What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Whino

Bench
He is going.
He said after the GF his next contract is either success or family.
He has just signed up with the greediest and difficult player agencies in the NRL. That is his choice
He is not going to take unders by re- signing with us. If he was, he would have done a deal without an agent. There will be million dollar offers from rivals. Less than desirable clubs but money is money, if that is the ultimate goal.

Our club won't budge from their figure. Nor should we.

We need to move forward and look for a replacement for 2025. Either internally or externally.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
He is going.
He has just signed up with the greediest and difficult player agencies in the NRL. That is his choice
He is not going to take unders by re- signing with us. If he was, he would have done a deal without an agent. There will be million dollar offers from rivals. Less than desirable clubs but money is money, if that is the ultimate goal.

We need to move forward and look for a replacement for 2025. Either internally or externally.
Signing with the Agency opens up other revenue streams. It could work in our favour.

only time will tell I guess

He is going.

Cole (age 20), Schneider (22), Laurie (23) all about the same height/ weight and then there is always a bolter.

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Luai will re-sign with the Panthers.

Only player to take unders.

So much for the Polynesian boys staying together.

That hasn’t ended well.

Jerome likely to be the only one to stick solid and re-sign for less than he could get elsewhere.
Edwards took unders to stay. He could have got around 1.1 to 1.2 else where. Cleary also has settled for alot less then he is worth.

snickers007

Juniors
Even if Luai gets $1.1M, by the time he pays tax and hands over 6-7% to his agent, he's only ~$120k better off than the $800k (minus tax) that we offered.

Obviously an extra $120k a year is still significant money - but it's not an extra $1M over 3 years like the media throw around.

With some good TPAs, and providing him the opportunities to pursue his other passions (esports, music etc), $800 - 850k is a good deal to play in a super competitive team, with minimal day-to-day travel.

He is going.
He is not going to take unders by re- signing with us. If he was, he would have ctdone a deal without an agent. There will be million dollar offers from rivals. Less than desirable clubs but money is money, if that is the ultimate goal.

By the time his agent takes his cut the monetary value is the same

Bred not Bought

Juniors
By the time his agent takes his cut the monetary value is the same

Not if a silly club offers $1.2 - $1.3.
I think his new agency are hoping for a bidding war between the Dogs, Dragons and Tigers.

Think of things from their point. BM now have a premium three - time premiership winning half on their books with Origin experience. In his prime.
With a lack of quality options on the market. I think they seek a high bar. Whether they get it is another thing.
Will the desperate pay it?
The Dragons threw overs at Ben Hunt. The Tigers failed, but bid massive overs for Moses. I could see something stupid happening.
The 1st leaks will be interesting.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
I think if Luai was leaning toward staying he signs without a manager and increases what he gets by not paying them a percentage of his contract.

It's not impossible he won't end up staying still. But i would think he's leaning towards a big pay day.

Which he's entitled to do. He has 3x premiership rings and has already been loyal and patient when he could have left for an NRL spot elsewhere but played reserves for us until Jimmy left.

I think his new agency are hoping for a bidding war between the Dogs, Dragons and Tigers.

Think of things from their point. BM now have a premium three - time premiership winning half on their books with Origin experience. In his prime.
With a lack of quality options on the market. I think they seek a high bar. Whether they get it is another thing.
The Dragons threw overs at Ben Hunt. The Tigers failed, but bid massive overs for Moses. I could see something stupid happening.
BM?

Iamback

Coach
Even if Luai gets $1.1M, by the time he pays tax and hands over 6-7% to his agent, he's only ~$120k better off than the $800k (minus tax) that we offered.

Obviously an extra $120k a year is still significant money - but it's not an extra $1M over 3 years like the media throw around.

With some good TPAs, and providing him the opportunities to pursue his other passions (esports, music etc), $800 - 850k is a good deal to play in a super competitive team, with minimal day-to-day travel.

Origin is $10k.

Get a year longer from us and that closes that gap.

Iamback

Coach

Tigers won't bid. They locked in their halves long term, They would want to look at them 1st

Not sure Dogs see him as the organiser they need - I think Dearden is their target.

Leaves a commute to Wollongong or moving out of Sydney.

Remember Wighton went to Souths for less than Canberra offered. So it isn't like BM always steers them to the cash

Whino

Bench
Signing with the Agency opens up other revenue streams. It could work in our favour.

only time will tell I guess

You both make a good point about other revenue streams. The TPA's.
I believe one of the reasons Luai split with his old management was due to the breakdown of his TPA.
It could be a reason for seeking management rather than self managing. I am not well versed in how TPA'S are sought or negotiated. I would guess they would be tricky.
Time will certainly tell how this plays out.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I believe one of the reasons Luai split with his old management was due to the breakdown of his TPA.
It could be a reason for seeking management rather than self managing. I am not well versed in how TPA'S are sought or negotiated.
TPAs are ways clubs openly cheat the cap

Luke Bowden

First Grade
It could be a reason for seeking management rather than self managing. I am not well versed in how TPA'S are sought or negotiated. I would guess they would be tricky.
TPA’s all come through player managers, it’s the very reason why no one looks after them self.

I’m confident Romey wants to stay and that’s what he’ll be telling BM. It will be up to them to maximise his cash.

Latest posts