What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Iamback

Coach
It's the come down that's going to hurt. But in saying that I never expected 2 in a row in the 1st place let alone 3.

I don't think we will fall far. Should still be a top 8 side just halves alone.

Sharks
Warriors and Dolphins got the 3 best back up half options we had.

If Blaize has no kicking game and we need to go to Schneider than we are in huge trouble

Pomoz

Bench
Turuva and an ageing Fish we won't miss as much as Luai. The lack of spark elsewhere is hidden by him
I think that's a fair point, bearing in mind it comes on top of losing Critta this year. Slowly but surely, the salary cap has reduced our attacking potency. Imagine if we still had Kikau and Critta? We would be so good they would need to change the rules to let others have a chance. As it is the salary cap is doing its job and making sure the talent gets spread around.

Next year we need McLean to step up and provide a strong attacking threat in the centres. Talagi has shown he can attack, we just need to fix his defence.

WestyLife

First Grade
Turuva and an ageing Fish we won't miss as much as Luai. The lack of spark elsewhere is hidden by him

Controversial opinion but cleary stays healthy and the 6 will just have to do their job. Nathan gets better every year and will be the best attacking halfback we've ever seen if he can just stay on the field consistently as he moves into his late 20s.

Iamback

Coach
I think that's a fair point, bearing in mind it comes on top of losing Critta this year. Slowly but surely, the salary cap has reduced our attacking potency. Imagine if we still had Kikau and Critta? We would be so good they would need to change the rules to let others have a chance. As it is the salary cap is doing its job and making sure the talent gets spread around.

Next year we need McLean to step up and provide a strong attacking threat in the centres. Talagi has shown he can attack, we just need to fix his defence.

Throw Api in there too. The reason we got through the games with May at 7 was cause Api and Yeo could handle the role.

Garner is good but not a good with the ball as Kiks
Same too with Api

McLean is part of that big off season needed

Iamback

Coach
Controversial opinion but cleary stays healthy and the 6 will just have to do their job. Nathan gets better every year and will be the best attacking halfback we've ever seen if he can just stay on the field consistently as he moves into his late 20s.

His strength is going to the line, that isn't good on the body so getting 15 games from him in a season is a good outcome.

Hopefully Talagi has a decent enough kick on him to take some pressure off Nathan

If he is playing Origin next season we still need a Cogger style back up

I don't think we will fall far. Should still be a top 8 side just halves alone.

Sharks
Warriors and Dolphins got the 3 best back up half options we had.

If Blaize has no kicking game and we need to go to Schneider than we are in huge trouble
I know there's no money but Wishart would have fixed that luai prob. He will end up at Parra or dragons

Sime_11

Juniors
i think Luai will be the hard loss - if Nathan goes down injured we are in trouble

Yeo, Dyl & Bizza can only do so much - we cant have players coasting for finals.

that said pencil us in for the 8, and should nab another top 4 finish in 2025 - i dont see alot of teams improving a great deal.

Iamback

Coach
i think Luai will be the hard loss - if Nathan goes down injured we are in trouble

Yeo, Dyl & Bizza can only do so much - we cant have players coasting for finals.

that said pencil us in for the 8, and should nab another top 4 finish in 2025 - i dont see alot of teams improving a great deal.

Injuries killed most teams this year. Enough have good runs who knows

WestyLife

First Grade
His strength is going to the line, that isn't good on the body so getting 15 games from him in a season is a good outcome.

Hopefully Talagi has a decent enough kick on him to take some pressure off Nathan

Yeah he said himself he has to adjust his training to keep the body good. DCE is similar and is doing well with injuries.

Whino

Bench

Talagi has some nice footwork. Whether there is a long-term half in there I don't know. Given how he was rushed into FG, He may be a slow burn that eventually comes good.

Looking back we have lost a lot of attacking potency. Guys that create something out of nothing. It is a trend of recent years.

The Guile of Api.
Crichton always had a habit of standing up for us in big games. Coming up with the big play. He hasn't hit his peak yet.
The wrecking-ball of Kikau on an edge. Gone are the days of give it to Kikau and see, or hope, he could conjured something up.
The impact of Spencer.
Luai when he is not running around in circles.
And of course Fish. One doesn't think or spark, but his intimidation and toughness will be lost. As will the stories I keep reading of him taking our young props under his wing for extra training sessions. Or growling at younger pups when one steps out of line. 'We don't do that at Penrith'

I get the salary cap and how we have to evolve with it. But it is sad to lose a whole heap of your favourite players. I grew up with 1-club players. Times have changed and we change with them.

Big Mick

Referee
We lose so much determination and just pure will without Luai and JFH.

Our squad next year seems more balanced than this year even - but we will definitely be weaker at the top end.