What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Vic Mackey

Referee
Something about the Api/Tigers contract extension seems off to me. He went to the Tiggers with a ‘2 year deal with a mutual option for the third’. If it was a true mutual option, going to the Tigers for one extra year than we were offering seemed weird. Now he has signed for another two years (having only played once in a few months due to injury) is weird. My guess is the four year deal was agreed, but the Tigers didn’t want the optics of signing another later career player on four years at huge money…

Im surprised to see a bit of Api backlash on here. I don’t doubt he’s being extremely well compensated for his time at the tigers, however the guy has won 3 comps which only like 3 other current players have done. Once you get to this stage of your career different things become important to you. From what I’ve been told he loves being captain and all the responsibilities that come with it. He’s committed to helping the club move in the right direction and there is already discussions about him working at the club post playing career. It seems a similar scenario to when Petro came to the panthers.

You need to remember both times he went to the panthers they weren’t exactly high flying either, so he isn’t someone who is scared of a challenge.

Penrith are rightfully favourites to win the comp, however if Api was still there you’d be about $1.20 to take it out.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Im surprised to see a bit of Api backlash on here. I don’t doubt he’s being extremely well compensated for his time at the tigers, however the guy has won 3 comps which only like 3 other current players have done. Once you get to this stage of your career different things become important to you. From what I’ve been told he loves being captain and all the responsibilities that come with it. He’s committed to helping the club move in the right direction and there is already discussions about him working at the club post playing career. It seems a similar scenario to when Petro came to the panthers.

You need to remember both times he went to the panthers they weren’t exactly high flying either, so he isn’t someone who is scared of a challenge.

Penrith are rightfully favourites to win the comp, however if Api was still there you’d be about $1.20 to take it out.
Our best ever hooker and an absolute gun. Every fanbase unfortunately has those types who when a player leaves they instantly stop rating them and they were never that good ect......

Girds89

Bench
I dont mind the laurie resigning...

For me he couldve easily taken more money and gotten a gig in the super league...

The fact he is willing to cone back to panthers and play nsw cup speaks volumes of where he is at..

He wants to be a better footballer and is more concerened with that than the coin or just playing fg at a shit club...

That makes for a smart deal.

Bred not Bought

Juniors

No backlash from me. I would have kept him. I still think he is class.

Last edited:

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Simmons, Priddis, Korisiou. All very different players very hard to chose. I share same birthday as Api just older. Priddis and Korisiou are like Brandy and Cleary for me, great/legends for their era at our club.
Api is a gun, but he’s not at club legend status. Simmons and Priddis definitely are, but personally I think Simmons was better, but it’s very tight.

Latest posts