What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

I think corporate sponsors and clubs female fans at the very least may not be too thrilled with whichever club was prepared to offer a lifeline to Taylan May. Given his other issues as well, I’m not sure there will be too many clubs falling over themselves to sign him.
I agree, this is the reason guys like Michael Jennings, Zane Tetevano, Dylan Walker, Luciano Leilua etc etc have been blacklisted. Oh wait.

GongPanther

Referee
I definitely dont condone bashing ya misses but if not guilty outside of that i feel he doesnt deserve to be sacked. I'm just worried we've sacked a bloke over a false claim and alot media pressure.. We then as a club would be in the firing line of alot of media bashing and the If he does go not guilty, would he then be able to come at the club for more money?
The DV is not at the centre of his dismissal.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Yep the club knew laurie wasnt a winger back then and they had plans for charlie for either wing or fb if dyl didmt pick up which he obviously did. So charlie offered a bit more coverage in the backline. And laurie wasnt getting a look in at 6 all those years ago when luai was locked up long term

Nothings changed.

They dont see laurie as a winger.
I knew he was being picked on the wing this week when I made that, ” He’s an excellent Winger” post. So I won’t pull the piss out of you too much, but at least I didn’t make a bet with you! That would have been unethically cool.

Kilkenny

Coach
I agree, this is the reason guys like Michael Jennings, Zane Tetevano, Dylan Walker, Luciano Leilua etc etc have been blacklisted. Oh wait.
I’m not suggesting there has never been a player charged or convicted of DV related crimes not being picked up by another club.

It is a risk for any club given the obvious stance the game takes against violence against women.

We need to wait until his court matter plays out and only then will another club be willing to risk there culture and reputation on recruiting May into there club depending on what is revealed during the hearing.

Girds89

Bench
I knew he was being picked on the wing this week when I made that, ” He’s an excellent Winger” post. So I won’t pull the piss out of you too much, but at least I didn’t make a bet with you! That would have been unethically cool.

Im glad you knew he was playing wing. Doesnt mean hes an excellent winger. He got smashed in his one kick return. As i said hes never played there before.

As much as its nice to reward great form playing blokes out of position isnt a great option.

You yourself have said as have basically this whole forum that hes a 1 or 6.

I was disappointed he got injured as i love daine. We need him fit. But i hope we dont see him on the wing again. Jesse should be there if blokes are dropped or injured.

Wouldve prefered to see daine in the 6 tonight. Schnieder was ok in defence but he just lacks any vision in attack..

Original Name

Juniors
Im glad you knew he was playing wing. Doesnt mean hes an excellent winger. He got smashed in his one kick return. As i said hes never played there before.

As much as its nice to reward great form playing blokes out of position isnt a great option.

You yourself have said as have basically this whole forum that hes a 1 or 6.

I was disappointed he got injured as i love daine. We need him fit. But i hope we dont see him on the wing again. Jesse should be there if blokes are dropped or injured.

Wouldve prefered to see daine in the 6 tonight. Schnieder was ok in defence but he just lacks any vision in attack..
He did play wing in his debut for us actually. It was against the doggies. I think he used to spend some time at wing back when Caleb Aekins was FB for a short period of the year at NSW Cup.

WestyLife

First Grade
Hahahahahaha.... you're in fantasy land... there's so many morons done for all sorts of stuff that the sea Eagles, roosters, dogs all overlooked couldn't give a rats about... matt lodge was a perfect example of that, bronson xerri with the doping, Michael Jennings with performance enhancing drugs, even dragons wanted to get May's brother back from Catalans, a known sex pest to add to the debelin debarcle...

"I can fix him" - Trent Robinson.

Girds89

Bench
He did play wing in his debut for us actually. It was against the doggies. I think he used to spend some time at wing back when Caleb Aekins was FB for a short period of the year at NSW Cup.

No his debut was against the raiders. He played about 10mins of fb replacing aekins.

Aekins was a few years above daine. They never really crossed over. Daine was in flegg with Burton, staines, hopgood lindsay smith, terrell may etc. It was a stacked side.

He played mostly fb in 2018 in flegg and was the club flegg player of the year. He played mostly 6 in 2019 with staines at fb (in flegg still). Aekins was in nsw cup that year. In 2020 he started the year as nsw cup fb before it was abandoned due to covid. Aekins left that year.

Last night was his first ever game of wing in the nrl. They also mentioned this in the commentary.

Real shame he hurt his hammy. Hed been in great form

Blade23

Juniors
Only for this year?

On the books for the next 2 and a half years.
Despite termination payments usually being counted in the cap. There is a chance we can still get salary cap dispensation for some or all of his salary.
It is a weird and complex situation to say the least.

soc123_au

Staff member
Despite termination payments usually being counted in the cap. There is a chance we can still get salary cap dispensation for some or all of his salary.
That sucks. I assume the amount is confidential, but given what he reportedly signed for I imagine it's a bit of a hit.

Pomoz

Bench
It seems strange to pay for 2.5 years rather than have him play for us. I can only presume the relationship between him and the club has broken down to the point of being unreconcilable. I am guessing cap relief for the "no fault" stand down, will be used to prepay his salary so the impact is reduced in future years. Hopefully, we were able to negotiate a discounted salary as well. Otherwise we have a $500k lead weight for the next 2.5 years.

I think the whole thing is so sad. He has overcome a difficult upbringing to get this far. He doesn't seem to be able to escape his past enough to find a clear path to happiness. If he is found guilty, that is just a terrible outcome and I feel sorry for his wife/girlfriend having to endure this.

No winners here. The club, T May and least of all his wife/girlfriend. Just sad.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
It seems strange to pay for 2.5 years rather than have him play for us. I can only presume the relationship between him and the club has broken down to the point of being unreconcilable. I am guessing cap relief for the "no fault" stand down, will be used to prepay his salary so the impact is reduced in future years. Hopefully, we were able to negotiate a discounted salary as well. Otherwise we have a $500k lead weight for the next 2.5 years.

I think the whole thing is so sad. He has overcome a difficult upbringing to get this far. He doesn't seem to be able to escape his past enough to find a clear path to happiness. If he is found guilty, that is just a terrible outcome and I feel sorry for his wife/girlfriend having to endure this.

No winners here. The club, T May and least of all his wife/girlfriend. Just sad.
"Difficult upbringing" oh poor little thing. IF he's really belted a woman I hope he has a terrible life

Luke Bowden

First Grade
What?? What is the point? I assume this means he can play for another NRL team