What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
Years ago our Player went into Origin and other players from other clubs were talking about how much they earned and he found he wasn't earning as much as they were, he was pissed and requested more from the club. Forget who the player was Moylan, Gower, Jennings? But the story is similar with To'o

Yes but To'o worth hasn't changed in that time. He would of known possible increase were out there

Thanks
That is my take on it. I doubt anyone is paying a winger much more than $650k as we are but regardless he would of shopped around
I don't wanna believe the rumours are true. In my mind when I heard "The club is shopping him around" I thought maybe it was a play to bring in Stefano. But now story has changed to him wanting more money.
I believe Brandy when he said nothing true about it.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yes but To'o worth hasn't changed in that time. He would of known possible increase were out there
He has been in multiple Origin camps now. No winger has been on more than his ~$635k.

He is on exceptional money for his position at a highly successful club. Most his teammates were current or former Panthers too. He would have long known how much their fortunes have changed.

I dont see the likes of Lomax or Best having made him feel underpaid. I think the opposite would be true.

Bizza also had a huge contract thrown at him from Warriors a few years ago. He chose to stay for less. He has long known he could get a tiny bit more elsewhere. Nothing has changed. Except he is getting paid exceptionally well for a winger here.

chrisD

Coach
Don't believe it, but if true I'm fine with it given the critical "unders" part of the story.

Though it makes sense from a manager's perspective long term if you fully believe in the player, bring him here for 1 or 2 seasons on unders and get then get that 900K+ a season for 4 or 5 seasons Luai/Crichton/Burton contract.

maple_69

Bench
You'd think if he was keen for more money, at some point in the last few years he would have looked at moving into the centres. I know his strengths are probably strengths best utilised as a winger but if I was an elite winger and wanted to maximise my payday, I'd be thinking about proving myself at a higher paying position and we've certainly had opportunity to give him a crack in the centres over Alamoti/May/Tago in the last year.

hindy111

Post Whore
He has been in multiple Origin camps now. No winger has been on more than his ~$635k.

He is on exceptional money for his position at a highly successful club. Most his teammates were current or former Panthers too. He would have long known how much their fortunes have changed.

I dont see the likes of Lomax or Best having made him feel underpaid. I think the opposite would be true.

Bizza also had a huge contract thrown at him from Warriors a few years ago. He chose to stay for less. He has long known he could get a tiny bit more elsewhere. Nothing has changed. Except he is getting paid exceptionally well for a winger here.

What's he getting paid? What is he worth?
I think 650k is fair. But I also think Tigers would throw him 750k

Black Diamond

Juniors
Just listed to a podcast where Danny and Chammy were speculation on the whole To'o situation and these Wally's came up with the theory that To'o loved hanging out with his crew at origin, misses them and wants to play with them. If this is true, which I highly doubt, To'o needs to be a big boy and grew a set.

I think it's just dumb journos making shit up.

unKwn

Juniors
Just listed to a podcast where Danny and Chammy were speculation on the whole To'o situation and these Wally's came up with the theory that To'o loved hanging out with his crew at origin, misses them and wants to play with them. If this is true, which I highly doubt, To'o needs to be a big boy and grew a set.

Chammas also said that the way the club handled crittas exist didn’t sit right with a few of the players

Roosters rule

Juniors

I haven't heard anything on To'o. But Weidler is well known to be fed by player agents. Could be a money angle by Ayoub?
As an outsider looking in. I do think someone. To'o, or Penrith didn't know what was going on initially. You don't usually call a player and manager in over a bullshit net rumour.

Latest posts