What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuke

Bench
Jason Cayless may be heading home to either Souths or Roosters. Apparently wants out of England

it would be nice to see him reunite with his brother. could he be following Daniel Anderson back home? probably a nice dream....

Springwood

Juniors
MICK DEVERE - Broncos (I know he is already part of the coaching staff but has the desire to be donning the jersey again) Ultimate proffesional so wouldnt suprise me the least!!!

The Colonel

Immortal
MICK DEVERE - Broncos (I know he is already part of the coaching staff but has the desire to be donning the jersey again) Ultimate proffesional so wouldnt suprise me the least!!!

DeVere edging closer to Broncos return

November 17, 2008 BRISBANE are angling to re-ignite the NRL career of one of the club's favourite players with former Australian centre Michael DeVere keen to pull on a Broncos jumper again in 2009.
Two weeks after ex-Kiwis star Stacey Jones announced he was coming out of retirement to re-join the Warriors, Brisbane chief executive Bruno Cullen is in crucial talks with NRL salary cap commissioner Ian Schubert about adding DeVere to his club's playing roster.

"I'm keen to play if the body holds up," said DeVere at Brisbane's first official training session.

"I've got the desire back. Age is not a factor, I'm only three months older than Darren Lockyer."

DeVere, a fitness devotee, would be a wonderful asset for the Broncos during Origin time or if representative centre Justin Hodges proves slow in recovering from major off-season shoulder surgery.

With winger Darius Boyd following coach Wayne Bennett to St George for next season, DeVere could join an exciting Broncos backline already boosted by the arrival of Israel Folau.

Folau is set to form a lethal right side combination with Queensland Origin teammate Justin Hodges.

Talented youngster Steve Michaels, recovering well from knee and wrist surgeries, and DeVere could form a defensive left side partnership in a back unit capped by halves Lockyer and Peter Wallace, supporterd by the classy Karmichael Hunt behind them..

DeVere left the Broncos in 2004 as the club's leading all-time leading scorer with 1,082 points from 64 tries and 413 goals, a mark since overtaken by Lockyer who recently celebrated 300 games.

A member of three premiership-winning sides in 1997 (Super League), 1998 and 2000, he was widely regarded as one of the best defensive centres in the world. He played five State of Origins for NSW and four Tests for Australia.

Injury forced him back home after Huddersfield lost the Challenge Cup Final 42-12 to St Helens in 2006 and earlier this year he took up an offer to join Henjak's elite coaching roster because he always wanted to return to the Broncos who gave him his start after he wrote a letter to Bennett.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24662647-23214,00.html

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Well after an awesome world cup campaign barnstorming Tongan prop Sam Moa is being sought after from NRL and ESL clubs.

NRL clubs have little money and most only have second-tier cap this season. So either a contract with little next season and more money after that.

Moa > Dragons or Hull

cb4

First Grade
Well after an awesome world cup campaign barnstorming Tongan prop Sam Moa is being sought after from NRL and ESL clubs.

NRL clubs have little money and most only have second-tier cap this season. So either a contract with little next season and more money after that.

Moa > Dragons or Hull

sam is still contracted with us i thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts