What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

DJDL

Bench
Anasta said worth max $300k and no one has made an offer.
Let's say that happened he still drops min of 1.5m if no offers 2.4m, you would think his manager has been saying make sure your weight is ok

Kent said something about he needs to be careful the club he goes to otherwise he’ll be playing for Salford in three years.
I reckon he’ll be playing for them in 3 months, maybe even weeks.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Kent said something about he needs to be careful the club he goes to otherwise he’ll be playing for Salford in three years.
I reckon he’ll be playing for them in 3 months, maybe even weeks.
Union is my bet

Stake Removed

First Grade
I checked his stats from NSW cup last week, they were bad and he was playing lock for 80 mins.
Put it this way Woodsy played 50 metres close to same amount of runs and more metres.

And we know if he is out pointed you, going bad

Chimp

Bench
Not one club interested
Court case odds increased, I hope he takes them to court, another distraction is good for them
I see they’ve given him 2 weeks leave, to go away and consider his options. This is a smart move by Manly - they’ve not done it for him to consider his options at all, they’ve done it knowing with 2 weeks off, he won’t be disciplined enough to train properly, he’ll eat Maccies and KFC everyday and he’ll come back even fatter, which will then justify them pulling the trigger. Smart move, if Schuster falls for it, he’s an even bigger mug than I thought, which I didn’t believe possible.

I haven't exactly followed this whole saga closely so tell me if I've got it wrong.

Manly originally thought they could manufacture Schuster into a full time 5/8 and pushed Foran out the door to keep him

They then gave him huge money paying for potential and so far it hasn't payed off

He was injured or ill over the off season and then started the year in reserve grade

Manly now have decided they made a mistake and are trying everything to push him out the door because they f'ed their own salary cap and blame Schuster not their own moronic decision making.

From the outside looking in Manly are as usual a scumbag club and this has seibolds grubby paws all over it too. And yes I'm still bitter about 3 months vs 2 years with Stephen Dank.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I haven't exactly followed this whole saga closely so tell me if I've got it wrong.

Manly originally thought they could manufacture Schuster into a full time 5/8 and pushed Foran out the door to keep him

They then gave him huge money paying for potential and so far it hasn't payed off

He was injured or ill over the off season and then started the year in reserve grade

Manly now have decided they made a mistake and are trying everything to push him out the door because they f'ed their own salary cap and blame Schuster not their own moronic decision making.

From the outside looking in Manly are as usual a scumbag club and this has seibolds grubby paws all over it too. And yes I'm still bitter about 3 months vs 2 years with Stephen Dank.
Yeah.

I think Schyster has Mario Tartak managing him. He's the dude who took a heap of players to Manly and got overs. He got Aaron Woods a deal FFS.

Last edited:
Yeah.

I think Schyster has Mario Tartak managing him. He's the dude who took a hep of players to Manly and got overs. He got Aaron Woods a deal FFS.
Which in turn brings about one of those annoying yank sayings that's crept into the game. Woodsys a "good locker room guy".

DJDL

Bench

You missed the bit where Manly offered the upgrade on the basis that they didn’t want to lose him to the Tigers, who were offering ridiculous money.

Then when Benji put his foot down and said “no pharquing way do I want him”, and the Tigers pulled their offer, Schuster’s manager said “quick, sign the Manly deal before they pull it as well”.

And here we are.

Stake Removed

First Grade
You missed the bit where Manly offered the upgrade on the basis that they didn’t want to lose him to the Tigers, who were offering ridiculous money.

Then when Benji put his foot down and said “no pharquing way do I want him”, and the Tigers pulled their offer, Schuster’s manager said “quick, sign the Manly deal before they pull it as well”.

And here we are.
I hope Manly have to carry him, it means they will lose a player over it

dinghydi

Juniors

And here we are.
Is this true or conjecture? If it's true can you tell me the officials involved from those clubs ? I have a big coathanger type bridge, I'm trying to sell. Excellent location! It's near a harbour ,and world class entertainment venues . Lots of users everyday !. I think these guys would be interested.

Frenzy.

Immortal
How long till the Iro to the Roosters rumour gets a run? What with Manu turning Japanese and all.

Or do they lay their faith in Mark Nawaqanitawase?

Chimp

Bench
How long till the Iro to the Roosters rumour gets a run? What with Manu turning Japanese and all.

Or do they lay their faith in Mark Nawaqanitawase?
Manu won’t be replaced, as he’ll be back half way through next year. When the Japan season ends (and he’s earned a squillion), he’ll have a miraculous change of heart and come back to the roosters on a cut price deal, and everyone will be delighted he’s back home in our game.
It’s all an elaborate rort. I wrote the scenario on a post a while back, I’ll dig it out and share it in here…..

Chimp

Bench
Here we go…. Stage 1 complete;

Answered it for me - the Japan season is much shorter, and thus gets him back to the NRL in time for 2nd half of the season. The Japanese clubs would also be much more willing to ‘cut a deal’ which may see a player receive a big ‘third party’ payment. France teams would be less likely to do a 1 year deal too.

So let’s play hypothetical situations.

Dragons were reportedly willing to pay him $1.3m per season, which he declined. Roosters can only reportedly get to around $800k, which he’s declined.

He signs with Japanese club, who media reports/speculation say may be willing to pay him $1.5m for a short season (though there’s be nothing to stop them paying let’s say $1m, but a 3rd party benefactor from let’s say Sydney, could give him the extra $500k). He plays out the season, realises he’s really missed the NRL and wants to come back, but only to the Roosters, so is back for the 2nd half of the season. Roosters can still only afford $800k per year, so he signs a 2.5 year deal. Gets the $400k for year 1 for half a season.

So….
If he signed with the Dragons, he’d have earned $3.9m over that 3 year period and suffer the indignity of playing for the Dragons.

If he’d just signed with the Roosters, he’d have earned $2.4m (and everyone would have claimed a rort due to difference in earnings from Dragons offer)

Or he does the old Japan trick… he gets $1.5m for Japan, plus $400k from Roosters in year 1 - putting him at $1.9m for the year. Then 2 years at $800k, giving him a total of $3.6m over 3 years. And the Roosters get their man, for $800k per year. Equally, the Roosters could give him the full $800k in year 1, even though it’s just half a season, and he ends up earning $4m, so just above the Dragons offer.

Obviously that’s all speculation, but it’s not a far stretch, and certainly not beyond the realms of possibility. The rort is on!

Latest posts