What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

The Teach

Juniors
Canberra have had a couple of goes at him. 2022, and just recently as last year. Him and his partner toured their facilities. They offered him a 2.7 mil deal over 3 years. He knocked it back. Not prepared to take less than he is on.
I hope his mind has changed.
That explains why our biggest fan Skeepe is crying on the nrl rumours thread

soc123_au

Staff member
RE: David Fifita - I am as excited as anyone. He could fill the Kikau void, and on his day is unstoppable.

However I can't help feel there is a tinge of risk here. He could be one of those guys who rests on his laurels, depends on his ability but isn't willing to work hard.

Guys like Fish, Leota and Kikau all developed under our system (Yes I know we got Kik's from NQ but we got him young enough) and hence have the right attitude.

Fifita is well known for drifting in and out of games and also between games. He can go 2 games in a row were you barely notice he exists.

Also, can we get him fit enough? Kikau became a 70+ minute a game player which is incredible for his size.

So, say we give Fifita 900K for 3-4 seasons and he is lazy and has an attitude we can't fix because it developed being a star player in a horrible team.

IMO this is a big risk, but I think it is well worth taking given the upside. Whoever is handling this deal will have to do a good job of assessing his character in meetings.
He will be leaving a few bucks on the table if he comes, so he would be coming here to win. That should give him the right attitude off the bat. Also anything under a mil and you sell him off if needed with not much of a hit if any barring serious injury.

MrBlack

Juniors
He will be leaving a few bucks on the table if he comes, so he would be coming here to win. That should give him the right attitude off the bat. Also anything under a mil and you sell him off if needed with not much of a hit if any barring serious injury.
He will get more rep money (SOO) if he plays for us.

He's not getting picked while he plays for titans right now.

SOO is what $150k

murraymob

Coach
Wayne Bennett is the master he is playing Souths and parra against each other for his coaching services and winning .He will get a bumper pay several years contract and a villa deal n a nursing home all paid

Frankus

Juniors
Canberra have had a couple of goes at him. 2022, and just recently as last year. Him and his partner toured their facilities. They offered him a 2.7 mil deal over 3 years. He knocked it back. Not prepared to take less than he is on.
I hope his mind has changed.
Canberra’s facilities are top notch too.

Sime_11

Juniors
its worth the risk and happy with that price - fair price for the risk - do you think he could be even better than Kikau if he comes and if he comes with the right attitude.

whilst there is a big money signing/ pressure - he doesnt have to be the guy at Penrith - that could be really appealing to him

love to have him - just come with the right attitude and we'll love him

@Blade23 you probably can’t comment but is there any word on Luke Garner and resigning him? Or as previously discussed - is Mavrik Geyer looking to be slotted into that number 17 dual center & back rower bench position because I would assume he is cheaper value wise?

Dragons apparently going to offer Fifita a deal too. You would suspect it will be larger than Panthers. But they stink so interesting to see how this all pans out.

WestyLife

First Grade
Dragons apparently going to offer Fifita a deal too. You would suspect it will be larger than Panthers. But they stink so interesting to see how this all pans out.

It's basically money vs playing outside cleary in a top 4 team where he won't have as much expectation on him as his choice.

kinghippo

Juniors
Fifita bumps our premiership window wide open for another 3 years if it gets done.

I think Garner goes elsewhere, there was a bit of noise we already offered him away.
I think we loose Eisenhuth also.

Those 2 leaving could free up a little coin for an upcoming forward prospect if we haven’t got the right player coming through.

Fifita bumps our premiership window wide open for another 3 years if it gets done.

I think Garner goes elsewhere, there was a bit of noise we already offered him away.
I think we loose Eisenhuth also.

Those 2 leaving could free up a little coin for an upcoming forward prospect if we haven’t got the right player coming through.
Possibly Luron Patea is that prospect. Big wraps, hopefully can kick on.