What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Murraymob1

Juniors
With the the crying winning by tigers supporters after last night game.I hear they may be renamed from the tigers to the wah wah strongly opposed by the warriors

Goonji

Juniors
Pretty impressive we are still putting out such a strong squad next year considering in 2025 a team of former panthers would like :

13.Salmon
12.Kikau
11.Capewell
10.Spencer
9. Api
8. Fish
7.Luai
6.Burton
5.Turuva
4.Critta
3.T May(yes i know)
2.Someone
1.Someone

Makings of a top four squad there. And thats not including the juniors that didnt play FG here like Katoa, Ison and some others. Could easily check katoa in the halves and Burto in the centres.
Charlie Staines

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I am not worried about Papali’i. He had promise at the Warriors despite being erratic. He had two excellent years at Parra that gives me hope.
I think he had instant regret in signing with the Tigers. His performances reflect a player who doesn't want to be there.

I tend to agree. You only need to look at Penrith Peach & Laurie compared to W/T Peach and Laurie to see there will be marked improvement.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Of course not but if you dont think a kid performing in nrl vs cup or flegg makes them more attractive to clubs then you are an idiot.
It makes them less of a risk, seeing their form against NRL players, but that also applies to the player’s current club. You shouldn’t have to overpay to keep your own juniors, but if their managers (and parents) are agitating to squeeze every last dollar out of the club then there’s no advantage to developing them.

betcats

Referee
It makes them less of a risk, seeing their form against NRL players, but that also applies to the player’s current club. You shouldn’t have to overpay to keep your own juniors, but if their managers (and parents) are agitating to squeeze every last dollar out of the club then there’s no advantage to developing them.

I dont really disagree with anything here. My whole point originally was basically a kid performing in the nrl becomes less of a risk then a kid who is seen as super talent but still playing flegg or cup. Its going to make clubs willing to spend more on them. If Talagi played out this year in flegg and cup would Penrith really be looking to sign him, bringing him over to meet with Ivan at his house? I mean sure he may of been on the radar, but would really be looking at a 19 yo reserve or flegg player as a genuine FG option for next year, potentially in the halves?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I dont really disagree with anything here. My whole point originally was basically a kid performing in the nrl becomes less of a risk then a kid who is seen as super talent but still playing flegg or cup. Its going to make clubs willing to spend more on them. If Talagi played out this year in flegg and cup would Penrith really be looking to sign him, bringing him over to meet with Ivan at his house?
Sure but we tried to extend him and he wanted to go to market. Fast tracking him to first grade was an act of goodwill, because relationships are a huge advantage. But after we sacked the coach all that went out the window. In any case, Talagi didn’t want to sign an extension from Jersey Flegg, just like Katoa. Some players and their families are only motivated by money, and who can blame them in the current economy.

Black Panther

Juniors
Sure but we tried to extend him and he wanted to go to market. Fast tracking him to first grade was an act of goodwill, because relationships are a huge advantage. But after we sacked the coach all that went out the window. In any case, Talagi didn’t want to sign an extension from Jersey Flegg, just like Katoa. Some players and their families are only motivated by money, and who can blame them in the current economy.
Katoa only left for an opportunity as he thought he was blocked long term at Penrith by Cleary and Luai. Not saying money wasn’t good though.

Latest posts