, proved that.

I also hope Cogger re-signs. @Blade23 any news about that?

I will be stunned if Cogger stays. The Knights are desperate for him. Too good of a deal to turn down in his position imo.

maple_69

Bench
Until Nath starts getting on I like the idea of bringing in a fairly experienced true halfback looking to revive their career on a 1-2 year deal. None of these boom kids are going to step in and play his role well. Flanagan would be an outstanding option.