What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

lsta5838

Juniors
I was a bit worried about Kenny a couple of years back, but I trust our development team now so much, I think he has come on leaps and bounds. Went down to Wollongong with the family and friends and amazing, quick D and much better service from dummy half than years ago.

WestyLife

First Grade
You have massive issues, Tago does not, he has form issues, which will be temporary. In general I don’t think you’re geniused so I’m at a loss to explain how you rate outside backs. Fundamentally Naden was just completely f**ked and Staines is shit in contact, not a great reader in defence and sketchy cleaning up or taking kicks, without space in front of him he’s a plain liability. Tago is none of these things, sound tackler, when our defensive edge was settled he showed he knew how to read a play, strong in contact and erection inspiring feet. He’s nowhere close to a place where investing in him long term should be doubted.

You're completely wrong about Staines there. He reads very well in defence and his contact is good. He fixed those issues the year he won the premiership with us.

Last edited:

Murraymob1

Juniors
Anyone who ever doubts our back room staff and coaching staff Scott sorrenson is the classic example of what they achieved .Working on a building site cut by Cronulla and raiders.With us he is now .A 3 time grand final winner NZ international great career
I have no doubts they will have a programme set up for Talagi to me he is going great at center in a average team

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach
We have enough points in the team. Kenny doesn't need to do much in attack.

It's actually a nice thing to hold back. You saw it against the Sharks earlier this year with his short kick to Henry. That's a nice play to bring out in the finals when everyone thinks the attack is swinging left or right. Would catch out Tommy T I bet.

kinghippo

Juniors
Kenny, Edwards and even To’o are poster boys for how Panthers changed the game.

They don’t play how we all believed the best players in the game played their positions six or seven years ago.

Kenny doesn’t run much , Edwards passing and attack was questioned and to’o was to small.

We changed the game with effort players and low risk footy and these guys are currently the best in the world at it.

Edwards and To’o are now considered the worlds best in their positions, Kenny deserves to be in the conversation as well.

It’s taken a while for him to come out of API’s shadow but I couldn’t think of anyone else in the comp I would swap him for.

Last edited:

snickers007

Juniors
I still remember the first game I saw of To'o. Was against the Warriors - not sure if it was debut or not.

Anyway, they absolutely monstered him. Poor bastard got smashed every time he touched it.

We got rolled that night, and I remember thinking "this To'o guy just doesn't have it".

Happy to say I was very wrong. I haven't seen him ragdolled again since that match.

I also remember when Kenny came into grade, we won 7 or 8 in a row to salvage an otherwise dire season. I still remember the collective cheer when Timmy Grant retired so that we could squeeze Kenny into our Top 30 and keep playing him in first grade.

The tables turned for a while there, some pretty loud voices in the media were commenting how he couldn't pass from the ground and stifled our attack, and that him replacing Api would be worth 5-6 positions on the ladder.

The dude has silenced those critics, and some. Best defensive hooker in the game. Always brings the energy. A real unsung hero. He'll kill it for his 100th

Big Mick

Referee
If we have Talagi, he is only 19. Has shown physically he is up too it and has natural talent in multiple positions.

We have options in our team now.

2. McLean, 3. McLean, 4. Tago, 5. To'o, 6. Talagi, 7. Cleary, 14. Cole
2. Alamoti, 3. Talagi, 4. Tago, 5. To'o, 6. Cole, 7. Cleary, 14. Laurie/Trent
2. Laure, 3. Alamoti, 4. Tago, 5. To'o, 6. Talagi, 7. Cleary, 14 Cole

That's only 3 of the options, We will have 3 players for both wing and centre competing for starting positions and 3-4 players for five-eight.

Competition for spots is healthy.

betcats

Referee
Talagi could easily 14 as well. Covers 1-6 and he’s got the running game and size you could throw on for 10-15 mins if there are no injuries for some impact.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Talagi smart getting out of parra, when things weren’t good for us we had a bunch of very good prospects coming through unfortunately none reached their potential. Being in a s**tshow as a 19, 20 or 21yo would be depressing both mentally and physically.

Were such
If we have Talagi, he is only 19. Has shown physically he is up too it and has natural talent in multiple positions.

We have options in our team now.

2. McLean, 3. McLean, 4. Tago, 5. To'o, 6. Talagi, 7. Cleary, 14. Cole
2. Alamoti, 3. Talagi, 4. Tago, 5. To'o, 6. Cole, 7. Cleary, 14. Laurie/Trent
2. Laure, 3. Alamoti, 4. Tago, 5. To'o, 6. Talagi, 7. Cleary, 14 Cole

That's only 3 of the options, We will have 3 players for both wing and centre competing for starting positions and 3-4 players for five-eight.

Competition for spots is healthy.
We are such a good team. We can lose another 5 players and still find someone to replace them. Players from other clubs want to come here. I remember Ivan saying Winning is addictive. It sure bloody is..