What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kinda forgot about this but the 2019 Titans and 2022 Tigers both won the wooden spoon while Peachey was there. That Titans team was particularly awful, winning only 4 games all season. No wonder getting that ring as 18th man meant so much.

soc123_au

Staff member
His time filling in at centre last year is the only time I think he's played to a first grade level. He did wonderfully well to help us make the finals
It's not too often I don't agree with you, but not sure how you don't rate his 2014-2018 form. Hook stifled him by not playing him properly, but he won us a few games on his own in that period.

mxlegend99

Referee
Peachey was a weapon before Titans got their hands on him. He had his moments last year for us too.

His career went backwards massively after joining Titans. Nothing unusual about that

Original Name

Juniors
Peach would do 1 good thing for every 3 or 4 bad. Awful defender and penalty magnet
I remember there was a time when under Hook our attack was absolute garbage inside 20 but our defence fairly good and kept us in the 8. Wall retired and the defence got soft straight after but before that we were fairly regularly holding teams to around 3 tries. It doesn't make sense that Peach was always as bad as you're making him out to be if we held teams to low scores fairly with him in the team for years. If he was this awful player you're making him to be teams would have exploited him for so many points that we wouldn't have continently made the 8 and Peach would have to have been dropped. Try to think about things rationally.

Like in 2016 our attack was very close to bottom 4 and the defence was like top 6 and that was one of attacking peaks under Hook. I'm not saying Peach was a great defender but he was what we needed at the time.

His time filling in at centre last year is the only time I think he's played to a first grade level. He did wonderfully well to help us make the finals
(edit) He was better the first time he was at Penrith and it isn't even close. His defence at centre was way worse after bulking up at other clubs to play in forwards and with how much stronger and faster edge players are now compared to 5 or 6 years ago, he a lost a bit of speed and didn't get it back. The same problems he has now were there last year to a large extent, the team just covered for it better because we were a stronger team or rather had better depth. I don't know what you've been watching man. When he was quicker and younger he was better in defence as is natural not that he amazing in defence or anything.

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach
Naturally gifted footballer. Probably one of my favourite players to watch over the years.

Shouldn't have left for the Titans/Tigers but thats football.

Exsilium

First Grade
I still remember the day he signed from the Sharks. A good friend of mine, also a sharks supporter, was livid. Felt he was too good to let go but I think we got as much as anyone was ever going to get out of him. A victim of versatility but did the job for us on many occasions. Happy for him and 200 NRL games as a utility, isn’t bad at all.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Naturally gifted footballer. Probably one of my favourite players to watch over the years.

Shouldn't have left for the Titans/Tigers but thats football.

But in saying that Tyrone last night on his podcast commented that the monies from that deal helped set his family up. So he personally doesn't regret the move to the Titians.