What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Fangs

Coach
He offers almost nothing with the ball. Let the mad man loose in the middle

He isn't a middle yet. Very different position. If he was a middle today he'd get 10-20 minutes stints off the bench.

He was doing the work Fraudner used to do on Friday. Running hard and almost dangerous lines through the defence. Takes a crazy man to do it and that's Martin. Combines with Cleary very well. No doubt he keeps right backrow next year.

Iamback

Coach
He isn't a middle yet. Very different position. If he was a middle today he'd get 10-20 minutes stints off the bench.

He was doing the work Fraudner used to do on Friday. Running hard and almost dangerous lines through the defence. Takes a crazy man to do it and that's Martin. Combines with Cleary very well. No doubt he keeps right backrow next year.

Something needs to give.

currently Garner is a starter
Yeo - enough said
Papalli offers something we don't have
Martin

Someone needs prop minutes at in the top 17

Original Name

Juniors
It was Martin's best game in 2024 and yet Garner had a better game. Really take time to let that sink in
It was just who Garner was running at that was the main factor in this. And I'm saying this as someone who stuck up for Garner when people were really harsh on him.

Hit Keary to generate ruck speed then spread to Garner's edge and isolate him on the young, small half or threaten to do so causing other players to come to try and body guard him more.

In the toughest of games Martin is the man. You can just see halves hate tackling him with the way he's built. Guys who are all elbows and knees are the worst ones to tackle. I'd guarantee any half would rather tackle Garner than Martin.

Fangs

Coach
Something needs to give.

currently Garner is a starter
Yeo - enough said
Papalli offers something we don't have
Martin

Someone needs prop minutes at in the top 17

That's a 2025 discussion.

If I had to choose right now then Papali'i is my front rower as the others appear more mobile.

And if they are all backrowers then bench Garner. The other two are international players. No shame in playing from the bench.

Iamback

Coach
That's a 2025 discussion.

If I had to choose right now then Papali'i is my front rower as the others appear more mobile.

And if they are all backrowers then bench Garner. The other two are international players. No shame in playing from the bench.

Being an international is irrelevant for me it is style of player

Do we agree that Alamoti replaces Turuva
Casey McLean comes in to centre?

Talagi's interview after last round sounded like his plan was to play 6.

That means we need the best defender and player that makes least errors in there. A list Martin runs 3rd in. 4th if count Sorro as a backrower

Being an international is irrelevant for me it is style of player

Do we agree that Alamoti replaces Turuva
Casey McLean comes in to centre?

Talagi's interview after last round sounded like his plan was to play 6.

That means we need the best defender and player that makes least errors in there. A list Martin runs 3rd in. 4th if count Sorro as a backrower
Do you think Papali’i makes less errors and is a better defender than Martin? We are talking about the guy who plays for the Tigers right?

WestyLife

First Grade
Do you think Papali’i makes less errors and is a better defender than Martin? We are talking about the guy who plays for the Tigers right?

Bit unfair judging him on being at the tigers. Garner is arguably our best second rower having come across from there. The tigers as an organisation isn't a reflection of the individual just look at Api.

Iamback

Coach

Despite playing for the Tigers Papalli has a better tackle % and error rate than Martin.

You'd expect that would improve further in a better system