What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

murraymob

Coach
Interesting that the warriors approached us about a possible swap with. aFB naturally we did not know what was coming but would have been a good trade

My two cents. Front rowers aren’t wingers. You can’t just plug in some kid and hope for the best. Sure you can carry someone like that on the bench and let them develop but we already have Smith and Henry in those roles. We’ve plugged holes from within for years but that has been enabled by maintaining a strong core group, including a genuine, top 3 in the comp front rower. If we want to keep the premiership window open and not squander peak Cleary we need a like for like JFH replacement.

MugaB

Coach
My two cents. Front rowers aren’t wingers. You can’t just plug in some kid and hope for the best. Sure you can carry someone like that on the bench and let them develop but we already have Smith and Henry in those roles. We’ve plugged holes from within for years but that has been enabled by maintaining a strong core group, including a genuine, top 3 in the comp front rower. If we want to keep the premiership window open and not squander peak Cleary we need a like for like JFH replacement.
As far as like for like, that's unrealistic, the big daddy has no equal... I like Chins idea Martin in at prop alongside leota, sorro on edge, with the odd middle role, get a guy like hosking back or promote our younger back rowers, hell tago is on the big coin now, he should fill that void, and get Alamoti in somewhere

As far as like for like, that's unrealistic, the big daddy has no equal... I like Chins idea Martin in at prop alongside leota, sorro on edge, with the odd middle role, get a guy like hosking back or promote our younger back rowers, hell tago is on the big coin now, he should fill that void, and get Alamoti in somewhere
When I say “like for like” I mean a genuine #1 or #2 starting prop. If that can’t happen I don’t hate the idea of transitioning Martin to the front row, so long as we can bring in an elite 2nd rower to replace him.

Also Hosking signed a 3 year deal at Canberra, he’s not coming back any time soon.

Girds89

Bench
The issue with moving martin and soro is we have nothing at 2nd row.

Lets face it. Mav really doesmt look a standout.

Riki is llaying prop in cup.

Hassett is small and is a few years off.

Moving Martin and soro juts creates more headaches..

Luron patea should be fast tracked.. and training every day with the top squad alongside fish and leota.

Hell still be a little while off so id imagine we need someone for 2 years.

Domt think the club could afford stefano. NaS for two years is probably more achievable