What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Luke Bowden

First Grade
It wouldnt matter what i tell you mate. You could never admit youre wrong and thats sad tbh. Ive read the stuff you posted on here over the years and youve got as good strike rate as the rest of us.

Except no one else claims to be experts... i read your post the other day knocking the posters here and that your "footy mates" actually know footy haha. Go bump into kevy k once a year again and spread the gospel to the footy mates super coach... get it right half the time and leave us mere mortals to enjoy the game
Bump into Kevin? Or meet regularly as that was my job with in our club.

I’ve never claimed to be an expert, I just happen to be in position where I’m lucky enough to be exposed to bigger insight into the sport then most.

You don’t seem to be able to handle that.

I try to give you a little insight and you call me names. Yet I’m the sad one…

Its as thought, your all good. Have your opinion of me, it’s cool.

And I do agree that there are plenty of posters on here that display a very high level of football knowledge. 100%

Last edited:

Girds89

Bench
Bump into Kevin? Or meet regularly as that was my job with in our club.

I’ve never claimed to be an expert, I just happen to be in position where I’m lucky enough to be exposed to bigger insight into the sport then most.

You don’t seem to be able to handle that.

I try to give you a little insight and you call me names. Yet I’m the sad one…

Its as thought, your all good. Have your opinion of me, it’s cool.

I dont really have an opinion of you. Just think youre a bit of a keyboard warrior tbh (like a lot of us can be, me included). I think a lot of the people on here would have the passion and knowledge to work at the club.. i won't name names but theres plenty on here that clearly know there stuff and watch the juniors from matts up.. you dont have to be apart of the club or work at a club to know the game mate..

You lost me with your thoughts on naths long kicking game last year.. know for a fact you were wrong about it. My very close mate plays with mitch kennys brother at union. So get a lot from my mate.

Btw you said mick potter before as a part time assistant in nsw cup at the tiges? Now its our club.... telling porkies?

Kevy doesn't have anything at all to do with the fg team btw.

Unless he has changed roles in the last 12 months hes the well being an education manager for the whole club. Sits behind a desk most days and makes sure the matts boys and sg ball boys are going to school at doms etc and not getting into trouble. Makes sure the flegg boys are in uni and or tafe.

Last edited:

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I dont really have an opinion of you. Just think youre a bit of a keyboard warrior tbh (like a lot of us can be, me included). I think a lot of the people on here would have the passion and knowledge to work at the club.. i won't name names but theres plenty on here that clearly know there stuff and watch the juniors from matts up.. you dont have to be apart of the club or work at a club to know the game mate..

You lost me with your thoughts on naths long kicking game last year.. know for a fact you were wrong about it. My very close mate plays with mitch kennys brother at union. So get a lot from my mate.

Btw you said mick potter before as a part time assistant in nsw cup at the tiges? Now its our club.... telling porkies?

Kevy doesn't have anything at all to do with the fg team btw.

Unless he has changed roles in the last 12 months hes the well being an education manager for the whole club. Sits behind a desk most days and makes sure the matts boys and sg ball boys are going to school at doms etc and not getting into trouble. Makes sure the flegg boys are in uni and or tafe.

Ohhh Yep.. Mitch Kenny’s brother, that’s much better source of information, then a system that’s being taught to all the Penrith Pathways clubs….

Mick Potter at the Tigers? Or Was it Mounties in 20-21…

Anyways this was fun as always, you keep battling away mate.

Original Name

Juniors
Lambacks news Confirmed by Lang

People will blame black money or whatever but it really doesn't make cap sense to re-sign two centres on big money. I'd rather go try to go May over Tago if Tago refusing medical treatments is true but May could wish to play with his brother at the chooks over anything so our offer could be irreverent. Still Tago to such a long deal if he only uses "natural treatments" is dicey.

Girds89

Bench
Ohhh Yep.. Mitch Kenny’s brother, that’s much better source of information, then a system that’s being taught to all the Penrith Pathways clubs….

Mick Potter at the Tigers? Or Was it Mounties in 20-21…

Anyways this was fun as always, you keep battling away mate.

Youre telling the story mate?

Haha hes been spot on with everything at the club recently, so yeah not a bad source tbh. Actually a great source compared to a few others ive had. I appreciate the little insights from the mate that have been mostly 100% on the money to date.

Definitely fun..keep up the good work lukey.

Fyi i agree with you on most on here. (80% of stuff) not on here to argue this year.. dont have time for the petty shit.

We can agree on we both hope we make it 4 in a row i bet!!!

murraymob

Coach
All the arguments about best front rower ever are irrelevant neither our front rowers or hass match glen lazzarus 3 grand finals with seperate clubs nsw Australia .he lead all the stats during his playing time

Iamback

Coach
We need to keep taylan.

What hes showed in 2 games back from an acl at his age... in what is really the start of his 2md year in fg is quite remarkable. Freakish.

I had faith hed do well at centre.. i was optimistic.. bit i didn't think hed kill it like he has.

He can be as good as tago.

And i think he and tago can both be btter then critta.

And ive been saying for 2 years i think tago will be better then critta.

Keep tiny and with the guys we have locked up already i really think we can have another 4-5 years of top 4 finishes.

2 games in.

1st game was on a slippery surface
2nd game they lost an outside back early.

So none of our backs have been tested yet. So is way to early to call him even locked in at a centre spot.

Then there is the price, While I don't believe the Tago figure. I think $600k with bonuses is more on the mark.

How much do we pay our centres combined? What has done as well is not overpaying, No reason to start doing that now.

So while in a perfect world, We'd keep him we have to make the best decision for the side long term

mxlegend99

Referee
Please go on? Let’s list my dud calls.. please don’t use me, trying to explain to you how the game actually works.

so please do tell.

Also, the Soni think wasn’t my call, but please don’t let that get in the way..
Certainly looks like your call. Not that there is anything wrong with making wild predictions. Trying to suggest it wasnt your call is just lying though.

Weve all made bad predictions.

IMG_2175.jpeg

Pomoz

Bench
Well I said Nathan might be a better hooker than a halfback and we should let Leota go and keep Spencer. Wrong on both counts.

As for Api, the more games he doesn't play for us the better he becomes. One more season not playing for the Panthers and he will be classed as a combination of Cameron Smith, Steve Walters and Danny Buderus, only better.

As for Haas, I have never seen him dominate in SOO or playing for Australia. The game has two sides and whilst he may be the best ever for run metres and offloads, he is a soft in defence. As I said, nobody worries about running at Haas, or Yeo for that matter, but they sure as hell have an eye out for Liam Martin or Moses in Beast mode. I don't suppose they relish Mitch Kenny lining them up either.

Iamback

Coach
Well I said Nathan might be a better hooker than a halfback and we should let Leota go and keep Spencer. Wrong on both counts.

As for Api, the more games he doesn't play for us the better he becomes. One more season not playing for the Panthers and he will be classed as a combination of Cameron Smith, Steve Walters and Danny Buderus, only better.

As for Haas, I have never seen him dominate in SOO or playing for Australia. The game has two sides and whilst he may be the best ever for run metres and offloads, he is a soft in defence. As I said, nobody worries about running at Haas, or Yeo for that matter, but they sure as hell have an eye out for Liam Martin or Moses in Beast mode. I don't suppose they relish Mitch Kenny lining them up either.

The Cleary to hooker gets thrown up as wrong, I think how good Luai became doesn't entirely make it wrong.

The discussion at the time came up because Api was going to the dogs and Luai was too good for NSW Cup.

Do we win any less comps with Cleary in 9?

Moses is hard, Most games he is nothing special but a big game and he is the best prop to ever play the game

snickers007

Juniors
I've got a theory that Haas is a bit of a ball hog, and that the Broncos wouldn't be adversely affected ball-in-hand if he didn't play. But they would miss him defensively due to his high tackle-effiency. Same could be said for Carrigan actually.

I remember a game in 2022 against them where Haas (and Carrigan) didn't play, and their starting props Jenson & Palasia made 164m and 183m in their 46min and 60mins on the field. They don't get those minutes, or that much ball if Haas is on the field. But they certainly didn't struggle to make meters.

Granted, we smoked them 40-12 this match, but it took us 60mins to get on top of them.

Kinda reminds me of Gallen a bit, loves a settling hit-up in the red-zone to bump up his stats.