What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Frenzy.

Immortal
Well whatever happens with Klemmer, Matt Lodge is on a train and trial contract at the Roosters.

I don't think Hastings/Klemmer swap is as close as the media says. I don't think Klemmer decides till the cap is announced in case someone can up an offer.

Chimp

Bench
I’m just praying we don’t end up in bargain basement and end up with someone like Tapau.
He didn’t play well yesterday, but I’d be tempted to have a dig at getting Jack Wellsby from St Helens - the lad who’s been playing 6 for England. He’s only very young, but has a touch of the Munsters about him. He’s a big body, natural ball player, strong runner, and has a fair bit of winning experience at such a young age. Wouldn’t cost the earth either. Can play 6, 1 or centre.

I’m just praying we don’t end up in bargain basement and end up with someone like Tapau.
He didn’t play well yesterday, but I’d be tempted to have a dig at getting Jack Wellsby from St Helens - the lad who’s been playing 6 for England. He’s only very young, but has a touch of the Munsters about him. He’s a big body, natural ball player, strong runner, and has a fair bit of winning experience at such a young age. Wouldn’t cost the earth either. Can play 6, 1 or centre.
Pretty impressed what I've seen of him this tournament

Frenzy.

Immortal
Welsby is a GUN. My favourite pommie player.

I think he'd cost a bomb to be honest after Saints whack a transfer fee on him.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
The Tigers still don’t get it. They are making a decision on another players demands. Looking to offload one of their most energetic confident creative players just so he doesn’t upset the import who is likely to get homesick again.

Play for the club and buy in or f**k off

Chimp

Bench
Welsby is a GUN. My favourite pommie player.

I think he'd cost a bomb to be honest after Saints whack a transfer fee on him.
Yeah, he’s have a big transfer fee, but my understanding is that they don’t count on the cap anymore - I’m only worried about what he costs on the cap, and I think there’d be plenty of value there.
One of the things I really like about him, he’s got that aggressive, arrogant swagger about him - little things like the way he was eyeballing the Samoans when they were doing their war dance thing, he’s not afraid of the battle.
The Tigers still don’t get it. They are making a decision on another players demands. Looking to offload one of their most energetic confident creative players just so he doesn’t upset the import who is likely to get homesick again.

Play for the club and buy in or f**k off
They really don’t get it - that being said, I’m led to believe the positive image Hastings portrays publicly is still very different to how he is around his teammates day in, day out - but I do think that’s driven because he’s a super competitor. Bateman is a tool - a complete nob off the pitch.

Special K

Coach
3 clubs have now paid transfer fees for Bateman and he has not finished one of the contracts.

Tigers need someone who is a bit of a merkin. Their recruitment is a big step up for next season but I think Bateman will be a bust.

Special K

Coach
Closer to home with his young family. Strangely though I think he would be better off at the Bulldogs given what they are bringing in/spending. The dogs seem to have a plan where as the Knights are just all over the shop. Also watch him end up their 6 and Ponga back at 1.

Last edited:

crazy pineapple

Juniors
yea miller did his job for us this year. he was a 28 year old unknown and i think this shows what sort of human fitzgibbon is. he knows lachies not in the starting team next year so would rather him prosper somewhere else. we also dont want him getting in the way of dykes development

id prefer to keep him but yea, leaves with my well wishes

crazy pineapple

Juniors
true. fitz might not be aware of this..

he played his worse footy on the wing anyway

enter taukamo. or a gun knights junior in return. or hiroti

Craigshark

First Grade
Reckon stonestreet goes ahead of Miller for a spot on the wing. I like Miller, but happy to see him take a proper chance/opportunity for a more regular fullback starting spot.

bluefox68

Staff member
Have I missed this in the posts?

Taj Brailey re-signed for 2 years…

Source: Titan Sports Management