What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

PJ

First Grade
Lachlan Galvin wants out at the Tigers. His manager has asked for a release. Poor boy is struggling with losing, boo hoo. Another entitled twat

here

Breaking contracts really sh!ts me and is a blight on the game (fully realise that we are the beneficiaries with AFB an d others)

Love to see the NRL come out and say unless it is an exceptional circumstance (a close family member with a significant health issue in another state for example) a contract is set and won't be broken.

Peach & Apricot

Juniors
Breaking contracts really sh!ts me and is a blight on the game (fully realise that we are the beneficiaries with AFB an d others)

Love to see the NRL come out and say unless it is an exceptional circumstance (a close family member with a significant health issue in another state for example) a contract is set and won't be broken.
Agreed

coolumsharkie

Referee

Pretty sure there is a mutual agreement clause in most contracts. Look at B.Hunt for example, Tallis famous sit the season out etc

I remember when he made his debut I posted somewhere here there is your next Roosters 5/8.
Entitled probably is, but at same time there Tigers are offloading players under contract.
That's where it gets messy.
So they can discard a player they don't want under contract but when someone wants to leave they cant

Tiger Shark

Bench
I remember when he made his debut I posted somewhere here there is your next Roosters 5/8.
Entitled probably is, but at same time there Tigers are offloading players under contract.
That's where it gets messy.
So they can discard a player they don't want under contract but when someone wants to leave they cant
They can't discard them though, the player still need to agree to go to another club.

In both scenarios there's an offer and acceptance - a player or club wants to break a contract and in return the club or player needs to be ok with it.

cb4

First Grade
For us? No thanks. Kid wants half a million and has proven nothing in first grade.
If he was having an Ethan Strange like season, sure, but he is pretty average. I get it, the team he is playing in blah blah blah, but his assists in everything are way down the bottom of the barrel in the NRL.

I hope the Tigers di their heels in and make him see out the remaining 2 years.

Reactions: PJ

cb4

First Grade

Your exceptional circumstance is the exact reason we are getting AFB.
I am with you though, players who don't like the system, or hate losing, or don't like the training methods shouldn't be able to break contracts, and they definitely shouldn't be able to go and get a bigger pay day.

If Galvin wants out, and gets out, he should only be allowed to sign at the new club for the terms of his current contract.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Your exceptional circumstance is the exact reason we are getting AFB.
I am with you though, players who don't like the system, or hate losing, or don't like the training methods shouldn't be able to break contracts, and they definitely shouldn't be able to go and get a bigger pay day.

If Galvin wants out, and gets out, he should only be allowed to sign at the new club for the terms of his current contract.
Yep agree...but it's still open to sweeteners on the side regardless. Can't tell me that doesn't still exist with certain players on occasion.

Reactions: PJ

txta2

Bench
Well Tommy has extended till 2025, but can still talk to other clubs November 1. Also this
"Obviously, I want to spend the rest of my career at the Sharks, but at the end of the day, it's a business and they have got to do what's right for them and I have got to do what's right for me and my family,” Hunt told NRL.com.

Reading this it looks like Hunt is on the outer

Maybe then if player wants to break contract, let them.
Say you have 10 players who want out.
Come end of season there is a draft of these players.
For example Tigers get pick 1st if they match the deal of the player involved they go there.
So for Galvin let's say the club leaving can't draft you next up could be Titans that's where he goes.
Players would not want out then

txta2

Bench
There will be a prop exit next year before contract is over for sure..... but who knows which one