What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

maple_69

Bench
We're also in a slightly different position to where we were when the current crop came through. We need guys to come in ready to go at a high level and help us win premierships. Critta came into the side as a raw youngster with the hopes of pulling off some highlights in a struggling team. We need to season guys longer now because the expectations are different for rookies coming into this team. Even Martin didn't come through until 22 and was streaky for a few years in first grade. Moses around 22 and spent a good 3-4 years seasoning on the bench from there.

Watching the roles our kids are given in Cup is quite interesting. They're clearly moved to different positions to develop parts of their game that they need to develop. Cole moving into the centres, Mav to prop, maybe R. Smith to the halves.

According to the rumour mill, Jett Cleary is off to the Warriors, can anyone confirm, or deny, the rumour?

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Have said for years id like billy burns back. Really hope that happens. He has plemty of positives.

Is Staines comes back at minimum im ok with it.. anything more than that to play nsw cup is to much..

Turuva has killed it this year.. hes safe as houses.. and he carts the ball back so hard and gets us on the front foot.

For me i like the coverage with jenkins and daeon on the wings. Jesse mclean can cover the wing too.

So thats 3 good options.

Tiny probs has been training for centre and im sure he will get a shot there in pre season. Having peach for another year is good coverage there too.. jack cole will have benefited a lot from defending at 5/8 all year in cup.. people should wright him off for centre either.

Daine laurie will be good cover for dyl or luai.

Which is what makes the staines signing weird if it happens. We have enough coverage and they are on minimum and all have really good potential.
I’m not adverse to either Laurie or Staines returning on one year deals although I’m not sure where either fit in really.

We resigned the three youngsters in Longi, Cole and McLean all of whom fulfill the same roles as both Laurie and Staines. Charlie in particular is unlikely to displace Turuva for the wing position given Turuva has had an outstanding season. I so hope Taylan May can play in the centre position because replacing Crichton is going to be really tough.

Kilkenny

Coach
I stand to be corrected on this point, but on my reckoning no other successful premiership winning side has endured the salary cap pain that we have endured over this past four seasons. Not even taking into account the promising youngsters each of this past four seasons we have endured the loss of stars, some being the elite players in our game and there is suggestions our cap is so tight we may not be able to retain Laui beyond next season. I just don’t think I have seen other premiership winners have to shed marquee players to the same degree to remain cap compliant.