What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Tiger Shark

Bench
Rumour is that Teig will sign with Souffs (Uncle Bomber) . Heard this before and was iterated to me yesterday, geez I hope its not true.
Makes no sense to go to Souths imo

- they have two highly regarded edge forwards who aren’t going anywhere
- what if Uncle Bomber gets a HC gig*elsewhere? Now he’s at Souths and the reason he joined isn’t
* I don’t see this happening anytime soon

Roosters fans not fussed about losing Tuku.

Apparently very slow and not very aggressive.

Not that I thought the Roosters would let anyone decent go out of their system especially mid season.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Makes no sense to go to Souths imo

- they have two highly regarded edge forwards who aren’t going anywhere
- what if Uncle Bomber gets a HC gig*elsewhere? Now he’s at Souths and the reason he joined isn’t
* I don’t see this happening anytime soon
If he goes Iro will see opportunity to get into first quicker and Talakai to backrow.
It will free up some cash for Teddy

Special K

Coach
Rumour is that Teig will sign with Souffs (Uncle Bomber) . Heard this before and was iterated to me yesterday, geez I hope its not true.
I'll bet it doesn't happen mate. He is super close with a lot of the players at the club, has been given Wades role and the club want him to stay.

Also here is Teig when Bomber got sacked

Ask any NRL player what it is like when their coach is sacked and there are any range of emotions. But when the coach is your uncle and the man who gave you an NRL debut, it’s an entirely different matter.
Teig Wilton has remained quiet for a month since the Sharks sacked John Morris just five games into the season. He would be entitled to be angry, disappointed, maybe even a little bewildered. Just as he was starting to establish his NRL career, he had to deal with a relative – a man he idolised growing up – losing his job.

“There’s definitely no bad blood,” Wilton said with a shrug. “My mindset on it has been to try to stay out of it. I’m a Cronulla Sharks player first and foremost. I do what’s best for the club. What happened to ‘Bomber’ [Morris] was specific and personal to him.

“When you have family who aren’t in an ideal situation [it’s hard]. Growing up as a young kid he was always an exceptional role model to look up to and someone to aspire to be.
“The main thing I was worried about, I just wanted the best for Bomber. I was more concerned for him as a person rather than his career or what he does professionally. He’s handled this with professionalism and going towards his future, everyone knows he will be fine because of his character.

“There’s definitely no bad blood. My mindset on it has been to try to stay out of it.”
Teig Wilton
“He’ll push forward and the future will only hold good things.”
Less than a year ago Morris called Wilton into his office so the 21-year-old could phone his mother, Vanessa, Morris’ sister, to tell her he would be making his NRL debut. Vanessa had to duck out of the class she was teaching at Narooma High School to take the call.

It wasn’t quite the same as Brad Arthur giving an NRL debut to son Jakob, but it was the next best thing.
And after knocking back more lucrative offers to join rival clubs, Wilton is now trying to process what it will be like to work under Roosters assistant and incoming coach Craig Fitzgibbon.
Sharks youngster Teig Wilton.

Sharks youngster Teig Wilton.CREDIT:GETTY

If there was to be any awkwardness because of the situation, Fitzgibbon has quickly put that to bed with Wilton, the former NSW under-20s captain, still under contract at the Sharks until the end of 2023.
Only St George Illawarra’s Cameron McInnes, who will join the Sharks on a four-year deal next year, is under contract for longer at the Sharks.

“We only had a short conversation and from all reports he’s a legend of a bloke,” Wilton said of Fitzgibbon. “I’m really excited to work with him. I think we all understand it’s a professional environment and we just look ahead and treat it as it is. Nothing personal, it’s a professional game and we have to just roll with the punches.
“But I definitely want to be a one-club man and I want to be at Cronulla for the rest of my career. I hold no bad blood towards anyone.”

Wilton has been named on the bench for the Sharks’ clash against decimated arch-rivals St George Illawarra on Friday with caretaker coach Josh Hannay still searching for his first win since taking over from Morris last month.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I'll bet it doesn't happen mate. He is super close with a lot of the players at the club, has been given Wades role and the club want him to stay.

Also here is Teig when Bomber got sacked

Never rule out the Dolphins they have money to spend still

Not that I thought the Roosters would let anyone decent go out of their system especially mid season.
Well what would a fan say , losing a prospect ? Not saying its wrong but given we are supporting a new coaches judgement, He apparently sees something there beneficial to Sharks. Aggresion ? Maybe needs some face slapping sessions ala Roy masters in 80s. Slow ? Well i dont suppose we are looking for a Sprint king in the middle . Anyway , time will tell , More competition for spots is good.

Inferno

Coach

It did seem odd to me that they were missing 4 props and it didn't seem like he was close to first grade.

That said Fitz clearly knows him and hasn't bought a dud yet.

Last edited:

R-15-3

Bench
Has massive potential.
After watching some of his stuff he loves an offload but hands and fitness are issues.
Id be getting Martin Lang in for some one on one training for him.
Ban him from doing anything but straight up the guts hit ups for 12 months really simple stuff.
Strip his role right back, no crash plays, 2 wide receiving passes of Finucane, accept an extra second on his play the balls so they are perfect.
5-6 big hit ups in 15 min and energy sapping defence is all we need.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Kruise Leeming is looking for a NRL club, wants out of his super league team.
Hooker is a spot where Brailey does a job, but is this a guy someone who can go to next level

Latest posts