What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

murraymob

Coach
Yes he is a plyer that when given the ball prefers to steer the team around the park.Perfect example against the cowboys gower goes of hurt wallace goes to half we win.A huge talent just needs more games for experience.If given a choice between gower and wallace at penrith on current form i would take wallace in a canter

lockyno1

Post Whore
Fair enough. I just don't want another 6..we have Lockyer and Joel Moon who are both 5/8ths. If Wallace can play 7, I am glad we are talking to him as he is a fair dinkum awesome defender and has a good kicking game. That said I would be prepared to take a punt on Jamie Soward if we don't get Wallace.

murraymob

Coach
Not sure if soward is up he would have to get a release.The rooters have already let to young halfs go not sure if they will let soward go. He has a huge problem in defence a human turnstill .I watch a lot of lower grade games. You will need to address sowards defence big time

lockyno1

Post Whore
I have always believed this with soward though. Has he played with a good 6/7 before? Not really. Can't remember him playing may if any games with Freddie and Finch, Anasta are all average halves at best. The opportunity to play alongside a good 6 could be what is needed. Sometimes a player needs the chance to play 2nd fiddle to a better half. Plus he is a prolific goalkicker and I view that as a big positive considering Bennett refuses to start Mick Ennis and Lockyer misses way too many easy shots! Defensively he has been a bit 50/50 (soward) but the potential is there. As I said if we don't get Wallace which I hope we do, I hope we go hard for Jamie Soward.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Look in 2 yrs I would say yes he would play halfback, but I would like him at fullback to nurture him into the halves first.

D

Deleted member 10972

I hear that Roosters are chasing a young centre, probably to replace Monaghan, IMO they should be after one more prop as well, & possibly replacements for Soward, Lewis, etc.

freeridermx

Juniors
daniel dumas to saints was with newtown last year good young player debuted for the sharks a few year back heard he may be going back to the nrl .

Status
Not open for further replies.