What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

maple_69

Bench
I think $750K is fair. Origin and premiership winner in great form. He can play middle also which helps with side balance in a pinch, that adds value. Agree he's not worth Fifita money, mostly due to age, only has 3 good years left.

On that, I wonder if he'll be pushing for 4 year deals. It could be a key negotiating point if he wants to try and get 4 when successful clubs would probably only want to get tied up for 3 years with him vs desperate clubs who might do it.

Frankus

Juniors
I think $750K is fair. Origin and premiership winner in great form. He can play middle also which helps with side balance in a pinch, that adds value. Agree he's not worth Fifita money, mostly due to age, only has 3 good years left.

On that, I wonder if he'll be pushing for 4 year deals. It could be a key negotiating point if he wants to try and get 4 when successful clubs would probably only want to get tied up for 3 years with him vs desperate clubs who might do it.
I'd take him for 4. Although he has played alot more games, I feel he doesn't have as many miles on the clock as Marto simply due to the way he plays. He's not a pure power/aggression type player like Marto.

Frankus

Juniors
How many edge forwards play at $750k worth at 31 or 32?
There’s a few - Felise Kafusi the first that springs to mind. Kikau will be 30 next season and is contracted through the end of 2026. Martin will be close to that by the end of his contract.

I get your point though mate, risky.

Iamback

Coach
There’s a few - Felise Kafusi the first that springs to mind. Kikau will be 30 next season and is contracted through the end of 2026. Martin will be close to that by the end of his contract.

I get your point though mate, risky.

Both those guys were signed for reasons not related to on field.

We are hoping to extend our premiership window after losing one of the top props in the game.

I am not opposed to getting Crichton but cheap enough that we can get a promising forward too develop or a 6 if Cole is a dud