What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis

Bench
wooden spoon > souths
wooden casket > SRRLFC

images

amaline

Juniors
Billy Ngawini > Union

It's pretty much confirmed actually.

Yep, confirmed. Signed for the Gold Coast Breakers. It's a shame, I would have liked to see him play, but with Friend in the team it would have been pretty hard. Anyway, here is a bit of the article that mentions it-

"New Zealand-born Ngawini, who spent most of the year with feeder club Tweed Heads, will return to rugby union next year after being told he is unwanted by the club. Ngawini will stay on the Coast to finish his secondary school teaching degree at Griffith University and has agreed to terms with the Gold Coast Breakers."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2008/09/06/15953_gold-coast-titans.html

coldhardbitch

Juniors
Heard from a reliable source that Robbie Farah has signed with Cronulla Sharks next year. Set to hit the press later his week.

Inferno

Coach
Heard from a reliable source that Robbie Farah has signed with Cronulla Sharks next year. Set to hit the press later his week.

Only way for that to be true would be if Bird was gone. No other way we'd have the cap space to get anywhere near what he'd be after.

Ross's name is always bandied about, and would likely free up the requisite funds, but with our shortage of decent props, I can't see Ross going anywhere.

If you're after backs, I've heard we are shopping David Simmons around. He's a 100 game veteran whose played Rep footy and he'd be a perfect match for that fast free flowing footy you guys play;-)

Last edited:

McLovin

Staff member
Only way for that to be true would be if Bird was gone. No other way we'd have the cap space to get anywhere near what he'd be after.

Ross's name is always bandied about, and would likely free up the requisite funds, but with our shortage of decent props, I can't see Ross going anywhere.

If you're after backs, I've heard we are shopping David Simmons around. He's a 100 game veteran whose played Rep footy and he'd be a perfect match for that fast free flowing footy you guys play;-)

It's funny because it's true...

Gaba

First Grade
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]Cuthbertson is suppose to sign with the dragons, anyone else heard this
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

cb4

First Grade
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]Cuthbertson is suppose to sign with the dragons, anyone else heard this[/FONT]
[/FONT]

i thought he would of been a shoe in for a spot in the manly squad in 09

If Farah leaves the Tigers, they will firm in to favourites for the Spoon imo. Their is no doubt that Marshall is a great footballer but without Farah there, they would be painting a big target on Benji and with his glass shoulder he'd be lucky to see out round 3. Tigers need at least one foil for Marshall and Morris sure as hell ain't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.