What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

I agree Nicho needs a vet. The issue is compounded because Brailey, Trindall and WK are all quiet and still learning their trade.
Brailey is over 100 games
Wk is basically 100
By now they should know how to play.

Dylan Edwards at same time as wk was miles ahead.
Don't get me started on Brailey

Weaponhead

Coach
If Hynes needs a vet then he is not a marquee player and may as well be moved on. Won't happen as the club is all in and he is the face of the club and the game.

If Hynes needs a vet then he is not a marquee player and may as well be moved on. Won't happen as the club is all in and he is the face of the club and the game.
I see more upside in Katoa at Dolphins then Hynes, and he has played a year less at half back in first grade and about 7 years younger

cb4

First Grade
We need 4-5 signings to freshen up the squad.
Problem is we won't do it. There is a general stubbornness at the club about retention. The mindset of everybody involved needs to change.

Frailty

First Grade
The problem with Brailey and Kennedy is that not only are they not improving, they are actually getting worse.

Kennedy I have more hope for rebounding - I feel like the game plan is too frequently sending a pass to the backrower rather than WK sweeping. Teams are no longer being asked the question.

Brailey just offers nothing at hooker anymore. He is running even less, doesn’t kick, etc.

Problem is we won't do it. There is a general stubbornness at the club about retention. The mindset of everybody involved needs to change.
I find that strange considering Fitz came from a club that if you didn't perform were shown the door and you replaced him.
Now he is happy for people to plod along.

Roosters potentially offloading Brandon Smith, but we are happy to keep Brailey.

cb4

First Grade
The problem with Brailey and Kennedy is that not only are they not improving, they are actually getting worse.

Kennedy I have more hope for rebounding - I feel like the game plan is too frequently sending a pass to the backrower rather than WK sweeping. Teams are no longer being asked the question.

Brailey just offers nothing at hooker anymore. He is running even less, doesn’t kick, etc.
Spot on regarding Kennedy. We have taken his best characteristics in attack and don't use them at all anymore. We are far too reliant and predictable by throwing the ball to our backrowers for a crash play.
This is also hindering our centres, who are copping a lot of unjust criticism.

As for Brailey, he is far from a problem, but the problem itself is there is no pressure. Berrell was signed 4 seasons ago and hasn't has a sniff. Sam Healey is off contract and has 3 Sydney clubs sniffing around for his services, I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave.
There is no genuine competition for spots in a lot of positions, and the drop off is alarming.

We had a winger as our 18th man and a half as our winger. The decision making is extremely poor top to bottom.

cb4

First Grade
I find that strange considering Fitz came from a club that if you didn't perform were shown the door and you replaced him.
Now he is happy for people to plod along.

Roosters potentially offloading Brandon Smith, but we are happy to keep Brailey.
I don't think it's a performance issue with Smith, as he has been very good for the Roosters this year. It is his off field antics that they don't approve of, and he is paid to be a player that comes in and sets standards, not disregards them.

You are right about Fitz though, unfortunately he didn't bring the ruthless streak with him. I have no doubt he will be a very good Coach, but at the moment he is in an environment where close enough is good enough. and that needs to change.

Again, from top to bottom.

PJ

First Grade

Disappointing. Expecetd more from Mooney

Spot on regarding Kennedy. We have taken his best characteristics in attack and don't use them at all anymore. We are far too reliant and predictable by throwing the ball to our backrowers for a crash play.
This is also hindering our centres, who are copping a lot of unjust criticism.

As for Brailey, he is far from a problem, but the problem itself is there is no pressure. Berrell was signed 4 seasons ago and hasn't has a sniff. Sam Healey is off contract and has 3 Sydney clubs sniffing around for his services, I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave.
There is no genuine competition for spots in a lot of positions, and the drop off is alarming.

We had a winger as our 18th man and a half as our winger. The decision making is extremely poor top to bottom.
Brailey exactly no pressure
Berrell no games.
Healey could be off.
Lucky the next hooker up is yet another Brailey.
Never seen a family produce so many hookers and so far they are all very vanilla

Brailey exactly no pressure
Berrell no games.
Healey could be off.
Lucky the next hooker up is yet another Brailey.
Never seen a family produce so many hookers and so far they are all very vanilla
You do know that the Brailey Senior is all up in the junior systems, don't you?
Reece Robson was actually in our system but went to Saints because of the Brailey power.

Lock him in for 100 games then.
Jayden could come back and have all the Braileys playing at same time lol

If we lose Healey because he senses his path is blocked it becomes a real concern.
Is Brailey snr a key in recruitment, why not move him on, what's the worse that happens Blayke throws his toys out

bluefox68

Staff member
Is Brailey snr a key in recruitment, why not move him on, what's the worse that happens
Footy clubs are notorious for having the ‘jobs for the boys’ attitude…

It is ‘easier said than done’ to move someone on when they are a ‘dyed in the wool’ club man…

I say that as a general rule (personal observation from my experience with a number of footy clubs in rural NSW) - I have never met the bloke…