What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Sime_11

Juniors
we had Romey Critta, Spencer, Tago, Mitch & prob more to extend when Dogs were going after Critta hard early 2023. Looks shocking now unfortunately.

same with Fish wanting a release this year - had that occurred earlier - we keep Romey 100%

clubs hand has been forced alot this decade - price of success etc

the fact we will look back on this time and look at the players we let go - its another top 4 team in the current era

Frankus

Juniors
Not sure what to make of this if it's true. Really feel for Laurie, who couldn't have been more impressive every chance he's been given, will always be cheaper, and has no ego. Guess time will tell. Apparently his brother is part of the deal.
Yeah I can't say I am happy with the signing of Talagi if true. I would have loved to have seen Daine given first crack at the 6. He has been very good this season.

WestyLife

First Grade
I have no inside info on Blaize but i would take anything in the media with a grain of salt. They’re just guessing.

Honestly looks like they run with social media rumours as fact. The rumours on social media are rightfully ignored by most. Until the media report it and suddenly the rumour has legs even though its only the same rumour we already saw and shrugged off.

Sometimes they get one right. But I dont see why the club would be going after Blaize when we have Cole, Laurie and Schneider signed for halves.

if its as a centre / back we have Tago, Alamoti, McLean brothers and Bizza. Unless he was coming on a cheap deal to become a star. Which I doubt he would be doing.

It's weird they've offered him big money and less competition for a starting position

MugaB

Coach
Yeah I can't say I am happy with the signing of Talagi if true. I would have loved to have seen Daine given first crack at the 6. He has been very good this season.
No way at 6... too much of a liability...
I love daine, but a back up 14 is all he would ever be for us

betcats

Referee
IF we've signed him i doubt we've garaunteed him the 6. He will have to prove the best option which he likely would, he is a huge talent.

soc123_au

Staff member
He can't be thought of as just a winger imo
Pretty much this. He doesn't fit the "maximum you pay for whatever position"

What he brings is pretty unique. Plus even though he is a midget in comparison to other wingers he isn't a liability under the high ball. He comes out on top more often than not. Part of that is structure, but he still holds his own.

Add to that he is the most loveable bloke to ever pull on a jersey. I wouldn't swap him for anyone.

Pomoz

Bench
Ummmm letting Critta go then signing Tago on similar coin?

Next year will be interesting to see how what is basically the Fish for Papalii 'swap' will go, but my bet is not so well.
Not a swap at all. Papali is a back rower. Smith and Henry are the Fish replacements. Lets see how Henry goes with another offseason under his belt. I think he is the closest to Fish. Fearless, probably a better motor, not as good a ball player.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Not a swap at all. Papali is a back rower. Smith and Henry are the Fish replacements. Lets see how Henry goes with another offseason under his belt. I think he is the closest to Fish. Fearless, probably a better motor, not as good a ball player.
He's just as good in the middle. Will be interesting to see what happens

Iamback

Coach
I’m big on Contracts and personally no fan of signing a guy who sooks to get out of one. Would love Too but if it was to ever happen would want to be done the right way.

the reason I came in here was that tigers forum saying we’re signing Harrison Hassett, I’ve never heard of the guy, any good?

Very young still Flegg Eligible next year. Runs great lines decent in defence needs to bulk up though

Vic Mackey

Referee
I want Papi in the middle tbh. He can bend the line and his biggest weakness is lateral movement in defence which is much less of an issue in middle.

the best game hes played for us was against the knights at 13, he scored 2 tries. i never wanted us to release him, and now that stefanos gone it looks even more ridiculous.

keep in mind i do think ipap is only as good as the half next to him, hence why he was great at parra but terrible hear when outside brooks/wakeham/sezer etc

Iamback

Coach
Looks bad now. At the time Critta signed with dogs plenty on here were saying he is not worth what he was already on at the time(less than what he left for), had we matched dogs then lost Tago many would've blown up. Unfortunately things shake out that way sometimes, plenty of time for Tago to make it look less bad.

Tago won't get his deal, No way he plays Origin to trigger the clauses