What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

crazy pineapple

Juniors
Went to that game also , won plenty on Sepoy in the slipper on the Saturday with a multi ending on him which paid for the whole weekend . Then went to the game on Sunday but we got stuffed , but great day . Was supposed to be a 3 year thing but never happened , i think the Peach was the organiser .
yea bang on. Peachey has family that originated from there. he taught you aussies its pronounced "toe-paw" 😆

snout

First Grade
I'm gonna say our starting 17 for round one will be unrecognisable from this season.
I'm thinking some of these blokes can read the writing. Fitz is shaking the joint up. Anybody who wore a jumper this year is looking over their shoulder at new signings for their spot.
Realistically the only blokes safe from 2021 are WK and the wingers.

I'll parrot the metcalf comments. I was excited by him but he knows he's behind at least 2 guys and the warriors have promised a shot. Why not.
A shame hannay didn't give him more time this year.

Barrel is a junior kangaroo so he has game. It took capes a while to find his level in the NRL - he was very good for us but once he went to a better system he went to SOO level.
Sorenson worked out his game as well.

Well we now have a good system.
We have competition at hooker.
In the halves and in 2 - 5.

Riccio reported months ago Fitz liked Tracey at centre.
I'm thinking he might struggle to make the starting side. Nobody runs harder and he's all heart - but hes just like the tin man. He needs something more.
Or is the scarecrow?
The lion?

Frenzy.

Immortal
I'm gonna say our starting 17 for round one will be unrecognisable from this season.
I'm thinking some of these blokes can read the writing. Fitz is shaking the joint up. Anybody who wore a jumper this year is looking over their shoulder at new signings for their spot.

I'll parrot the metcalf comments. I was excited by him but he knows he's behind at least 2 guys and the warriors have promised a shot. Why not.
A shame hannay didn't give him more time this year.

Barrel is a junior kangaroo so he has game. It took capes a while to find his level in the NRL - he was very good for us but once he went to a better system he went to SOO level.
Sorenson worked out his game as well.

Well we now have a good system.
We have competition at hooker.
In the halves and in 2 - 5.

Riccio reported months ago Fitz liked Tracey at centre.
I'm thinking he might struggle to make the starting side. Nobody runs harder and he's all heart - but hes just like the tin man. He needs something more.
Or is the scarecrow?
The lion?

Not yet. Won't know if we have a goods system till results are there to see. I couldn't even say it looks promising yet as there's been nothing to see. I feel positive but that's more hope to be honest.

If it doesn't go to the high expectations people are setting there's going to be almighty uproar

Sharks fans need to learn patience. :)

snout

First Grade
Not yet. Won't know if we have a goods system till results are there to see. I couldn't even say it looks promising yet as there's been nothing to see. I feel positive but that's more hope to be honest.

If it doesn't go to the high expectations people are setting there's going to be almighty uproar

Good systems in the fact fitz brings a transparency.
An accountability.
Non- performers won't be selected week after week like they have been for years

Fitz is big on defence as is price so we finally have an nrl defensive structure. Something we haven't had for years. These blokes know how to tackle they just didn't know why they needed to do it.
They'll f**king know now.

We will have leaders in the club. Something we havent had for years.

DF. CM. Will not for one second accept mediocrity. Not on the training paddock let alone game day.

When systems are put in place it allows the cattle to play to their optimum.
The way things have been run recently we could've had a SOO lineup and they wouldn't have won the comp

Last edited:

And they need to learn it NOW!

shadowboxer

First Grade

So true…
We were patient enough to finally see the team win a competition - but like most of society, we all want IT now. Not raging on the younger generation, but it is all about instant gratification.
The beauty of this future, is getting on at ground zero and watching it build up or possibly falling down.
First time since 2016 I can say I’ve even been remotely excited about the team

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Carayanis reports today that Zac Cini is on a train and trial contract as well as Jackson Ferris. Hopefully Jackson can put his injuries aside and get himself a full time deal, seems to be pretty highly rated.

Maccas4177

Juniors
There's a lot of talk about McInnes being a good leader, not accepting mediocrity etc but is coming from a very poor Dragons side - mainly because the Dragons let him go.
Genuine question - what makes everyone so sure he'll inspire the team? Obviously, Fitz loves him and he knows him better than anyone here - so I'm just curious.

ghoti

Bench

Couldn't disagree more.. can't speak for Fitz, but it sounds like part of the attraction to joining us at this time is that the skeleton of a side is there already.. back three work and have improvement in them, the pack is raw but most of it's there, combinations are working, our hooker and fullback and half options know each other's games. There's f**k all I'd change other than slotting the big names in and settling on a middle rotation, while getting the most out of Graham. There's a top 6 side just sitting there if it comes together, going the next step depends on development of the young guys around that core, and making smalls adjustments to talent where needed and as opportunities arise.. Fitz's shake up has been to cut the dead weight up top of the salary cap and rattle the bottom of the top 30 to build something from underneath. He's too smart to throw the baby out with the bath water!

DJDL

Bench

I try to be patient but it just winds up giving me the shits real quick.

Inferno

Coach
I’m a bit worried about Moylan. We could be loosing games waiting for him to fire, only for him to pick up an injury.
He's not on big coin and won't be starting. I wouldn't be too worried about it. There will be weeks we'll probably want to roll with 4 forwards on the bench anyway.

Quigs

Immortal
I still can't forget the memories of Moyz dogging it in a lot of games whilst on the big money. One particular game that sticks in my mind was when he was fullback and he was waiting for someone else to kill the pill in the ingoal. He just stood there watching it and eventually one of the opps dived through and forced the ball and trytime.

Straight after he (moyzie) looked around at all the nearby sharks players like it was their fault. He didn't want to commit, to make that extra effort.

The other sharkies knew whose job it was and their facial expressions said all that was needed.

I know it pissed me off big time.

Latest posts