What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

maple_69

Bench
Jaydn Sua is another I think could fit the bill. He’s aggressive, has big game experience and off contract. Still only 26 and has been playing well in a poor team. Could be the kinda guy that would jump at a two year contract at a contender to re-establish himself before his last contract. Smith and Henry should be ready to lead the pack with a few more years.

Original Name

Juniors
I rate Grant and think in a few years Henry will be an elite prop. Smith's very good and works very hard but his ceiling I don't think is an elite prop. Grant can run a line, runs to the ball with the ball in two hands to threaten to pass which opens up his running game, quite a well rounded prospect, pretty smart and switched on for a prop about those kind of things.

But as of next year Stefano, Thompson and NAS are the only guys in the NRL/our system that I think could replace Fish and still have the club with a decent shot of winning a premiership that seem like a shot of leaving. Would rather go to the SL before some of the other guys at prop who are mostly decent players or who aren't really starting props. But we need more than decent to replace Fish.

The best realistic option is Stefano and after that I feel like the club is doing a lot of hoping some things fall into place. Wish May held off on his re-signing.

Last edited:
Billy Scott resigned long term. 19 years old. Between Kenny, Sommerton and Scott you would think that’s curtains for Sonny Luke?

Anyone who watches lower grades any chance you can summarise a bit about Billy Scott - style of play, potential and benefits to lock him in long term etc

GowersDallyM

Juniors
Here's an off topic one.. With a new New South Wales coach coming in and him wanting form players surely our man Edwards gets the call up finally. NSW need to have a complete overhaul of their side and hopefully it's this year that alot of form players get a crack...

Teddy has failed over the past three years at club level and for the state but him being captain apparently holds value! Fk that! Give the captaincy to Yeo who is one of the best captains kicking around and let the team thrive having some talent in there!

Least Freddy is gone so no more weird picks and players playing way out of position and out of form. No cook, Teddy, Latrell, Jake Turbo or anyone out of form surely!

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
Here's an off topic one.. With a new New South Wales coach coming in and him wanting form players surely our man Edwards gets the call up finally. NSW need to have a complete overhaul of there side and hopefully it's this year that alot of form players get a crack...

Teddy has failed over the past three years at club level and for the state but him being captain apparently holds value! Fk that! Give the captaincy to Yeo who is one of the best captains kicking around and let the team thrive having some talent in there!

Least Freddy is gone so no more weird picks and players playing way out of position and out of form. No cook, Teddy, Latrell, Jake Turbo or anyone out of form surely!

Yeo is the obvious pick but nsw keeps doing weird stuff.

Any thoughts on Trey Mooney for next season? Off contract this year. Only 21/turns 22 in a few weeks. Stats: 188cm - 106kgs. Get him for around $375k and have him coming off the pine with Henry in 2025. Start with Smith and Leota.

As I keep saying it’s 2026 where Panthers should be aiming to get an established prop.

Off contract end of 2025 props:
Top 3 candidates imo (would command around $650k +)
1. Leo Thompson
2. Stefano Utoikamanu
3. Griffin Neame

Next tier candidates (would command around $550k +)
4. Xavier Willison
5. David Moale
6. Tom Hazelton

Last tier candidates (would command around $450k +)
7. Fonua Pole
8. Oregon Kaufusi

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
Here's an off topic one.. With a new New South Wales coach coming in and him wanting form players surely our man Edwards gets the call up finally. NSW need to have a complete overhaul of their side and hopefully it's this year that alot of form players get a crack...

You cant imagine Madge watching last nights game and thinking, oh I want some of what that fullback in the red white & blue is selling.

Latest posts