What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 - v Panthers

maestro1

Bench
I just don't know what else to say BSE only that whatever we see is not what the refs or bunker see and whether or not there is any bias in their decisions. We know that all officials involved with the game, bunker, referees, sideline flag bearers, would have a "favourite" team that they themselves would have followed for most of their lives. I can remember working for a guy who was a Tigers supporter and he was a touch/lines man and having strong allegiance to the club he followed made some calls going his favourite team's way particularly forward passes. Sadly he isn't with us any more but you do know what I am saying don't you BSE??

Tell me which one of the current officials actually on the field or in the bunker is a Dragons supporter? I'm leaving Peter V'Landys out as he doesn't officiate the games in fact, I think nowadays I don't think that he gives two hoots for the Dragons as his main concern is getting all that lovely income coming in.
Who said that Vlandys is a Dragon's supporter? Just because he is from the Illawarra, doesn't mean he follows the Dragons. Has this come from the horses 🐴 mouth or are people adding up 2+2 and getting 5?

Dragon David

First Grade
Who said that Vlandys is a Dragon's supporter? Just because he is from the Illawarra, doesn't mean he follows the Dragons. Has this come from the horses 🐴 mouth or are people adding up 2+2 and getting 5?
He most probably was a Steelers supporter maestro1 when he was growing up. He was mates with Ian Millward going back to early school days.
"Millward’s ties to V’landys run deep. The pair grew up in the same street, they both attended Keira Boys High School and they played rugby league together for Wests Illawarra." - an extract from the Illawarra Mercury.

Full article here - https://greekherald.com.au/sports/c...the-tone-for-peter-vlandys-career-trajectory/

I most probably am wrong he might be a Roosters fan now that he has grown up and most probably great mates with Nick Politis because of their Greek background.

maestro1

Bench
He most probably was a Steelers supporter maestro1 when he was growing up. He was mates with Ian Millward going back to early school days.
"Millward’s ties to V’landys run deep. The pair grew up in the same street, they both attended Keira Boys High School and they played rugby league together for Wests Illawarra." - an extract from the Illawarra Mercury.

Full article here - https://greekherald.com.au/sports/c...the-tone-for-peter-vlandys-career-trajectory/

I most probably am wrong he might be a Roosters fan now that he has grown up and most probably great mates with Nick Politis because of their Greek background.
Dragon David I knew he played local league and his connection to Wests Illawarra and the Millwards, but a lot of people down here follow other clubs. I'm not doubting he is a Dragons Supporter, just wondering if that is assumed or he has said it.

Dragon David

First Grade
Dragon David I knew he played local league and his connection to Wests Illawarra and the Millwards, but a lot of people down here follow other clubs. I'm not doubting he is a Dragons Supporter, just wondering if that is assumed or he has said it.
I only know what you know maestro1. He really hasn't openly admitted to following any team just that he did play in the South Coast as a growing up lad. That's why I threw in the Roosters as a maybe. Anyway, who cares. He might not even have a favourite and wishes every club all the success that they might deserve.