What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Weaponhead

Coach
Metcalf is Nikorima. Very quick off the mark and that's it. Good luck to the kid trying to build a career and taking the opportunity. You get 1 shot so give your best. Wish him well.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Did anyone have Metcalfe in our top 17? I don’t think it changes much…

Not a fully fit 17.

Though still would have been interesting to see how he might go at centre. Doubtful now I guess.

Funnily enough if you go to the Warriors forum they're saying everyone (Sharks fans) thinks he'd be our starting half. They must be going to Facebook. Maybe their Facebook fans aren't as clueless as ours.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Maybe Fitz doesn’t think he fits the tough hard footy mantra he speaks about everytime he is asked.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Such fuss over a development player..

Scored a full time gig elsewhere, good luck to the kid.

Finally saw high lights of Miller, looks good, Graham, Moylan, Miller, Mulitano.

Has a great name if nothing else, I see Melbourne signed an All Black 7s player.

Some sort of gauge I guess.

ET tell him where to be be when tackling, just a few convos, Fitz, Hannay, Price and Holdsworth will do the rest.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I think it's more the guaranteed money. Can't blame him for being keen to make some money and if the Warriors are throwing any decent money its better than the current unknown position he's in now. Having been not retained at Manly too it's probably making him aware how much you need to make of your opportunities.

Even if we didn't keep Moylan and he was almost a lock for that 14 spot. It doesn't guarantee him anything for 2023. He's got a young family so good on him.

Still think the Warriors is the last team he should go too but it's only 2 years and would be good if the Sharks could offer him a better deal, enough to keep him. I'm not sure if he's a long term option but prefer we find out and not the Warriors.

We also have Rivett who's pretty highly rated.

I thought that CHT was highly regarded too, guess not anymore ?
Chad Halfwit Townsend?

Frenzy.

Immortal
That hooker we got from QLD cup is some scoop. Rodgers being his manager must have helped us but also for him he can back himself to beat Brailey. I watched the QLD cup final and the commentary team kept going on about how he was so far above every player in the comp.

Metcalfe. Whatever. We can afford to let him rot the year out on his development deal. Interesting the warriors have gone so hard for him.

Geez, they rapped him up didn't they. Have you watched the semis? He's good.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Did anyone have Metcalfe in our top 17? I don’t think it changes much…

Fekk no. Dozens of others here would have but you know how it is. Sharks fans turn on a sixpence when someone leaves. There were plenty of blokes, gals maybe too, that were shooting tadpoles or drenching pillows when he did half a dozen good things in bugger all game time.

The swings and roundabouts of our posters here is one of the great attractions of the joint.

Can someone tell me how stalkbook is reacting? I sorta, kinda wanna know but can't go there without getting pissed off. HAHAHA

Frenzy.

Immortal
CHT is a bit meh for me , but the bit of wiggle room i will give him is the guys he's been playing alongside and being coached by , could show big improvement with the right coaching and players around him , so maybe at the right price but we have a few halves hanging in behind already , wouldn't be a priority for me .
I mean he has had to play alongside Nikorima , doesn't help your game .

Has kinda always been meh to me too. He impressed a bit in year 1 but I find soooo many youngsters do as a bittova "they have that never been seen, never know what they'll do" thing. The precursor to 2ndYS.

But after I watched these highlights of him hitting big forwards like a Folkes or a Kneen made watch closer.

Only really value when it's all said and done if there's a plan to replace Metcalf. Which there may not be with BT, NH, CT & MM still on the books.

Yes

Yes

crazy pineapple

Juniors
Is Otahuhu where we took a game or two a while back?
how long ago are you talking? otahuhu is one of the top clubs back here in auckland they should definately look at forming a feeder club. that alone would pull alot of talent from around the south auckland area to play for otahuhu. win win

Bob Scott

Juniors
Think it was Lake Taupo. I went to the game
Went to that game also , won plenty on Sepoy in the slipper on the Saturday with a multi ending on him which paid for the whole weekend . Then went to the game on Sunday but we got stuffed , but great day . Was supposed to be a 3 year thing but never happened , i think the Peach was the organiser .

bluefox68

Staff member
Is Otahuhu where we took a game or two a while back?
I don’t actually know - I just stumbled across the article on Instagram.

I know we played the Warriors in Wellington a few years back, but Covid stopped that…

Tiger Shark

Bench
Fekk no. Dozens of others here would have but you know how it is. Sharks fans turn on a sixpence when someone leaves. There were plenty of blokes, gals maybe too, that were shooting tadpoles or drenching pillows when he did half a dozen good things in bugger all game time.

The swings and roundabouts of our posters here is one of the great attractions of the joint.

Can someone tell me how stalkbook is reacting? I sorta, kinda wanna know but can't go there without getting pissed off. HAHAHA
I'm a glutton for punishment so I can answer that

Mostly along the lines can't believe we've let another one go , why do we always let them go, should be starting over Hynes.

Pretty predictable but you still die a bit every time you read them

Latest posts