What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Chatting to someone inside at the Dragons and they have all but given up on Williams.

A good sign for us but doesn’t mean another club isn’t in the picture tho. Expect it to be sorted out very soon.
I think that other club is the Raiders, if it is I hope Jack seen how Ricky bagged his players after there loss to us

Special K

Coach
One of the first reports when Fitz got here was how much he loved Williams. I remember it shocked me because at the time I didn't see it. The one thing I know is if we want the player to stay, they stay. I just don't know how much money we have left.

Anyone who says from the sharks side of things they know anything is full of shit - unless it is riccio. Sharkies these days keep it close to their chest until something is done. That dragons view is interesting as you just know Flanno would be looking to fish here just like Gus is.

sharknows

Bench
Williams is from Cooma & I believe he came through the Canberra junior ranks. Let’s hope he doesn’t want to go home.

Special K

Coach
He also has been here since 2017, has gotten married and had a kid. Look at Nikora, that made him a lifer for us... Look at Holmes, who was dating a girl from Townsville. Shire claws!

Williams is from Cooma & I believe he came through the Canberra junior ranks. Let’s hope he doesn’t want to go home.
I think it depends on how much of an opportunity he gets with the Sharks this season. I would think he’s only going to stay if he’s regularly in the 17. Otherwise why would he hang around if he’s putting in match changing performances and not being rewarded for that?

bluefox68

Staff member
I think it depends on how much of an opportunity he gets with the Sharks this season. I would think he’s only going to stay if he’s regularly in the 17. Otherwise why would he hang around if he’s putting in match changing performances and not being rewarded for that?
The way he’s started the year - no way he drops out of the 17…
He has to be above O. Kaufusi, Tom H and Hunt…
Toby and BHU are constantly injured, so he’s an extremely important player.

Chimp

Bench
I’m sure he stays - just can’t see him wanting to leave, he’s happy here and we’re on the up, especially with AFB coming.
Plus, I suspect we’ll move heaven and earth to keep him - he can have his current deal plus whatever OK is on (and see ya later OK) - if need be, I even think we’d put Dale out to pasture to create more space.
There’s only 2 clubs I think could come for him that would create a challenge for us - Roosters and Storm, and I think they’re mad if they’re not having a serious play for him.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Williams has gone from a much-maligned figure to the first bench player picked for me. Can’t afford to lose him so I reckon the club will keep him at any cost. If that means Dale gets squeezed out then that’s fine with me

Craigshark

First Grade
Williams has gone from a much-maligned figure to the first bench player picked for me. Can’t afford to lose him so I reckon the club will keep him at any cost. If that means Dale gets squeezed out then that’s fine with me

mate, if Williams goes, I’m happy for Finucane to jump in his suitcase and go with him for nothing.

I’m sure he stays - just can’t see him wanting to leave, he’s happy here and we’re on the up, especially with AFB coming.
Plus, I suspect we’ll move heaven and earth to keep him - he can have his current deal plus whatever OK is on (and see ya later OK) - if need be, I even think we’d put Dale out to pasture to create more space.
There’s only 2 clubs I think could come for him that would create a challenge for us - Roosters and Storm, and I think they’re mad if they’re not having a serious play for him.
I can't see Roosters making play for him.
Dogs will of course.
Someone mentioned here that Dragons have missed out on him.
What could see his price jump, that's why I want this sorted out asap, NSW selection, he would be great player off bench and that will add to his value.
Could work two ways it's more we have to pay, or his thinks sharks got me to origin I will stay

carinashark

First Grade
Williams and Wilton where bagged a lot on this forum back when Bomber coached the side. They both have improved and stayed true.

With us signing AFB, I can only see us picking up maybe a backup player or 2 for next season.
Some.of these clubs will release players who would improve at the sharks

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Yep I'll put my hand up and say I wasn't a big fan of his a couple of years ago but he's definitely been one of our most consistent performers this last year or two. Appears to have thrived under Fitz. Lock him up...let OK go and give him some of the money left over from Rambo's greatly reduced contract next year. (Assuming it hasn't all gone on AFB). Very worst case...if he chooses to move on for bigger coin we have the middles covered with AFB and the emergence of Tuks.