What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Yeah but, fill in the blanks

What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?
What if.....?

etc, etc ad infinitum
Challenge accepted when i get the time :)

R-15-3

Bench
What’s the bet Josh Jackson tries his had at owning/managing a pub, I’m sure Luandy could find one for him.

Quigs

Immortal
I've only seen a few post ups about Josh pulling the pin. What is the verdict, did he make the decision on his own accord or did some one tap him on the shoulder.

Seems strange to me that he would want to go with the Dogs obviously strengthening the entire outfit.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I've only seen a few post ups about Josh pulling the pin. What is the verdict, did he make the decision on his own accord or did some one tap him on the shoulder.

Seems strange to me that he would want to go with the Dogs obviously strengthening the entire outfit.
Read into it what you will, I read that all the quotes are from the club. I'm backing a tap on the shoulder.

Bulldogs icon drops retirement bombshell

carinashark

First Grade

Why Matt Lodge is willing to take a pay cut to stay at Roosters

Matt Lodge has broken his silence on his future in the NRL as Roosters coach Trent Robinson revealed he wants the former Broncos enforcer at Bondi next season.
Lodge has ended months of uncertainty over his NRL career by declaring he intends to sign with the Roosters – and is even prepared to take a pay cut in his pursuit of a maiden premiership ring at the Tri-Colours.

Lodge signed a short-term deal with the Roosters late last season, playing nine games for the club, including their finals loss to South Sydney, after his controversial mid-year departure from the Warriors.

As the NRL prepares for its new contracting period on November 1, Lodge remains without a deal for next season, but is adamant he will be in Roosters colours in 2023.

Matt Lodge wants to stay at the Roosters. Picture: NRL Images

Matt Lodge wants to stay at the Roosters. Picture: NRL Images

“I plan to be there next year,” Lodge said, speaking for the first time about his plans for next season.

“I haven’t spoken about it before but I will be at the Roosters next year.

“I really enjoyed the end of the season, so I don’t really want to be anywhere else.

“I haven’t even reached out and looked anywhere else to see if there is any interest, I’m loving it at the Roosters and I hope to be coached by ‘Robbo’ (Robinson) next year.”

Robinson is confident the Roosters will have the salary cap space to accommodate Lodge, who chalked up his 100th NRL game in the club’s playoffs loss to arch-rivals the Rabbitohs.

“Matt hasn’t signed yet but we’d like to keep him for next year,” said Robinson, currently in England assisting France at the World Cup.

Lodge pocketed an estimated $2.3 million from payouts at the Broncos and Warriors over the past 15 months, enabling him to operate on a cut-price $100,000 deal at the Roosters for the final two months of the 2022 season.

Lodge has enjoyed learning from the best at the Roosters. Picture: NRL Images

Lodge has enjoyed learning from the best at the Roosters. Picture: NRL Images

Brisbane’s big-money subsidy ends next year, but Lodge says he is happy to sacrifice big bucks in pursuit of an elusive premiership.

“The money doesn’t bother me,” he said.

“If I have to cop a pay cut to be there, that’s what I will do because I’m learning so much at the club.

“As a player, that’s the most important thing.

“The way Nick Politis (Roosters chairman) and Trent looked after me and welcomed me, I want to be a part of that team and if the Roosters can fit me in and make me a part of the team again, that would be great.

“My money from the Warriors and Broncos is all over, so I’m back to square one now.

“I’m not on much at the Roosters but money isn’t a factor for me next year, I’m keen to keep learning from some of the best players in the game.”
Ok so he is talking to the Sharks

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Gives the dogs another 600K. Why do I feel like they are being gifted a GF win in the next few years.

Chimp

Bench
RTS dropped out of the all blacks squad.
Come on Fitz work some magic.
I’m a fan of Kennedy, so am not one of those looking to push him out after a couple of very poor games after a long injury lay-off….. HOWEVER… If we could snag RTS - I’m happy to personally pay for Kennedys flight to the dolphin or wherever.

bluefox68

Staff member
What about Tyson Frizell? Apparently Knights are shopping him around… Seems like Fitzy’s type…. Hard-working - skilled… No nonsense

Frenzy.

Immortal
What about Tyson Frizell? Apparently Knights are shopping him around… Seems like Fitzy’s type…. Hard-working - skilled… No nonsense
= Dale and Cameron.

He doesn't offer a point of difference IMO. Need a prop first JAO.

John Bateman looks like being a Tiger. Wonder if that affects the Brooks/Klemmer swap?

bluefox68

Staff member
= Dale and Cameron.

He doesn't offer a point of difference IMO. Need a prop first JAO.

John Bateman looks like being a Tiger. Wonder if that affects the Brooks/Klemmer swap?
Good pick-up for the Tigers…

I’d be happy to get Klemmer…

Frenzy.

Immortal
If the Tigers get Frizzell it would help us. Although they probably wouldn't need to shed Klemmer.

Apparently signed a young Sgt Wilson. Bit of a ladies man I hear . Could be trouble. Maybe can get Captain Mainwaring as well. How good would Private Godfrey go as a middle and enforcer?