What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuke

Bench
not really stood out and dominated this year. i would say that if the Knights do get Taumata that Dureau and him would be playing for the one spot. both are pretty young and still have a lot to prove.

Jono078

Referee
I heard Karmichael to Dragons aswell.

I can't see it happening though really.

Dragons arent in a real need for backs.

lockyno1

Post Whore
He is also rated a very strong chance to captain the club post Lockyer, and to be honest he'll get just as much cash from Brisbane as he would anyway. No chance of going.

Gaba

First Grade
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,,24020207-5012431,00.html

Dan Koch | July 15, 2008

STAR Broncos fullback Karmichael Hunt says he would be "stupid" not to consider a move when his contract expires next season as speculation mounts that he is likely to be the target of big-money offers from Sydney clubs.

At least two clubs are rumoured to be planning to make a play for the 21-year-old Test and Origin sensation, with the Dragons at the top of the list.

Broncos coach Wayne Bennett, Hunt's only club coach since he made his debut at 17 in 2004, will take over at the helm of the joint venture club from Nathan Brown at the start of next season.

With Josh Morris and Jason Ryles moving on at the end of this year and club captain Mark Gasnier almost certain to join them, Bennett looks set to head into the player market armed with plenty of cash. The loss of the trio is likely to free up almost $1 million.

While declaring he was happy in Brisbane, Hunt said he was at a stage where he would now look at any options put to him before signing anything next year.

"When the time comes I'll definitely look at my options and will consider any offer. I'd be stupid not to," Hunt said.

"A couple of contracts ago it would have been a 'no' straight away. But now I have been around a little while, I have been through this a couple of times and I will be taking a lot of different things into consideration.

"I am very close to my family and I want to make sure I make the best decision for them as well as me and my football."

The news came as no surprise to Broncos boss Bruno Cullen, who admitted he expects a fight to retain the gun custodian. Hunt is in line for a significant upgrade on his present deal, reportedly worth around $200,000 a season.

With skipper Darren Lockyer also off contract at the end of 2008, the Broncos are facing a potential salary cap squeeze.

However, Cullen said securing Hunt, who already has a premiership medal, seven Test caps and seven Origin appearances to his name, was a priority.

"I'd be surprised if there wasn't a lot of interest in a player the calibre of Karmichael," Cullen said.

"But we are certainly very keen to keep him here. He's a big part of our future plans and we'd love him to be a one-club man."
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Coaster

Bench
Hunt to the Titans maybe???

He could even keep his grandmas house with the painting of him in it.

Hell ill go pick him up each day to go to training if he likes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts