What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

gong_eagle

First Grade
For all you parra fans ive heard a rumour that your Tony Williams has chosen to ditch parramatta and join Manly.

:D

Cheering from across the harbour as Eels let Williams wriggle away

Greg Prichard | June 10, 2008

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/new...ms-wriggle-away/2008/06/09/1212863546761.html
TEENAGE sensation Tony Williams will formally commit himself to a three-year deal with Manly today after the deadline to match contract offers from rival clubs passed without the Eels able to make a bid to keep him.
There were suggestions yesterday that Williams was getting cold feet about switching clubs after he made a barnstorming first-grade debut on the wing for Parramatta in their win over Canberra on Saturday night.
But the player's manager, Isaac Moses, last night said Williams would be going ahead with his move next year to the Sea Eagles, who see the versatile 19-year-old's future in the second row.
Several hours ahead of last night's midnight deadline to match offers, Manly chief executive Grant Mayer said it was testimony to Williams's character that he was sticking to his agreement with the Sea Eagles.
"It's been a frenetic time," Mayer said. "Since his first-grade debut, Tony's had the Parra fans and the people at the club in his ear, trying to convince him to stay. But he's coming to Manly next year and we're really looking forward to it."
Parramatta football manager Andrew Hill last night said he had contacted Moses early in the day to discuss Williams's situation with him. But both Hill and Eels chief executive Denis Fitzgerald said there was nothing more the club could do financially to keep Williams.
"We've got no more room left under the salary cap," Fitzgerald said. "I'm assuming it [the move] will go ahead now."
The decision by Williams to follow through on the Manly deal comes after Penrith pair Luke Lewis and Nathan Smith decided to stay with the Panthers after originally agreeing to deals with South Sydney and Canberra respectively.

bexleyalan

Juniors
Hi Guys new pom here from good old London, and this my first posting on this forum. (be kind :))

As this thread is about rumoured signings just wondered if anyone heard of any players down your way Linked with HarlequinsRL. We were linked with Tim Smith but lost out to Wigan. Only asking as Scott Hill is returning home at the end of the season and we were looking at a SO to replace him.

but any news of any player would do (unless Wigan get in first again with thier good book keeping :roll:)

Cheers Alan in the UK

Springwood

Juniors
This isnt a rumour but it wouldnt suprise me if we see it happen,
Michael Hodgson to the raiders from the titans

he is off contract at the end of the year and his wife and two kids just recently had to move to canberra to run the family business a beauty salon or something!!!!!

Dutchy

Immortal
Hi Guys new pom here from good old London, and this my first posting on this forum. (be kind :))

As this thread is about rumoured signings just wondered if anyone heard of any players down your way Linked with HarlequinsRL. We were linked with Tim Smith but lost out to Wigan. Only asking as Scott Hill is returning home at the end of the season and we were looking at a SO to replace him.

but any news of any player would do (unless Wigan get in first again with thier good book keeping :roll:)

Cheers Alan in the UK

What soccer team do you go for?

Macko8

Juniors
This isnt a rumour but it wouldnt suprise me if we see it happen,
Michael Hodgson to the raiders from the titans

he is off contract at the end of the year and his wife and two kids just recently had to move to canberra to run the family business a beauty salon or something!!!!!

i hope not.
she should of opened a beauty salon in hull or bradford.

dont want and dont need him.

skeepe

Immortal
Hodgo goes alright. She opened the beauty salon when he was down here and playing well. Wouldn't mind him back... he's better than Nathan Smith after all.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Hodgo goes alright. She opened the beauty salon when he was down here and playing well. Wouldn't mind him back... he's better than Nathan Smith after all.

Hodgo was one of the more under-rated backrowers in the game in 2003. When used as a wide running, attacking backrower, he is a good player
sadly in 2004 Elliott tried to turn him into a front rower, and now he's a powder puff prop

If we signed him to play in the backrow (which we shouldnt do given our depth in this area), then i'd be ok, signed on as a front rower? Id like to think he'll be shaking hands with the SL coach before pre season begins

Jono078

Referee
lorenzo ma'afu -> Knights

Some bulldogs fan said it was in Big League.

And apparently other fringe Bulldogs players.

Jono078

Referee
You wouldnt beleive what position he plays, Keeney..

Second Row/Front Row.

Apparently he goes ok, the bulldogs fan was bit dissapointed to lose him.

Status
Not open for further replies.