What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured move to Central Coast

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Is Nick Politis really a businessman? I thought his dummy spit over Ryan Cross talking to the rah rahs was very unprofessional.

ucantseeme

Juniors
the idea of having expansion teams is to move into new areas & grow the sport, not to consolidate your position in an existing market

any new teams added should be outside of NSW & QLD, hence the expansion argument

besides, i dont trust singo, he has a very used car salesman vibe going on

brooksy19

Bench
ucantseeme said:
the idea of having expansion teams is to move into new areas & grow the sport, not to consolidate your position in an existing market

any new teams added should be outside of NSW & QLD, hence the expansion argument

besides, i dont trust singo, he has a very used car salesman vibe going on

Yes, lets handover one of the biggest growing areas for familes in the country to AFL, Soccer & Union on a platter..

Its already starting...

t-ba

Post Whore
.JOHNSY said:
I should have elaborated, I meant geographically. Manly are the logical choice. However as I stated will not happen.

There's About 300,000 people on the Peninsula, about 420,000 In the NS Juniors area and about 340,000 on the Coast...As the Crow Flies, you might be correct in your statement, but on the ground it takes longer to get to the CC from Brookvale than it does either Parramatta or the city. There's nothing 'logical' about it as well.

LESStar58

Referee
rabbs said:
Rumour has it that Singleton has had meetings with the biggest under achieving club in Sydney at the moment.Their crowds are falling,Their top playing roster is falling apart,players discontent with management,morley and cross.The coach is under pressure because of poor on field performances and maybe missing the finals two years in a row.Now that south's future is assured and they will not be to the central coast,singleton needs to have a team at his stadium.

:BDH:​

Roosters to Gosford? Not likely!

But yes, Singleton needs a team at Gosford...preferably North Sydney!

rabbs

Juniors
It's still on the cards,once Ricky whinge arse gets the sack and they finish on the bottom of the ladder they may have no choice unless they let Russell and Peter buy them out cheap.

Striker

Juniors
The team most likely to accept a move to the central coast would be the Bulldogs. The have played as just "The Bulldogs" for a while now and reading between the lines leads you to believe that has always been on the cards for them.

ozzie

Bench
rabbs said:
It's still on the cards,once Ricky whinge arse gets the sack and they finish on the bottom of the ladder they may have no choice unless they let Russell and Peter buy them out cheap.

No your the ones that sold you soul - try again...Central Coast Vermin - has a nice ring to it does it mixo.

We can't come last as you guys are still in the comp and did you realise that Stuart signed a new contract - oh dear all your arguements out the window

sydraider

First Grade
ozzie said:
No your the ones that sold you soul - try again...Central Coast Vermin - has a nice ring to it does it mixo.

We can't come last as you guys are still in the comp and did you realise that Stuart signed a new contract - oh dear all your arguements out the window

How long is sticky's contract extension?

When did he sign this?

brendothejet

First Grade
I Want The Bears Back.

Central Coast Bears. Western Reds. Southern Nz. Tasmania. Adelaide. Png. 2nd Victoria. Darwin Cyclones. Kalgoorlie Heat. The Alice Springs. Png Coconuts.

One Every Year Till They Are All In Please.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
rabbs said:
they may have no choice unless they let Russell and Peter buy them out cheap.

I like, I like! A complete takeover - we'll take the assets, players and juniors (back), but keep everything else. I wonder if the roosters ever fell so low Rusty would consider this, considering his 'passion' for that team:crazy:.

Eastern rooster

Juniors
rabbs said:
Rumour has it that Singleton has had meetings with the biggest under achieving club in Sydney at the moment.Their crowds are falling,Their top playing roster is falling apart,players discontent with management,morley and cross.The coach is under pressure because of poor on field performances and maybe missing the finals two years in a row.Now that south's future is assured and they will not be to the central coast,singleton needs to have a team at his stadium.

Just another stupid souths supporter blowing through his arse!

ozzie said:

Im glad you have resigned Stuart,your club deserves him.

t-ba

Post Whore
boonboon said:
None of the current teams will go unfortunatley, so will be a new team down the track,

Singo wont need a league team, he will have the soccer team and a new team in the National Rugby Comp these will both fill the stadiums in the next few years and unfortunatley league will die on the central coast

Missed this gem...

...If, in ten years, No 'Super Rugby' Franchise has gone close to packing their stadium every weekend, what makes you think the NRC will? It will be populated by Non-Wallabies players, which makes talent extremely thin on the ground.

Advertising on a stadium is just as lucrative as gates to btw. the marinators will have trouble getting in excess of 15,000 for an average any time in the future (What, a 9,000 average in there heavily hyped inaugaral season when thy were one of the comps gunn clubs?), and they will be hard pressed to ever draw a TV audience that would justifying the advertisers paying the Big $$$ for that exposure on the stadium. The only things in Oz that will get your product remotely enough exposure are 'Super Rugby', Test Football (of any vein), NRL and AFL. Since there is no way the former two will go to Gosford, and the venue isn't designed for AFL, it leaves NRL as the only choice. Get NRL and watch Singo lose interest in the Marinators and the 2GB Highlanders V.2