What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Munky

Coach
Spencer IMO is the footy equivalent of a flat track bully.

Amazing when the match situation is congruent with his skill set but not willing to play the defensive stroke.

His effort getting back to marker or the main line was non existent throughout his time with Penrith.

Loved watching him at full flight running at tired hookers though.

Would either turn the screws or release all pressure.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Spencer IMO is the footy equivalent of a flat track bully.

Amazing when the match situation is congruent with his skill set but not willing to play the defensive stroke.

His effort getting back to marker or the main line was non existent throughout his time with Penrith.

Loved watching him at full flight running at tired hookers though.

Would either turn the screws or release all pressure.

I love what Spence did for the team. But I believe you've hit the nail on the head. Can he transform into longer minutes ? . I fear not. He reminds me of Fui Fui moi moi. Great for impact in attack, but with longer minutes gives away penalties or has mistakes. Does not appear to have a great motor.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Leniu could end up being the next big thing. I think JWH will end up actually helping Leniu big time next year and we will see an even more aggressive ball runner.. if and when he learns to offload it will be hard to stop[/QUOTE]

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I think with Spencer there is a touch of Moi Moi about him.

Doesn't stop me admiring his work. Wish he would have stayed.

Time will tell whether I'm correct in my assumption or not.

betcats

Referee
Jason is indeed a very nice human. Knee injuries curtailed his playing career, but he has done very well working his way up through the football club. We got to know him quite well in his playing days and lived a couple of doors down from my parents in South Penrith. You wouldn’t meet a more genuine person.

Nice story, we knew the Eisenhuth family really well and were in Auckland to see the Panthers when Tom made his debut, his one and only appearance for the Panthers in the NRL. Brad Tighe was ruled out with illness on the day of the game which brought about Tom’s debut. After the game we got Jason’s attention and he was able to get Tom so we were able to get a photo with him. It was nice given we knew Tom and his family from Lower Blue Mountains JRL Days.

I meant Elford but indeed a nice story re huth family

maple_69

Bench
He’s a great player but he’s a cherry on top type that isn’t going to win you the arm wrestle himself. As others have said though, the guy is 23 and most props don’t peak until their late 20s. He has steadily increased his minutes over the past few years. 15 months ago he was regularly gassing out after 15. Leota went from a pretty good bench prop to one of the best of his generation in the 5 years from 23 to 28.

betcats

Referee
Henry looks like a starter only though, doesn’t look like an impact player. Has played massive minutes for huge numbers in NSW Cup, so still good signs.

I think Ivan will make it work. Assuming Henry steps up into the fg role he’s a really good defender, super fit and he’s not a bad ball runner he’s just not explosive like spencer which most aren’t tbh. Having two really good defensive props who can play longer minutes gives us the option of using fish and Leota as the impact, let them rest a bit more in their breaks before getting them.

I’ve said before we don’t really need impact from the bench, we play at such a high level we just need our benchies to hold down the fort well enough until we can get fish and Moses back on to finish it off. It’s not often we are looking for the bench to come on and turn momentum for us, it’s a nice option to have no doubt but not necessarily needed for the team we are and how we win games.

betcats

Referee
Amd don’t get me wrong I was devastated to lose Spencer but I don’t think it has much of an impact on our ability to the best again next year

Iamback

Coach
I think Ivan will make it work. Assuming Henry steps up into the fg role he’s a really good defender, super fit and he’s not a bad ball runner he’s just not explosive like spencer which most aren’t tbh. Having two really good defensive props who can play longer minutes gives us the option of using fish and Leota as the impact, let them rest a bit more in their breaks before getting them.

I’ve said before we don’t really need impact from the bench, we play at such a high level we just need our benchies to hold down the fort well enough until we can get fish and Moses back on to finish it off. It’s not often we are looking for the bench to come on and turn momentum for us, it’s a nice option to have no doubt but not necessarily needed for the team we are and how we win games.

That is also makes a lot of sameness in the side

This may not be a popular suggestion but if Henry turns out to be a great starting prop as some are claiming, perhaps have him start with JFH and have Leota come off the bench. This has worked well in the past so maybe this could be an option.

Iamback

Coach
This may not be a popular suggestion but if Henry turns out to be a great starting prop as some are claiming, perhaps have him start with JFH and have Leota come off the bench. This has worked well in the past so maybe this could be an option.

You are looking to give him 50mins or the numbers won't look good enough. Not sure giving Fish and Moses too few minutes at this stage helps the team. When Yeo is out and as injury cover works for 2024 and can go from there