What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Frenzy.

Immortal
Good job by Wahs and Panfs to keep this on the down low. Hasn't even been hints about this anywhere from my perspective.

Penrith's cap must be pharqued!

This might not be good for us in some aspects

Panthers might look at Jack Williams as a cheaper replacement.

Kaufisi might see opportunity there

There is a benefit though we have plenty of middles where we might be able to offload if Panthers come knocking Hunt or Hazelton just as examples and pick up a player in return

On JFH going to Warriors what I noticed is that the well run clubs these signatures just happen not played out in media.
Last night on 360 they were saying Roosters losing stack of players will they bank on youth.
Kenty said Roosters have way of getting player even if has 3 years left on contract.
We are now in that group of clubs who land players like this.

Chimp

Bench
It appears the Warriors are finally getting their shit together - they’ve always been a sleeping giant, if they can get their shit together off the field, their pathways working correctly and then the leadership right within their NRL squad, they could be an absolute behemoth of a club - it appears they’re getting there.
Separately, I reckon Madge knew this was happening - if anyone has listened to the Matty Johns podcast with him, he started talking about JFH and New Zealand and pulled himself back, he said something like ‘I won’t talk about that’, almost to himself, before just saying how much of a good leaderJFH is for New Zealand and how important NZ is to JFH.

Frenzy.

Immortal
It appears the Warriors are finally getting their shit together - they’ve always been a sleeping giant, if they can get their shit together off the field, their pathways working correctly and then the leadership right within their NRL squad, they could be an absolute behemoth of a club - it appears they’re getting there.
Separately, I reckon Madge knew this was happening - if anyone has listened to the Matty Johns podcast with him, he started talking about JFH and New Zealand and pulled himself back, he said something like ‘I won’t talk about that’, almost to himself, before just saying how much of a good leaderJFH is for New Zealand and how important NZ is to JFH.

Noted that. Madge speaks very well actually. Makes sense in what he says.

shadowboxer

First Grade
For what’s it’s worth, and SOO is worth not much more than a pot of wizz, NSW stand a way better chance with Madge than the pack of dicks running the show previously. Media driven agendas get in the way of performance.
And before someone asks about Slater or he’ll even Vautin, SOO is in the qld blood and are hell bent on success.
Fittler saw it as a play thing pure and simple

Reactions: PJ
For what’s it’s worth, and SOO is worth not much more than a pot of wizz, NSW stand a way better chance with Madge than the pack of dicks running the show previously. Media driven agendas get in the way of performance.
And before someone asks about Slater or he’ll even Vautin, SOO is in the qld blood and are hell bent on success.
Fittler saw it as a play thing pure and simple
Slater has the coaching intelligence no doubt.

Fittler had his favourites and his left field dumb ass selections which ultimately cost him his job. Yeah he stood down but the public were screaming for him to piss off.

Fittler is not a coach in any shape or form.

Madge can coach and I think he can get it done. There should be no loyalty shown to incumbents. We’ve lost the last two series. You don’t show any loyalty to that.

They’re might be a couple of “favourites” not getting picked this year and watch for some people and clubs screaming their tits off.

Slater has the coaching intelligence no doubt.

Fittler had his favourites and his left field dumb ass selections which ultimately cost him his job. Yeah he stood down but the public were screaming for him to piss off.

Fittler is not a coach in any shape or form.

Madge can coach and I think he can get it done. There should be no loyalty shown to incumbents. We’ve lost the last two series. You don’t show any loyalty to that.

They’re might be a couple of “favourites” not getting picked this year and watch for some people and clubs screaming their tits off.
Isaah Yeo is one who shouldn't get picked, very effective what he does at Penrith, in origin pretty well useless.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Isaah Yeo is one who shouldn't get picked, very effective what he does at Penrith, in origin pretty well useless.
I've seen little evidence that the Panthers systems translate to goes where 70% of the cogs and gears are missing. There whole plan is a complex process where everybody moves, in particular ways and to certain areas and each subsequent play pretty much depends on what everyone is doing. I think all team work on that TBH but they must do millions of reps to get it working. In the case of Yeo he's the set up guy and they all know what he's setting up. His other role is as the distractor for Clearasil.

NSW get a bit caught up on this notion of having club combos and I agree in a broad sense that this hasn't been greatly successful.

Frenzy.

Immortal
There's 3 other words for the way the rot set in pre Fittler.

From 1980 till 2005 it was Q26 games/12 series wins to N27 games/12 series wins (not counting 80/81 as series as they were stand alone)

Then came 8 series in a row (11/12 overall) for Queensland from 2006/2014. That rot set in because of three different words

"Too many Roosters"

bluefox68

Staff member
There's 3 other words for the way the rot set in pre Fittler.

From 1980 till 2005 it was Q26 games/12 series wins to N27 games/12 series wins (not counting 80/81 as series as they were stand alone)

Then came 8 series in a row (11/12 overall) for Queensland from 2006/2014. That rot set in because of three different words

"Too many Roosters"
The NSW power-brokers failed to realise that Cam Smith, Cronk, GI & Slater weren’t just the product of the Storm system, but they were actually supremely talented in their own right.

So they tried to duplicate this by picking club combinations…

Frenzy.

Immortal
The NSW power-brokers failed to realise that Cam Smith, Cronk, GI & Slater weren’t just the product of the Storm system, but they were actually supremely talented in their own right.

So they tried to duplicate this by picking club combinations…
Sort of foxy. Remember the last Big 4 didn't start with those fellas

Originally was Lockyer (c), Smith and Thirsty. No club combos there. At the beginning of "the run", 2006, 3 fullbacks were used in that series. Mango, Harmichael Cunk and Schifcofske.

I don't think Qld ever consciously picked combos but conned NSW into thinking they did. They just pick the best players and I think they are very good at assessing who are "origin" players.

NSW will start winning when they ditch the boys club, golden haired boys must play approach.