What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
True, I see Henry playing Origin 1st. Origin has shown how much it has killed us this year, but still best defence in comp (which is weird for how much alot of us have complained about it all year)

It is hard to say cause of the middles type changing but unless a top 17 guy leaves then we won't spend up

Whino

Bench
Worth a read

From Spoon Bowl to NRL contenders: Talagi, Utoikamanu break silence on why they’re leaving Eels and Tigers​

By Christian Nicolussi

September 7, 2024 — 10.50am

Opportunities to play with Nathan Cleary and be coached by Craig Bellamy were the simple reasons Blaize Talagi and Stefano Utoikamanu signed deals with Penrith and Melbourne respectively for next year.
It is fair to say Talagi and Utoikamanu will not have to worry about playing in any future Spoon Bowls, as they did on Friday night for Parramatta and Wests Tigers.

Both players broke their silence after the game about their decisions to switch clubs, and why the sustained success at their new employers was simply too difficult to ignore.

Talagi said wearing Jarome Luai’s No.6 jersey alongside Cleary was every young player’s dream. He added his younger brother, Ryda, an Australian Schoolboys prop and Eels junior, was still weighing up a possible move to Penrith.

“I think there are a lot of things to it, but it was hard to turn down an opportunity like that [to play with Cleary],” Talagi said.

“The only time I spoke to him was after the Penrith game [a few weeks ago]. He had a few nice words.
“It was the hardest decision I have had to make of my life. But I feel like I made the right decision.
“The plan was to play No.6, but whatever happens, I am looking forward to it.

“He [Cleary] has been at the top of his game for the past few years now, so when you get the chance to play with someone like that, it is exciting.”

Last edited:

Crashtest

Juniors
In that Foxsports article it mentions that Talagi revealed his brother Ryda was still weighing up a potential move to Penrith.

Could be a good addition to our front row stocks for 2026, with next year spent developing his game in lower grades.

Iamback

Coach
In that Foxsports article it mentions that Talagi revealed his brother Ryda was still weighing up a potential move to Penrith.

Could be a good addition to our front row stocks for 2026, with next year spent developing his game in lower grades.

We have a few decent prospects signed up in Flegg. As well as a Tiger we brought across hopefully they slot in as Moses and co age

It is hard to say cause of the middles type changing but unless a top 17 guy leaves then we won't spend up
I have feeling Sorrenson would be the one. Even if it's a 3 year deal for someone it would allow Luron to develop, but in saying that if we do not bring someone in, Luton can do the 10-15 mins Spencer started off with.

Iamback

Coach
I have feeling Sorrenson would be the one. Even if it's a 3 year deal for someone it would allow Luron to develop, but in saying that if we do not bring someone in, Luton can do the 10-15 mins Spencer started off with.

Lets assume Papalli is backrow

It gives us

Moses
Kenny
Henry
Martin
Papalli
Yeo

???
Garner
Sorro
Smith

Assuming Garner is capable of playing centre still but Luron isn't even in the top 17

Lets assume Papalli is backrow

It gives us

Moses
Kenny
Henry
Martin
Papalli
Yeo

???
Garner
Sorro
Smith

Assuming Garner is capable of playing centre still but Luron isn't even in the top 17
The 14 position is still Trent's and Dane's at this stage. Luron will get game time as I don't think Sorro and Garner will play every game.

If he doesn't he will move on too.

Iamback

Coach
The 14 position is still Trent's and Dane's at this stage. Luron will get game time as I don't think Sorro and Garner will play every game.

If he doesn't he will move on too.

Depends Cole covers backs as well. Martin and Yeo will play Origin too will give game time to the fringe guys

Depends Cole covers backs as well. Martin and Yeo will play Origin too will give game time to the fringe guys
I don't want to see Cole at 5/8, so centre or utility is a good option.

For all the complaining we did this season about a few guys, we still have the best defence. Next season the only obstacle is playing at home away from home.

WestyLife

First Grade
Papalii should be in the middle imo. He's been much better for the Tigers after moving there post injury.

He'd have to play prop then. Would be an interesting fish replacement. I can't see him pushing Henry/Smith or at least hope not both have been great.