What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

shaggs

Coach
I've been thinking about this for the last 2-3 weeks. It is crazy because I have thought Foran was cooked for 8 years.

Foran would be unbelievable for Nicho. We wouldn't need him every week but the older half in the game is now what the old hard head prop was 10 years ago. I think you need one old half in your top 30.
Look at th Le roosters.
Signed Chad for the old headness.
chad wouldn’t be anyone’s primary 7, but will do the role they need

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Your sternum might be fine but the word on the street is that your sphincter is well bored.
My sphincter is never bored. If it thinks it's getting bored it goes for a long run. Or sits and strains while I do some squats.

It can even let me know when it needs an accountant. To work it out with a pencil

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I've been thinking about this for the last 2-3 weeks. It is crazy because I have thought Foran was cooked for 8 years.

Foran would be unbelievable for Nicho. We wouldn't need him every week but the older half in the game is now what the old hard head prop was 10 years ago. I think you need one old half in your top 30.
I think he needs a veteran.

Been looking at other halves and their progression. Made very rough comparisons but there is still potential to see an emerging pattern

Tom Dearden - had 31 games as a half at Broncos and Cowboys as a half. Was pretty much doing nada. Then they bring in old man Chadwick, move Dearden to 6 and now he is a gun who plays SOO

Tanah Boyd - Ordinary player. His start has been a lot of bench games as backup 9. 11 games at 6 and 27 games at 7. then in comes Methuselah Foran. Boyd now settling at 6 and starting to play some good footy.

Lachie Galvin - This one is different, he may be just as good as mooted. In season 1 at least. Has had SFA games but has jumped out of the box even more since Father Time Sezer came back into the team.

Isiaya Katoa - 36 games, most at half. Benefits from having Grandpa Kodi next to him. Even makes Grandpa look good.

Lachlan Ilias - 53 games next to Uncle Cody. Still didn't get to where he should have been but played more like a half than our man and was a natural kicker of the footy,

Sam Walker - now at 70 games Took his time. Always brilliant but erratic and immature. Has had the benefit of Poppy Keary next to him the whole way.

Nicho Hynes - 58 games at halfback. Being manufactured into a half by his coach with a supporting cast of mostly Trindall and cameos by DA. Played his best when Moylan was with us and now has arrested development (hindsight might suggest moving Moyza on was a phuque up). Nicho not a natural kicker in general play. Yada, yada, yada.

I could easily be sold on putting one of my favourites in the shop window for the sake of the team. Business decision. B Trindall. I'd do it just to bring in a mentor for Hynes. They are scarce. None come to mind other than Sezer but I'd be surprised if the Tigers don't take up his mutual option to continue working with the Tiger cubs.

It also would have to be a journeyman IMO as we wouldn't have the moolah for a gun.

Nikorima is free for 2025.

Back to the world of dreams

Weaponhead

Coach
I think he needs a veteran.

Been looking at other halves and their progression. Made very rough comparisons but there is still potential to see an emerging pattern

Tom Dearden - had 31 games as a half at Broncos and Cowboys as a half. Was pretty much doing nada. Then they bring in old man Chadwick, move Dearden to 6 and now he is a gun who plays SOO

Tanah Boyd - Ordinary player. His start has been a lot of bench games as backup 9. 11 games at 6 and 27 games at 7. then in comes Methuselah Foran. Boyd now settling at 6 and starting to play some good footy.

Lachie Galvin - This one is different, he may be just as good as mooted. In season 1 at least. Has had SFA games but has jumped out of the box even more since Father Time Sezer came back into the team.

Isiaya Katoa - 36 games, most at half. Benefits from having Grandpa Kodi next to him. Even makes Grandpa look good.

Lachlan Ilias - 53 games next to Uncle Cody. Still didn't get to where he should have been but played more like a half than our man and was a natural kicker of the footy,

Sam Walker - now at 70 games Took his time. Always brilliant but erratic and immature. Has had the benefit of Poppy Keary next to him the whole way.

Nicho Hynes - 58 games at halfback. Being manufactured into a half by his coach with a supporting cast of mostly Trindall and cameos by DA. Played his best when Moylan was with us and now has arrested development (hindsight might suggest moving Moyza on was a phuque up). Nicho not a natural kicker in general play. Yada, yada, yada.

I could easily be sold on putting one of my favourites in the shop window for the sake of the team. Business decision. B Trindall. I'd do it just to bring in a mentor for Hynes. They are scarce. None come to mind other than Sezer but I'd be surprised if the Tigers don't take up his mutual option to continue working with the Tiger cubs.

It also would have to be a journeyman IMO as we wouldn't have the moolah for a gun.

Nikorima is free for 2025.

Back to the world of dreams
All of those are kids and none had been Dally M player of the year nor on a million a year. Hynes needs to harden up and get on with it. No security blankets. He has shown that he can play at a high level so get back to it.

I keep seeing Hynes is like SJ, how old is he, can't he still can't control a game.
The amount of time he will kick ball dead make wrong decision when team is behind.
Nicho is the same, I have my concerns he can control a game when the pressure is on.
Burton has played as long in the halves as Hynes and I think has developed better then him

Frenzy.

Post Whore
All of those are kids and none had been Dally M player of the year nor on a million a year. Hynes needs to harden up and get on with it. No security blankets. He has shown that he can play at a high level so get back to it.
Well, he was really only the Dally M winner because there was no one taking points off him and the Sharks won a lot of games. He also had the element of surprise being new to the club and new in a role the other teams hadn't seen him in.

The comparison is not age but games at halfback. He's still a rookie half for mine as he had played bugger all NRL till he came to us. Perhaps we have him on too high a pedestal.

Reactions: PJ

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I keep seeing Hynes is like SJ, how old is he, can't he still can't control a game.
The amount of time he will kick ball dead make wrong decision when team is behind.
Nicho is the same, I have my concerns he can control a game when the pressure is on.
Burton has played as long in the halves as Hynes and I think has developed better then him
Burton is a 6. Not to mention a bum.

Weaponhead

Coach
Well, he was really only the Dally M winner because there was no one taking points off him and the Sharks won a lot of games. He also had the element of surprise being new to the club and new in a role the other teams hadn't seen him in.

The comparison is not age but games at halfback. He's still a rookie half for mine as he had played bugger all NRL till he came to us. Perhaps we have him on too high a pedestal.
He is on too high a pedestal right now. It's up to him to aim up. He wants to be the man, then act like it. Age is a factor in terms of maturity. He is a grown man and has enough games to be showing up.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
He is on too high a pedestal right now. It's up to him to aim up. He wants to be the man, then act like it. Age is a factor in terms of maturity. He is a grown man and has enough games to be showing up.
Not with me. He's fallen off.

Weaponhead

Coach
Not with me. He's fallen off.
I should have said he is 'seen' to be on too high a pedestal. I am off him because he fallen into same trap as last year.

There was one half throwing himself at the line trying to getvthe win on Friday and it wasn't Hynes.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Nicho to full back. He is done up front and until we unearth a wunderkinder and stay with Tricky and DA.
Do you mean replace a half with P plates with a half with L plates and pair said L plater with another L plater and another P plater?

Smart move.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I should have said he is 'seen' to be on too high a pedestal. I am off him because he fallen into same trap as last year.

There was one half throwing himself at the line trying to getvthe win on Friday and it wasn't Hynes.
Tricky is always throwing himself at the line but he's an easier sell in my theoretical. No way anyone else pays Bottles what he's on so we've all just got to ride it out. I think Fitz will be too single minded (stubborn) to do the obvious 6/7 swap and as I can't control any of what's going on I've decided not to stress about it. Not worth it. My expectations are now in the cellar.

Special K

Coach
I agree Nicho needs a vet. The issue is compounded because Brailey, Trindall and WK are all quiet and still learning their trade.

Latest posts