What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Bred not Bought

Juniors
Rumour on social is Fifita has no interest in meeting with the Dragons.
Telegraph are apparently the source. But I can't find the story.

murraymob

Coach
Not sure if it means anything but a little twist I hear his girlfriend has signed with the bulldogs .Meaning he would be coming to Sydney as well

Bred not Bought

Juniors
If we miss out of Fifita, big Stefano is out of our price range.

Phil Gould urges Tigers to 'be very careful' as $900k pay day revealed for Stefano Utoikamanu​

Stefano Utoikamanu could be set for a big pay day as negotiations continue with the Wests Tigers.

The prop has a get out clause in his contract that will allow him to leave the club if they don't make the top eight or he fails to play at least two Origin matches for NSW.

With a lack of middle forwards on the market, Utoikamanu could be in high demand if he becomes a free agent.

9news reporter Danny Weidler revealed negotiations with the Tigers could result in Utoikamanu signing a five-year deal for close to $5 million.

"Right now they're working through an offer," he said on Nine's 100% Footy.

"I know there was a meeting in the last week and Shane Richardson, the boss of that club, won't give away everything from that meeting but I believe there'll be a significant offer tabled to him and hopefully for the Tigers they'll get to keep their man."

With Utoikamanu set to be offered around $900,000-a-season, the big money deal has reportedly led to clubs baulking at a potential bidding war.

WestyLife

First Grade

Phil Gould urges Tigers to 'be very careful' as $900k pay day revealed for Stefano Utoikamanu​

Stefano Utoikamanu could be set for a big pay day as negotiations continue with the Wests Tigers.

The prop has a get out clause in his contract that will allow him to leave the club if they don't make the top eight or he fails to play at least two Origin matches for NSW.

With a lack of middle forwards on the market, Utoikamanu could be in high demand if he becomes a free agent.

9news reporter Danny Weidler revealed negotiations with the Tigers could result in Utoikamanu signing a five-year deal for close to $5 million.

"I know there was a meeting in the last week and Shane Richardson, the boss of that club, won't give away everything from that meeting but I believe there'll be a significant offer tabled to him and hopefully for the Tigers they'll get to keep their man."

With Utoikamanu set to be offered around $900,000-a-season, the big money deal has reportedly led to clubs baulking at a potential bidding war.

That's fantastic. They're gonna kill their cap because they're scared the good teams will go for him. Panthers won't do a bidding war. They'll make an offer and leave it at that same as the Fafita thing IF they decide to.

Iamback

Coach
That's fantastic. They're gonna kill their cap because they're scared the good teams will go for him. Panthers won't do a bidding war. They'll make an offer and leave it at that same as the Fafita thing IF they decide to.

Look at the money they have tied up in their halves. Sullivan isn't even in FG, This is why these teams stay shit

WestyLife

First Grade
Look at the money they have tied up in their halves. Sullivan isn't even in FG, This is why these teams stay shit

Yep then spend their time complaining it's Ivan's fault and the refs Rob them each week deliberately even though the best commercial decision would be to make tigers successful due to large supporter base.

maple_69

Bench
If Fifita opts to take the biggest deal he can, fine, I'd move onto Crichton with $850K and then Uto with $850K and then Sua with maybe $700K. If none of them like it, we're better off working with what we have until the right player comes along that wants to win more than they want an extra $200K. Worst case we are probably a top 4 side next year but not quite contender and then our kids probably get us back towards the top in 2026 with our cap in tact and our reputation for not buckling or playing games in tact.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
If Fifita opts to take the biggest deal he can, fine, I'd move onto Crichton with $850K and then Uto with $850K and then Sua with maybe $700K. If none of them like it, we're better off working with what we have until the right player comes along that wants to win more than they want an extra $200K. Worst case we are probably a top 4 side next year but not quite contender and then our kids probably get us back towards the top in 2026 with our cap in tact and our reputation for not buckling or playing games in tact.
If we miss on everyone it's a complete failure

BossleyPanther

Juniors
"Fringe first grader off contract so now have cap space for elite superstar" has been the standard Roosters meme for forever. They've now got genuine cap space to play with. They'll find a big name or two, I'd put plenty on it.
Under the $30 mill salary cap, they must use a salary cap derivatives system 😉

The yak

Juniors

If that is true. That is deadset panicking.
I said last week Richo overpays for recruitment and retention. His pattern continues.

Latest posts