What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
As McLean develops? Him and Talagi are both the same age aren’t they. Tago, McLean is our Centre pairing going forward. Talagi would seem to be the 6.

Except can Talagi kick well enough? In SG Ball he was a centre.

If people are right and Papalli has been signed as a middle then we need edges.

We have a few outside backs with the size to make very good edges. Especially after another pre season or 2

Iamback

Coach
Soro doesn't have the same wear tear on him as others his age from not playing first grade. Might be waiting awhile for him to slow down but he's arguably a better bench middle than second rower anyway

Don't get me wrong I am not against Papalli in the middle but to do that we need to find some edge backrowers

Bob

Juniors
Except can Talagi kick well enough? In SG Ball he was a centre.

If people are right and Papalli has been signed as a middle then we need edges.

We have a few outside backs with the size to make very good edges. Especially after another pre season or 2

Papali'i has said in an interview recently Ivan wants him in the 2nd row, not the middle

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm just saying you could bring in absolutely any first grade hooker and after let's say a full season would end up being just as good or better than Kenny.

Kenny legit gets to do what he does because of all the talent around him..similar player to Robson in the blues team (just make your tackles) I'm not saying he is a bad player I've always said that Kenny isn't all that good compared to all first grade hookers I wouldn't pick him in my top 5.

He is top 5 in defense. Attacks average ut how many good attacking hookers are there?

Big Mick

Referee
Tago looks to be back into form

Wasn't he up against Lucas all game? A backrower playing centre in place of Best?

That's how he got his massive contract extension based on 2-3 games earlier this year when there were re-shuffles down his side.

He's been getting better the last 3 weeks - but he's still a ways away yet from being back in form imo.

But the signs are at least looking very good. That Storm game will be a good test. He ripped them up a few times before - if he does it again - then I'll definitely say he's back on.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Wasn't he up against Lucas all game? A backrower playing centre in place of Best?

That's how he got his massive contract extension based on 2-3 games earlier this year when there were re-shuffles down his side.

He's been getting better the last 3 weeks - but he's still a ways away yet from being back in form imo.

But the signs are at least looking very good. That Storm game will be a good test. He ripped them up a few times before - if he does it again - then I'll definitely say he's back on.
Perfect summary. Will be interesting to see if Melbourne test him out in 2 weeks to try shatter his confidence or do they keep that up their sleeve for the finals?

Big Mick

Referee
Perfect summary. Will be interesting to see if Melbourne test him out in 2 weeks to try shatter his confidence or do they keep that up their sleeve for the finals?
I'm less worried about his defense if the right edge stays fit with To'o and Cleary either side of him.

That side of the field just needs to be consistent in play for a few weeks and the defense will be fine.

Sime_11

Juniors
i feel Cleary's defence was better yesterday which in turn gave Tago confidence - Cleary's clutch is on point at the moment but his defence is slowly improving.

good to see Tago in space again and to get across the tryline - its long overdue, hopefully he can string multiple good games together

Latest posts